Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters

Apparently, reading comprehension.

I bolded it for ya though, thanks for letting me know you needed some help. Let me know if you need it broken down further. I'm always happy to oblige. ;)

That's it? Hell I thought you said there was a bigger problem.

Hell, if you like being a mindless sheep getting manipulated, divided and conquered by DC, then I guess you have no problem. As you were, brainiac. :thup:

For one thing no one manipulates me in any form or fashion and two, the problem you eluded to is lame. The bigger problem I see is the goverment overstepping it's bounds. And that problem will be addressed starting in November.

Ame®icano;2174930 said:
Price Controls for one.

Mandated benefits and "approved" procedures for two others.

Clearly, the doctor's judgment is that ObamaCare damages his profession. He's in the best position to make that evaluation.

As to shortage of supply - if you don't understand how demand driven by things being FREE outstrips supply, then there is no explaining economics to you.

Beside, he will be forced by the government to break an oath about doctor-patient privacy of medical records. Doctors will also be at the mercy of government bureaucrats approving medical procedures he wants to do in order to get paid.
I'm curious...are you people really stupid or just liars? It's so hard to tell.

Tell me, does this bill require doctors to submit government with his patient records? What's with electronic record requirement?

Ame®icano;2178500 said:
Ame®icano;2174930 said:
Beside, he will be forced by the government to break an oath about doctor-patient privacy of medical records. Doctors will also be at the mercy of government bureaucrats approving medical procedures he wants to do in order to get paid.

Tell me, does this bill require doctors to submit government with his patient records? What's with electronic record requirement?

The government appears to have quite a bit of latitude in this area:

EC. 3021. HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ENROLLMENT STANDARDS AND PROTOCOLS.

‘(a) In General

‘(1) STANDARDS AND PROTOCOLS- Not later than 180 days after the date of enactment of this title, the Secretary, in consultation with the HIT Policy Committee and the HIT Standards Committee, shall develop interoperable and secure standards and protocols that facilitate enrollment of individuals in Federal and State health and human services programs, as determined by the Secretary.

‘(2) METHODS- The Secretary shall facilitate enrollment in such programs through methods determined appropriate by the Secretary, which shall include providing individuals and third parties authorized by such individuals and their designees notification of eligibility and verification of eligibility required under such programs.

‘(b) Content- The standards and protocols for electronic enrollment in the Federal and State programs described in subsection (a) shall allow for the following:

‘(1) Electronic matching against existing Federal and State data, including vital records, employment history, enrollment systems, tax records, and other data determined appropriate by the Secretary to serve as evidence of eligibility and in lieu of paper-based documentation.

‘(2) Simplification and submission of electronic documentation, digitization of documents, and systems verification of eligibility.

‘(3) Reuse of stored eligibility information (including documentation) to assist with retention of eligible individuals.

‘(4) Capability for individuals to apply, recertify and manage their eligibility information online, including at home, at points of service, and other community-based locations.

[/b]‘(5) Ability to expand the enrollment system to integrate new programs, rules, and functionalities, to operate at increased volume, and to apply streamlined verification and eligibility processes to other Federal and State programs, as appropriate.[/b]

‘(6) Notification of eligibility, recertification, and other needed communication regarding eligibility, which may include communication via email and cellular phones.C

‘(7) Other functionalities necessary to provide eligibles with streamlined enrollment process.

‘(c) Approval and Notification- With respect to any standard or protocol developed under subsection (a) that has been approved by the HIT Policy Committee and the HIT Standards Committee, the Secretary--

‘(1) shall notify States of such standards or protocols; andCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(2) may require, as a condition of receiving Federal funds for the health information technology investments, that States or other entities incorporate such standards and protocols into such investments.

‘(d) Grants for Implementation of Appropriate Enrollment HIT-

‘(1) IN GENERAL- The Secretary shall award grant to eligible entities to develop new, and adapt existing, technology systems to implement the HIT enrollment standards and protocols developed under subsection (a) (referred to in this subsection as ‘appropriate HIT technology’).

‘(2) ELIGIBLE ENTITIES- To be eligible for a grant under this subsection, an entity shall--

‘(A) be a State, political subdivision of a State, or a local governmental entity; and

‘(B) submit to the Secretary an application at such time, in such manner, and containing--

‘(i) a plan to adopt and implement appropriate enrollment technology that includes--

‘(I) proposed reduction in maintenance costs of technology systems;

‘(II) elimination or updating of legacy systems; and

‘(III) demonstrated collaboration with other entities that may receive a grant under this section that are located in the same State, political subdivision, or locality;

‘(ii) an assurance that the entity will share such appropriate enrollment technology in accordance with paragraph (4); and

‘(iii) such other information as the Secretary may require.

‘(3) SHARING-CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(A) IN GENERAL- The Secretary shall ensure that appropriate enrollment HIT adopted under grants under this subsection is made available to other qualified State, qualified political subdivisions of a State, or other appropriate qualified entities (as described in subparagraph (B)) at no cost.

