Florida mosque bombed

I don't maybe because of the fact that the damage was minor, it was in a remote place, there were not causalties and it was in Jacksonville. I mean Jacksonville is one of the only places in the country where they can't fill their football stadium.

I am sure during their peak season it a media magnet, but its not their peak season, so the story got pushed to the side.

Interesting note is that they labeled the guy a terrorist right away, yet Holder and Obama still don't call Major Hasan a terrorist and Holder stopped calling Al Qaeda members terrorist.

Yet they called the attempted the Times Square bomber a terrorist.

"We anticipate charging him with act of terrorism transcending national borders, attempted use of weapons of mass destruction....Based on what we know so far it is clear that this was a terrorist plot...It is a stark reminder of the reality that we face in this country...' Holder said..

They did not charge the panty bomber with "terrorism" or specifically call him a "terrorist" but I suspect that is because they are making charges they feel they can support and gain a conviction in court:

"Short of actual murder, these are some of the most serious charges in the criminal code," said Lloyd Meyer, a former terrorism prosecutor at U.S. war crimes tribunals at the Guantanamo Bay prison. "These charges are tailored to the facts of what happened over the sky in Detroit."​

Maybe the Hasan case is more complex and people are too hung up on the words themselves. Terrorist is vague and broad.

Bombings of places of worship have long been called "terrorist" and acts of domestic terrorism. Is there some reason bombing a mosque should not be called an act of domestic terrorism?

Good Question.

Yeah ,because it is a staged event.

Where's the media on this one? Mute:
By karoli Wednesday May 19, 2010 2:00pm

On May 10th, a middle-aged man carried a can of gasoline and a pipe bomb into the Jacksonville Islamic Center of Northeast Florida during evening prayers and detonated it. Fortunately, there were no injuries to people, though the bomb did damage property.

The surveillance video above gives a fairly decent picture of this man, who is clearly white, middle-aged, and on a mission.

The local news is all over it, of course. WOKV.com reports the FBI investigating it as a hate crime and possible domestic terrorism.

"It was a dangerous device, and had anybody been around it they could have been seriously injured or killed," says Special Agent James Casey. "We want to sort of emphasize the seriousness of the thing and not let people believe that this was just a match and a little bit of gasoline that was spread around."

Casey says surveillance video from the Islamic Center shows the arsonist carrying gasoline and the pipe bomb. When the explosive went off, parts of it were found 100 feet away on 9A.

So, a mosque is bombed by a white guy and the bomb isn't exactly small, but the national media sees no value in reporting it? Really? And yet, that is evidently the case.

Remember the times square coverage?! It dominated news.

Churches get firebombed quite frequently, they rarely make national headlines.

"We anticipate charging him with act of terrorism transcending national borders, attempted use of weapons of mass destruction....Based on what we know so far it is clear that this was a terrorist plot...It is a stark reminder of the reality that we face in this country...' Holder said..

They did not charge the panty bomber with "terrorism" or specifically call him a "terrorist" but I suspect that is because they are making charges they feel they can support and gain a conviction in court:

"Short of actual murder, these are some of the most serious charges in the criminal code," said Lloyd Meyer, a former terrorism prosecutor at U.S. war crimes tribunals at the Guantanamo Bay prison. "These charges are tailored to the facts of what happened over the sky in Detroit."​

Maybe the Hasan case is more complex and people are too hung up on the words themselves. Terrorist is vague and broad.

Bombings of places of worship have long been called "terrorist" and acts of domestic terrorism. Is there some reason bombing a mosque should not be called an act of domestic terrorism?

Good Question.

Do you really suspect that? Got any support? Links?

Good Question.

You know this to be a fact how?

Where's the media on this one? Mute:
By karoli Wednesday May 19, 2010 2:00pm

On May 10th, a middle-aged man carried a can of gasoline and a pipe bomb into the Jacksonville Islamic Center of Northeast Florida during evening prayers and detonated it. Fortunately, there were no injuries to people, though the bomb did damage property.

The surveillance video above gives a fairly decent picture of this man, who is clearly white, middle-aged, and on a mission.

The local news is all over it, of course. WOKV.com reports the FBI investigating it as a hate crime and possible domestic terrorism.

"It was a dangerous device, and had anybody been around it they could have been seriously injured or killed," says Special Agent James Casey. "We want to sort of emphasize the seriousness of the thing and not let people believe that this was just a match and a little bit of gasoline that was spread around."

Casey says surveillance video from the Islamic Center shows the arsonist carrying gasoline and the pipe bomb. When the explosive went off, parts of it were found 100 feet away on 9A.

So, a mosque is bombed by a white guy and the bomb isn't exactly small, but the national media sees no value in reporting it? Really? And yet, that is evidently the case.

Remember the times square coverage?! It dominated news.

Churches get firebombed quite frequently, they rarely make national headlines.

Proof?

I remember cases in national news so I seriously doubt this "quite frequently" staement.

The guy detonated a pipe bomb in a place of worship.

That sounds like terrorism to me. Why the hell is this not all over the news?

And wait, this was a week ago. I just did a Google search on this, and it came up with nothing but local stories, WTF?

In know I'm coming late to this thread and these things may have already been discussed, but seriously, WTF?

Last edited:

No offence LWC, you are just waking up to the fact that the Press is heavily manipulated, We woke up a long way back. Ask Chris Matthews, or Anderson Cooper why it is not bin their interest to report current events.

Here is one in Arizona.

Mesa church vandalized; suspect arrested

Cemeteries get hit around here. It comes in waves.

Vandalized by a guy on a 3-day meth binge....not the same as being bombed.

We get cemetery vandals too....

Bombings go back a ways. Desecration is current.

Desecration of churches, synagogues, mosques is not uncommon I'll agree. Bombing though, is upping it to a much more ominous level.

Fascinating.

Someone sets a pipebomb off in a Mosque and folks are actually trying to trivialize it.

Because it's Muslim. Because the press is "manipulating it" Because "it was staged" (no factual evidence provided of course)

What the hell is wrong with people?

No offence LWC, you are just waking up to the fact that the Press is heavily manipulated, We woke up a long way back. Ask Chris Matthews, or Anderson Cooper why it is not bin their interest to report current events.

Hey man, you know from past posts that I hate those talking heads. And yeah, they do manipulate, just like Fox does.

I want to know why NOBODY picked up on this though. That's a bunch of bullshit if you ask me.

Fascinating.

Someone sets a pipebomb off in a Mosque and folks are actually trying to trivialize it.

Because it's Muslim. Because the press is "manipulating it" Because "it was staged" (no factual evidence provided of course)

What the hell is wrong with people?

I don't believe that to be the case. You do not know the motive behind the censorship.

Wait a second, how is this not an act of terrorism?

Well...if it was done by a Sunni against a Shite mosque that could add a twist.

If it was done by mental patient, that would paint a different picture.

If it was done by the father of a slain military person.

If a husband was trying to kill his wife and not get caught...

Thing is...we don't have the answers yet.

Hey man, you know from past posts that I hate those talking heads. And yeah, they do manipulate, just like Fox does.

I want to know why NOBODY picked up on this though. That's a bunch of bullshit if you ask me.

They all have their agenda, We have the camps we roll with, both Left and Right. That new Fox slogan, "We Let You Decide" is totally lame. How does one respond to that? Thank you for allowing me to discern for myself??? I agree, Someone very high up in the Oligarchy Command decided to black out the story for what ever reason. I'm sure it interfered with something, real or imagined. ;)

Forum List

Back