Five Myths About Sarah Palin

What I’m pleased to read is how good the article is. Realistic, sensible and even-handed. It looks like things are looking good for Sarah Palin these days. This clears up alot of misunderstandings about her that the public was misinformed on. Realistically she has proven to endure and become a potent powerhouse that commands a influence even greater than the Presidents.

washingtonpost.com

Think you know Sarah Palin? The former Alaska governor has been in the spotlight ever since John McCain named her as his running mate on Aug. 29, 2008. Yet, while practically everybody has an opinion about Palin, not all of those opinions are grounded in reality. Many of them are based more on a "Saturday Night Live" caricature than on the living, breathing, 46-year-old mother of five. The real Sarah Palin is a complex woman who has risen in no time from obscurity to the stratosphere of American politics, fusing celebrity and populism in novel ways. Now that she's laying the foundation for a possible presidential run in 2012, it's worth taking a moment to separate the facts about Palin from the fables.

More in link:

OK, so she is cool.

But she is no more qualified to be president than Barry Obama's eldest daughter.

This is a suicide mission for the nation if your intent is to see her elected as the next president.

Can't you find anybody who is qualified? Anybody?
Look, Palin is more than qualified. She has executive experience which is something Obama never had. She had a great record as governor. She outshines Obama when it comes to policymaking. What we are gettiing in Obama is a affirmitive action hire. A person who isn't able to do the job compared to a person with a better resume as in Palin. Have you seen her legislation she pushed through?

What I’m pleased to read is how good the article is. Realistic, sensible and even-handed. It looks like things are looking good for Sarah Palin these days. This clears up alot of misunderstandings about her that the public was misinformed on. Realistically she has proven to endure and become a potent powerhouse that commands a influence even greater than the Presidents.

washingtonpost.com

Think you know Sarah Palin? The former Alaska governor has been in the spotlight ever since John McCain named her as his running mate on Aug. 29, 2008. Yet, while practically everybody has an opinion about Palin, not all of those opinions are grounded in reality. Many of them are based more on a "Saturday Night Live" caricature than on the living, breathing, 46-year-old mother of five. The real Sarah Palin is a complex woman who has risen in no time from obscurity to the stratosphere of American politics, fusing celebrity and populism in novel ways. Now that she's laying the foundation for a possible presidential run in 2012, it's worth taking a moment to separate the facts about Palin from the fables.

More in link:

OK, so she is cool.

But she is no more qualified to be president than Barry Obama's eldest daughter.

This is a suicide mission for the nation if your intent is to see her elected as the next president.

Look, Palin is more than qualified. She has executive experience which is something Obama never had. She had a great record as governor. She outshines Obama when it comes to policymaking. What we are gettiing in Obama is a affirmitive action hire. A person who isn't able to do the job compared to a person with a better resume as in Palin. Have you seen her legislation she pushed through?
Eat shit and die. There was no quota for a black president. He ran a more successful campaign than another candidate and was elected. You are a piece of shit.

washingtonpost.com

More in link:

OK, so she is cool.

you racist babykiller, what state sold you a GED?

First consider the source: 'Matthew Continetti is opinion editor of the Weekly Standard and the author of "The Persecution of Sarah Palin: How the Elite Media Tried to Bring Down a Rising Star."'

Are they myths?

1. Palin cost McCain the 2008 election. Only partly. I agree with this as it is the same reason democrats and incumbents will now lose. Voters memories are short and their knowledge not very deep. For republicans and independents Bush was pure tragedy and McCain more of the same. But I do know several republicans who didn't vote as they couldn't vote for a ticket with Palin on it.

2. Resigning as governor was rash. Hell no, it wasn't rash, as dumb as Palin is she realized the lonely state of Alaska wasn't going to bring in the dough but her fifteen minutes, her smiling face, and empty rhetoric would. Smart move when your values are not work but easy money. Her business account abuse points to her real character.

3. Palin and the tea party are destroying the GOP. Still iffy, America, like all nations, goes through stupid stages in which the foe is the other guy, change, or some abstraction. The Social security medicare whiners are like most contented people, selfish. When the economy improves this too shall pass.

4. Palin is extreme. I consider anyone who brings in witch doctors to church extreme. Her unrehearsed comments are extreme and off the wall. Maybe extreme is the wrong word, but we don't use nuts or stupid today, so extreme works for her.

5. Palin is unelectable. In a nation in which corporate propaganda controls so many minds, she could be electable. The problem is her words in the past and if her handlers don't strictly control the message. Consider only the elections of Reagan and Bush Jr and it isn't hard to imagine another republican myth as president.