‘(B) QUALIFIED ENTITIES- The Secretary shall determine what entities are qualified to receive enrollment HIT under subparagraph (A), taking into consideration the recommendations of the HIT Policy Committee and the HIT Standards Committee.’.

Text of H.R.3590 as Enrolled Bill: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Ame®icano;2178500 said:

‘(1) Electronic matching against existing Federal and State data, including vital records, employment history, enrollment systems, tax records, and other data determined appropriate by the Secretary to serve as evidence of eligibility and in lieu of paper-based documentation.

"I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God."

OK lefties, start whining about the oath...

Ame®icano;2178580 said:
Ame®icano;2178500 said:

"I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God."

OK lefties, start whining about the oath...

No whining. The bill doesn't say anything about providing the government with patient records. It's simply replacing already existing paper based documentation with electronic....yes? no?

Uh....where are those electronic records going to be sent?

Uh....same place as the paper documentation that proceeded it was sent.

If your overly worried about privacy, it's too late. The insurance companies have had access to all that stuff for years.

What part of this law is confusing you?

If your overly worried about privacy, it's too late. The insurance companies have had access to all that stuff for years.

Maybe so...at least they aren't sending that info to some bureaucrat to determine your eligibility for ObamaCare....YET!!!!

Maybe so...at least they aren't sending that info to some bureaucrat to determine your eligibility for ObamaCare....YET!!!!

What exactly are you talking about? :eusa_eh:

bat shit crazy

They just want to mimic the level of distrust that was seen on our side for the Bush admin.

The BIG problem is we had REAL things to be concerned about and all they have is policy differances to complain about.

I really hope a shit load of cons dont fill out their census mailings just like the bat shit crazies are telling them

He's (I think) trying to say the gubmint getting some of your insurance information to determine allocation of funds and if needed to determine your eligibility for subsidies or access to State pools is somehow worse than the private companies who have had our medical records for decades and use it to determine whether you'll get the services you pay for or be dropped, or whether a treatment will be approved or rejected, or set the premiums you pay and the level of coverage they will offer, or report portions of it to credit bureaus for potential employers to use in deciding whether they want to hire you and pay your insurance premium.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Some bureaucrat will be looking at your medical records to match them to data held by the government.

gathering the medical information to discern better treatments are NOT DONE by NAME attached.....

it is anonymous, by the insurance companies and gvt, who does these same studies for medicare.

He's (I think) trying to say the gubmint getting some of your insurance information to determine allocation of funds and if needed to determine your eligibility for subsidies or access to State pools is somehow worse than the private companies who have had our medical records for decades and use it to determine whether you'll get the services you pay for or be dropped, or whether a treatment will be approved or rejected, or set the premiums you pay and the level of coverage they will offer, or report portions of it to credit bureaus for potential employers to use in deciding whether they want to hire you and pay your insurance premium.

Now what happened to America's concerns about government intrusion into their personal records? You all bitched to high heaven over the Patriot Act and the government listening in on your phone conversations and emails....now it's OK to have some GS-2 governemnt worker look at your medical records and determine what you get and don't get?

You gotta be shitting me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all because of Obama...you don't want to go against your President's agenda so you blindly support him no matter what. What makes ANY of you better than the neo-cons who blindly followed Bush?

Last edited:

Now what happened to America's concerns about government intrusion into their personal records? You all bitched to high heaven over the Patriot Act and the government listening in on your phone conversations and emails....now it's OK to have some GS-2 governemnt worker look at your medical records and determine what you get and don't get?

It's all because of Obama...you don't want to go against your President's agenda so you blindly support him no matter what. What makes ANY of you better than the neo-cons who blindly followed Bush?

It doesn't work that way under what was passed, and you're smart enough to know it.

But even if it did, I fail to see the difference between some governemnt employee doing it and some insurance company clerk using the exact same information for the exact same purpose. What's the difference? The end result is exactly the same.

gathering the medical information to discern better treatments are NOT DONE by NAME attached.....

it is anonymous, by the insurance companies and gvt, who does these same studies for medicare.

Go back and read the law. It CLEARLY states that personal medical records will be matched to existing government records....hardly anonymous.

It doesn't work that way under what was passed, and you're smart enough to know it.

But even if it did, I fail to see the difference between some governemnt employee doing it and some insurance company clerk using the exact same information for the exact same purpose. What's the difference? The end result is exactly the same.

It does work that way...go back and read the law as passed....

and insurance companies that trade information on your MEDICAL information ONLY hasn't got anything to do with the government matching your medical records to every single record they have on file for you to dtermine what gets doled out to you. All you have to do is read the law.

You supporters of this massive intrusion into your personal lives by the government sure don't seem to care about abuses of the system all of a sudden...what happened?

Go back and read the law. It CLEARLY states that personal medical records will be matched to existing government records....hardly anonymous.

and your finacial situation and age will determine what level of treatment will be given to this sick person. If the person has more value then more and better treatment will be available to this person.

The bill allows the government to associate those records with employment history, tax info, etc. The data is not going to be isolated from the government - and the HHS Secretary has broad latitude to decide what information has to be provided.

Forum List

Back