Outstanding: Ohio Governor Kasich Signs Bill Allowing Hunters To Shoot Wild Game Using Silencers

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
This is great news for hunters.

GUN WATCH OH Governor Kasich signs Gun Law Reform H.B. 234

OJh0cf7.jpg

Besides, a silencer makes it so much harder for the police to figure out where the shots are coming from. A boon for all fruitloops of whatever political persuasion.

Muzzle blast is just part of gun noise. A big part is the bullet breaking the sound barrier and obviously this will not reduce that.

Why does a hunter need a silencer? ..... :cool:

It's way easier on the ears and you dont need to wear ear protection which makes it easier to hear game.
Not only that it makes range time a pure joy.

Ear protection is a partial scam. I agree it helps reduce ear damage but lots of damage is still done, even if you wear both plugs and muffs.

All I know is after three or four hundred rounds if feels like someones jamming an ice pick in to my ear every time I fire.
Ear protection eliminates that.

I am really curious- why is this great news for hunters?

I really don't care one way or the other.

But what makes this great news for hunters?

You didnt read the whole thread....
I mean come on man!! It's only 17 friggen post!!!

The best thing is it allows you to shoot without ear protection allowing you to hear approaching animals like deer or the flushing of birds. And if you're bird hunting it also allows you to hear the position of your fellow hunters much better. We all know that can be a problem.

I am really curious- why is this great news for hunters?

I really don't care one way or the other.

But what makes this great news for hunters?

You didnt read the whole thread....
I mean come on man!! It's only 17 friggen post!!!

The best thing is it allows you to shoot without ear protection allowing you to hear approaching animals like deer or the flushing of birds. And if you're bird hunting it also allows you to hear the position of your fellow hunters much better. We all know that can be a problem.

I was responding to the OP- not my fault he didn't bother to explain it in his post.

But thanks for the explanation.

Forum List

Back