FIVE % growth 3rd quarter- Want to act like Americans yet, haters?

Hey asshole! I fucking agree with you. Are you on your fucking period? Shit.

No you don't, you seem to think that we are on the cusp of some economic good times that have only been stopped by Obama and his BS. That is incorrect. We are on the cusp of disaster and Obama is just the latest in moron to oversee our journey there. Pull your head out of your ass and take off the partisan blinders...they are not helpful.

You'll find that most of the turds in here just want to say "republicans" or Obama or "liberal" etc... That's what most of the posters here are - relentless partisan hacks that have no substance to their stance.

Just take a look at rightwinger, there. Perfect example of a moron that runs his fingers nonstop here on the board and hasn't said shit worth reading yet.

But I'm the most popular poster on USMB

Oh, sure. Among the bottom feeders you're a very popular bottom feeder. I'm sure of it.

My posts are celibrated far and wide

Yeah, all across the bottom of the shallowest pond on earth. Good work, troll.

Worm's eye view from the floor of a steel mill. 26Dec14, we go 24/7 on production. Next year we plan to hire 200 more people as the pipe mill goes into full production. In order to keep from losing more craftsmen, raised the millwright's wages by 7%, and the electricians by 3%. 2015 looks like a good year for us.

The Dishonest and Lying Leftists, and a corrupt and Manipulating government IS the new normal under the Obamanation!

Here Is The Reason For The "Surge" In Q3 GDP

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 12/23/2014 09:25 -0500

Back in June, when we were looking at the final Q1 GDP print, we discovered something very surprising: after the BEA had first reported that absent for Obamacare, Q1 GDP would have been negative in its first Q1 GDP report, subsequent GDP prints imploded as a result of what is now believed to be the polar vortex. But the real surprise was that the Obamacare boost was, in the final print, revised massively lower to actually reduce GDP!
This is how the unprecedented trimming of Obamacare's contribution to GDP looked like back then.

Of course, even back then we knew what this means: payback is coming, and all the BEA is looking for is the right quarter in which to insert the "GDP boost". This is what we said verbatim:
Don't worry thought: this is actually great news! Because the brilliant propaganda minds at the Dept of Commerce figured out something banks also realized with the stub "kitchen sink" quarter in November 2008. Namely, since Q1 is a total loss in GDP terms, let's just remove Obamacare spending as a contributor to Q1 GDP and just shove it in Q2.
Stated otherwise, some $40 billion in PCE that was supposed to boost Q1 GDP will now be added to Q2-Q4.
And now, we all await as the US department of truth says, with a straight face, that in Q2 the US GDP "grew" by over 5% (no really: you'll see).
Well, we were wrong: it wasn't Q2. It was Q3, albeit precisely in the Q2-Q4 interval we expected.
Fast forward to today when as every pundit is happy to report, the final estimate of Q3 GDP indeed rose by 5% (no really, just as we predicted), with a surge in personal consumption being the main driver of US growth in the June-September quarter. As noted before, between the second revision of the Q3 GDP number and its final print, Personal Consumption increased from 2.2% to 3.2% Q/Q, and ended up contributing 2.21% of the final 4.96% GDP amount, up from 1.51%.
So what did Americans supposedly spend so much more on compared to the previous revision released one month ago? Was it cars? Furnishings? Housing and Utilities? Recreational Goods and RVs? Or maybe nondurable goods and financial services?
Actually no. The answer, just as we predicted precisely 6 months ago is... well, just see for yourselves......

Here Is The Reason For The Surge In Q3 GDP Zero Hedge

Worst.

Most useless.

Website.

Ever.

Is that your way of saying "damn it, they have the facts straight."

Hahahahahahaha

Worthless site.

The Dishonest and Lying Leftists, and a corrupt and Manipulating government IS the new normal under the Obamanation!

Back in June, when we were looking at the final Q1 GDP print, we discovered something very surprising: after the BEA had first reported that absent for Obamacare, Q1 GDP would have been negative in its first Q1 GDP report, subsequent GDP prints imploded as a result of what is now believed to be the polar vortex. But the real surprise was that the Obamacare boost was, in the final print, revised massively lower to actually reduce GDP!
This is how the unprecedented trimming of Obamacare's contribution to GDP looked like back then.

