Flat Earth BS EXPOSED

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Guys, Flat Earth gurus are just like all the other scumbags. Taking your money, washing your brains and party while you rest in fear of the conspiracies to come.

See this take off from the ground to the space without cuts.

They said it was flat, they didn't say it wasn't round.

Of all the bizarre things for people to believe.

The flat earth philosophy makes a point that most people, even the most educated, fail to grasp.

It's not about a literal belief that our planet is flat. It's questioning the popular narrative and not taking ideas on faith without understanding why you believe them.

Belief in something, even if it it is the truth, without understanding why you believe it, is no different from superstition.

The flat earth philosophy makes a point that most people, even the most educated, fail to grasp.

It's not about a literal belief that our planet is flat. It's questioning the popular narrative and not taking ideas on faith without understanding why you believe them.

Belief in something, even if it it is the truth, without understanding why you believe it, is no different from superstition.
Flat Earth is superstition. Watch the video.

I've watched videos on these folks, including their little conventions. They have models of what they think the Earth looks like. They make arguments like "if the Earth is spinning I should fall off, and I'm not", as a way to "argue" against gravity, the force that makes planets round.

Maybe they're lying when say they think the Earth is flat. Lying isn't a good way to convince someone of something, or to make any kind of point.

Lying isn't a good way to convince someone of something, or to make any kind of point.

Sometimes it's a great way to get you to question your assumptions.

For over 1,000 years, the Ptolemaic model of the solar system was the accepted view. You could even use it to make very accurate predictions of planetary movements ... to a accuracy beyond the ability of pre-telescopic technology to question.

Ptolemaic.GIF

The only way we moved beyond it was for people to question what they were taught and determine for themselves if the science was actually settled as they were told.

What, you mean understanding you believe something because other people you trust have told you? Like the earth orbiting the sun? I certainly haven't worked that out for myself. Care to show your work?

Flat Earthers know the earth is round, that’s not the point.

(Actually, the earth is more egg-shaped…)

The point is to exhibit disdain for the conventional, to be contrarian, to question everything, to sow doubt, discord, and uncertainty, making fertile ground for conspiracy theories and other such nonsense.

The point is to exhibit disdain for the conventional, to be contrarian, to question everything, to sow doubt, discord, and uncertainty, making fertile ground for conspiracy theories and other such nonsense.
The video shows that the earth is not round like a disk but like a ball.

not taking ideas on faith without understanding why you believe them
But taking something on trust based on the evidence that is the success of science is not faith. Could I mathematically describe the behavior of every quark? No.

Do i trust that scientists have it right? Yes. My evidence? Mountains of it, including the success of transistors and the ability to communicate with you using my quantum mechanical machine. That is not "faith".

I do see their point, but it's strident and probably creates more actual flat earthers than it does true skeptics who educate themselves in scientific knowledge.

I'm afraid the evidence does not back up your theory.

Yes, that's a concern. While I appreciate their efforts to an extent, I wonder if it does more harm than good,given the context in which it is presented. Admittedly, I am on the fence. It's similar to my feelings about scientists debating young earth creationists. While I appreciate the demonstration of the YECs' misrepresentations, fallacies, and flat-out lies, i wonder if it legitimizes the rejection of logic and evidence.

Hey, when I look across a desert all I see is flatness, wait I am looking at a Filipina again...

Actually those that believe the Earth is flat usually believe they are also the center of the Universe...

Forum List

Back