Anne Kilkenny, the homemaker who wrote of Sarah Palin, is overwhelmed by attention

About Sarah Palin: an e-mail from Wasilla || Crosscut.com

However, there are a lot of people who have underestimated her and are regretting it.

Claim vs. Fact

* "Hockey mom": True for a few years
* "PTA mom": True years ago when her first-born was in elementary school, not since
* "NRA supporter": Absolutely true
* Social conservative: mixed. Opposes gay marriage, but vetoed a bill that would have denied benefits to employees in same-sex relationships (said she did this because it was unconsitutional).
* Pro-creationism: Mixed. Supports it, but did nothing as governor to promote it.
* "Pro-life": Mixed. Knowingly gave birth to a Down's syndrome baby but declined to call a special legislative session on some pro-life legislation.
* "Experienced": Some high schools have more students than Wasilla has residents. Many cities have more residents than the state of Alaska. No legislative experience other than City Council. Little hands-on supervisory or managerial experience; needed help of a city administrator to run town of about 5,000.
* Political maverick: Not at all.
* Gutsy: Absolutely!
* Open and transparent: ??? Good at keeping secrets. Not good at explaining actions.
* Has a developed philosophy of public policy: No.
* "A Greenie": No. Turned Wasilla into a wasteland of big box stores and disconnected parking lots. Is pro-drilling off-shore and in ANWR.
* Fiscal conservative: Not by my definition!
* Pro-infrastructure: No. Promoted a sports complex and park in a city without a sewage treatment plant or storm drainage system. Built streets to early 20th century standards.
* Pro-tax relief: Lowered taxes for businesses, increased tax burden on residents
* Pro-small government: No. Oversaw greatest expansion of city government in Wasilla's history.
* Pro-labor/pro-union: No. Just because her husband works union doesn't make her pro-labor. I have seen nothing to support any claim that she is pro-labor/pro-union.

Last edited:
First consider the source: 'Matthew Continetti is opinion editor of the Weekly Standard and the author of "The Persecution of Sarah Palin: How the Elite Media Tried to Bring Down a Rising Star."'

Are they myths?

1. Palin cost McCain the 2008 election. Only partly. I agree with this as it is the same reason democrats and incumbents will now lose. Voters memories are short and their knowledge not very deep. For republicans and independents Bush was pure tragedy and McCain more of the same. But I do know several republicans who didn't vote as they couldn't vote for a ticket with Palin on it.

2. Resigning as governor was rash. Hell no, it wasn't rash, as dumb as Palin is she realized the lonely state of Alaska wasn't going to bring in the dough but her fifteen minutes, her smiling face, and empty rhetoric would. Smart move when your values are not work but easy money. Her business account abuse points to her real character.

3. Palin and the tea party are destroying the GOP. Still iffy, America, like all nations, goes through stupid stages in which the foe is the other guy, change, or some abstraction. The Social security medicare whiners are like most contented people, selfish. When the economy improves this too shall pass.

4. Palin is extreme. I consider anyone who brings in witch doctors to church extreme. Her unrehearsed comments are extreme and off the wall. Maybe extreme is the wrong word, but we don't use nuts or stupid today, so extreme works for her.

5. Palin is unelectable. In a nation in which corporate propaganda controls so many minds, she could be electable. The problem is her words in the past and if her handlers don't strictly control the message. Consider only the elections of Reagan and Bush Jr and it isn't hard to imagine another republican myth as president.

Anne Kilkenny, the homemaker who wrote of Sarah Palin, is overwhelmed by attention

However, there are a lot of people who have underestimated her and are regretting it.

Claim vs. Fact

* "PTA mom": True years ago when her first-born was in elementary school, not since
* Social conservative: mixed. Opposes gay marriage, but vetoed a bill that would have denied benefits to employees in same-sex relationships (said she did this because it was unconsitutional).
* Pro-creationism: Mixed. Supports it, but did nothing as governor to promote it.
* "Pro-life": Mixed. Knowingly gave birth to a Down's syndrome baby but declined to call a special legislative session on some pro-life legislation.
* "Experienced": Some high schools have more students than Wasilla has residents. Many cities have more residents than the state of Alaska. No legislative experience other than City Council. Little hands-on supervisory or managerial experience; needed help of a city administrator to run town of about 5,000.
* Open and transparent: ??? Good at keeping secrets. Not good at explaining actions.
* "A Greenie": No. Turned Wasilla into a wasteland of big box stores and disconnected parking lots. Is pro-drilling off-shore and in ANWR.
* Pro-infrastructure: No. Promoted a sports complex and park in a city without a sewage treatment plant or storm drainage system. Built streets to early 20th century standards.
* Pro-tax relief: Lowered taxes for businesses, increased tax burden on residents
* Pro-small government: No. Oversaw greatest expansion of city government in Wasilla's history.
* Pro-labor/pro-union: No. Just because her husband works union doesn't make her pro-labor. I have seen nothing to support any claim that she is pro-labor/pro-union.
:clap2:

Are they myths?