Of course, even back then we knew what this means: payback is coming, and all the BEA is looking for is the right quarter in which to insert the "GDP boost". This is what we said verbatim:
Don't worry thought: this is actually great news! Because the brilliant propaganda minds at the Dept of Commerce figured out something banks also realized with the stub "kitchen sink" quarter in November 2008. Namely, since Q1 is a total loss in GDP terms, let's just remove Obamacare spending as a contributor to Q1 GDP and just shove it in Q2.
Stated otherwise, some $40 billion in PCE that was supposed to boost Q1 GDP will now be added to Q2-Q4.
And now, we all await as the US department of truth says, with a straight face, that in Q2 the US GDP "grew" by over 5% (no really: you'll see).
Well, we were wrong: it wasn't Q2. It was Q3, albeit precisely in the Q2-Q4 interval we expected.
Fast forward to today when as every pundit is happy to report, the final estimate of Q3 GDP indeed rose by 5% (no really, just as we predicted), with a surge in personal consumption being the main driver of US growth in the June-September quarter. As noted before, between the second revision of the Q3 GDP number and its final print, Personal Consumption increased from 2.2% to 3.2% Q/Q, and ended up contributing 2.21% of the final 4.96% GDP amount, up from 1.51%.
So what did Americans supposedly spend so much more on compared to the previous revision released one month ago? Was it cars? Furnishings? Housing and Utilities? Recreational Goods and RVs? Or maybe nondurable goods and financial services?
Actually no. The answer, just as we predicted precisely 6 months ago is... well, just see for yourselves......

Worst.

Most useless.

Website.

Ever.

Hahahahahahaha

Worthless site.

Right. that's what i thought you had to say - nothing of merit or interest.

Cool. Celebrate it up on that accounting trick.

Lefties think we worship Putin because THEY worship Obama. It aint like that at all.
Better article at ZeroHedge:
Fed Tightening On Deck After Q3 GDP Soars To 5 On Revisions Highest Since 2003 Zero Hedge
The drivers: unprecedented revisions to Personal Consumption which supposedly rose by 3.2% in Q3 as opposed to the 2.2% prior reported, and 2.5% expected. Consumption accounted for 2.21% of the final 5.0% GDP print: this was the highest since Q4 2010 when it rose 2.8%. In fact, everything was revised higher: fixed investment rose 1.21% compared to the 0.97% reported previously; private inventories were virtually unchanged after allegedly subtracting 0.6% from growth in the original Q3 GDP estimate; net trade was unchanged adding 0.77% to GDP and finally the government boosted GDP a little as well, contributing 0.8%.

In other words, it is all downhill from here.

ZeroHedge is the most useless "financial" web site around.

Just sayin'.
What are the Financial Websites you go to or use? (If any)

I don't read the blogs anymore.

I use a Bloomberg. I also have proprietary sources. WSJ and Barron's are the two best business websites.

zzzzzzzzzz............uh? Oh, sorry. thought someone said something of interest or merit. My bad.

It sure is holding it back. We should have had 20 million jobs created last 2 years if it wasn't for obamacare and epa restrictions. Wrap your head around that and get back to me.

Actually....we could have added millions of additional jobs and had a much more robust recovery if Republicans had not insisted on austerity as a solution to a recession
Wow this went right over your head. 20 million is w ay more than a "robust" economy.

Provide a link to your mythical 20 million jobs and we can talk

Anybody with simple commonsense knows this. I'm tired of explaining basic shit to liberals. All fucking done. Fuck it. Freakin gone like a fart in the wind.

Don't ever give up, you're not posting to the pond scum, you're posting to the 95% of members that read this forum and don't post.... Information is the life's blood of politics, just steer them in the correct direction!

Yeah! This is important stuff! You must not give up. There are hearts and minds reading this and you can change them!

Worst.

Most useless.

Website.

Ever.

Hahahahahahaha

Worthless site.

Right. that's what i thought you had to say - nothing of merit or interest.

Cool. Celebrate it up on that accounting trick.

ZeroMoney has been peddling that shit for the last 800 S&P points.

Hope you sold all your gold at $1921 3 years and -40% ago like ZeroHedge didn't tell you to.

It's an intellectual circle jerk of ideologues looking for self-affirmation for being so bloody wrong the past three years.

What a waste.

Provide a link to your mythical 20 million jobs and we can talk

Anybody with simple commonsense knows this. I'm tired of explaining basic shit to liberals. All fucking done. Fuck it. Freakin gone like a fart in the wind.

Sounds like surrender on your part

Thats why I asked you to back it up
Someone needs to take a steaming pile of shit on your porch and stick your new York time news paper to it.

You need counseling.
I've been in counselling for 15 years. I got my psychologist to have our sessions st KFC while in middle school. He drove of course. Some of the shit I could get people to do you'd say impossible.

Good for you. I humbly suggest you find a new therapist. Maybe the milieu at the KFC wasn't for you, traditional psychotherapy may be helpful as well as anger management.

Lefties think we worship Putin because THEY worship Obama. It aint like that at all.
Fed Tightening On Deck After Q3 GDP Soars To 5 On Revisions Highest Since 2003 Zero Hedge
The drivers: unprecedented revisions to Personal Consumption which supposedly rose by 3.2% in Q3 as opposed to the 2.2% prior reported, and 2.5% expected. Consumption accounted for 2.21% of the final 5.0% GDP print: this was the highest since Q4 2010 when it rose 2.8%. In fact, everything was revised higher: fixed investment rose 1.21% compared to the 0.97% reported previously; private inventories were virtually unchanged after allegedly subtracting 0.6% from growth in the original Q3 GDP estimate; net trade was unchanged adding 0.77% to GDP and finally the government boosted GDP a little as well, contributing 0.8%.

Just sayin'.

I use a Bloomberg. I also have proprietary sources. WSJ and Barron's are the two best business websites.
So what do they say? Is the Economy Improving? Will the Dollar gain value? Are gold and silver going down? Will the Fed cut rates? Where will the stock market be in one year? What will Americas' debt be in 1 year?

Just sayin'.

So what do they say? Is the Economy Improving? Will the Dollar gain value? Are gold and silver going down? Will the Fed cut rates? Where will the stock market be in one year? What will Americas' debt be in 1 year?

Following those sources is sure to have you left with no money!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

No denying that PCE is up. What the article fails to highlight, though, is the significance of gov't deficit spending on GDP. In 1900, government spending accounted for about 7% of GDP. Now, it's pushing toward 40%.

$trillion deficits automatically raise GDP, even if that spending is wasteful and inefficient. The latest spending bill, passed by the Senate, gives the Pentagon a $64 billion raise. Big banks got big gifts. Seemingly, everyone in government got piles of Xmas presents, and cash for pet projects in the bill. Whether that's good or bad, it will fuel GDP growth.

GDP is a tricky stat. It can rise due to inflation, gov spending, or any number of reasons, not all of them good. The devil is in the details.
Clinton, Obama & Democrats slashed government & government spending percent of GDP below Reagan/Bush/Bush Republican spending disasters. Bush destroyed 18 million jobs & caused massive inflation.

fredgraph.png

Last edited:

Just sayin'.

They say a variety of things. The economy is getting better, the Fed will probably raise rates, and total debt to GDP will be roughly the same.

As for where asset markets are going, I don't rely on what a website says.

We're watching Russia collapse but the RWs still worship Pootin.

Thank you Mr President.

Amazing how Conservatives worship "Tough Guy" Putin while they mock the sanctions from Obama as being "weak". Putin really stuck it to Obama didn't he?

Putins economy is on the brink of a major recession while the American economy is among the strongest in the world

Because oil prices have crashed not because of your Messiah.

We're watching Russia collapse but the RWs still worship Pootin.

Thank you Mr President.

Amazing how Conservatives worship "Tough Guy" Putin while they mock the sanctions from Obama as being "weak". Putin really stuck it to Obama didn't he?

Putins economy is on the brink of a major recession while the American economy is among the strongest in the world

Because oil prices have crashed not because of your Messiah.
That's odd......other oil producing states have not been brought to their knees by droping oil prices.....only your Messiah Putin

Forum List

Back