Claim vs. Fact

:clap2:
The source is leftist and anti-Palin. Nice try though. We do need a pro independent domestic oil and gas president and that is what we will get in her. Those type of companies can boost economies of small town America.

Last edited:
Get the GOP base motivated. Bring attention to key candidates. Great Fundrasier.

I think she does that job especially well, but I don't want to see her running or holding office. I just don't think she has what it takes!

I said qualified, not more qualified than Obama.

I mean somebody who is actually up to being the leader of the world's superpower nation. Not somebody who might be able to beat Barry in 2012.

Hillary is qualified. She is a tough old bitch who knows how to do the job. I don't like her but when the phone rings at 2:30 in the WH I know she can hang.

I said qualified, not more qualified than Obama.

I mean somebody who is actually up to being the leader of the world's superpower nation. Not somebody who might be able to beat Barry in 2012.

Hillary is qualified. She is a tough old bitch who knows how to do the job. I don't like her but when the phone rings at 2:30 in the WH I know she can hang.
Palin is qualified.

washingtonpost.com

More in link:

OK, so she is cool.

Caibou Barbie competed in beauty contests, while Obama never did. Does this make her more qualified too? Caribou Barbie quit her job to make millions from the weak minded, while Obama never did. Does this make her more qualified? And where the hell is LiarFrank's stamp of approval on this thread???

How is she big government when she reduced government in Alaska compared to other Administrations?

Another myth!

Give me facts that prove me wrong then.

The deficit in Wasilla went from $1 million to $22 million during her time as mayor.
Sarah Palin the 'Earmark Queen' of AK Left Wasilla $20 Million in Debt | Crooks and Liars

Then as governor..increased deficit spending in Alaska.
James Love: Sarah Palin increased operating budget by 27 percent over two years

Another myth!

Give me facts that prove me wrong then.

The deficit in Wasilla went from $1 million to $22 million during her time as mayor.
Sarah Palin the 'Earmark Queen' of AK Left Wasilla $20 Million in Debt | Crooks and Liars

Then as governor..increased deficit spending in Alaska.
James Love: Sarah Palin increased operating budget by 27 percent over two years

Ah..Oh James Love who writes for the vile anti Palin liberal Arianna Huffington's Huffington Post. Come on man.

The truth:

Here are some true facts that the liberals in Alaska and America do not want you to know.

Governor Murkowski's last budget FY2007: $11,697,400,000
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/08_OMB/budget/Enacted/FY2008_ConfComm_Less_Vetoes_Fiscal_Summary.pdf

Governor Palin's latest budget FY2010: $10,570,000,000
http://www.gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/bills/Budget_Press_Release_5-21-09.pdf

Total reduction in spending between 2007 and 2010: a whopping 9.5% or $1,127,400,000

A general rule of thumb for both liberal and conservative administrations is to claim that they may reasonably increase spending every year at a rate of 2% to 3% because of inflation and that should not count against them as increased spending. Even if we use the low end of inflation at 2%, Governor Palin's budget could have been (without calling it a spending increase): $12,413,374,459.20

Of course, the budget is not $12.4 billion; it is actually $10.57 billion. In other words, she cut spending.

Check out these numbers:

FFY07- Murkowski's federal requests total: 63 projects @ $349,497,000
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY07_Approp_Requests.pdf

FFY10- Governor Palin's federal requests total: 8 projects @ $69,100,000
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY10_Approp_Requests.pdf

That was a gigantic 80% drop in federal requests by the Alaska governor's office.

See what I mean about leading by example? Not only did Governor Palin drop the federal requests for money by 80%, she had also been slowly chipping away at these numbers since the beginning of her administration.

FFY2007- Gov. Murkowski 63 projects at $349,497,000
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY07_Approp_Requests.pdf

FFY08- Gov. Palin 52 projects at $256,037,000
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY08_Approp_Requests.pdf

FFY09- Gov. Palin 31 projects at $195,094,900
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY09_Approp_Requests.pdf

FFY10- Gov. Palin: 8 projects @ $69,100,000
http://gov.state.ak.us/omb/10_omb/budget/10 PDFs/FFY10_Approp_Requests.pdf

As you can clearly see, there was a noticeable drop in federal requests year after year during Governor Palin's administration.

My sources are fact with government numbers to back them up.

Last edited:
she is still completely unqualified.

Again, can't you find ANYbody who is qualified for the position?

Forum List

Back