Fiscal Cliff: Tax Revenue Fallacy

MPSPod

Rookie
Dec 31, 2012
It seems to me that this whole fiscal cliff issue has been subverted by the fallacy that raising tax rates increases revenue. In the four major tax rate cuts of the past 100 years, revenues have drastically increased. In current conditions, it is cutting tax rates, not increasing them, that will increase tax revenues. That means that Obama and the Democrats in Congress have no excuse to be pushing for higher taxes on anyone.

Why won't the Republicans in Congress explain this to the American people? Republican leadership in congress is lacking.

If you agree with me, then I encourage you to sign and share the petition I've made. It calls for the Republican Governors to unite and use their media exposure to explain this issue to the American people and call on Congress to build a common sense solution around lower taxes. One of these Governors could be our President in 2016. Why shouldn't they begin to demonstrate that they can unify the country on a divisive issue?

Apparently I can't post URL's because I'm brand new here, but the petition is on ipetitions and it's called fiscal-cliff. If you can't find it, let me know.

This isn't just a plug for my petition, btw, I do want to discuss the issue of the Revenue Fallacy as well.

From a South Korean perspective, how does it hit you? Is it that you see us heading in the wrong direction? Honestly, do you think it's more about Revenue or Control?

Why won't the Republicans in Congress explain this to the American people? Republican leadership in congress is lacking.
That's the Fallacy right there, that the Republicans OR the Democrats care about the average citizen, they don't.

They only care about and do the bidding of the Banksters that own and control them.

It seems to me that this whole fiscal cliff issue has been subverted by the fallacy that raising tax rates increases revenue. In the four major tax rate cuts of the past 100 years, revenues have drastically increased. In current conditions, it is cutting tax rates, not increasing them, that will increase tax revenues. That means that Obama and the Democrats in Congress have no excuse to be pushing for higher taxes on anyone.

If you agree with me, then I encourage you to sign and share the petition I've made. It calls for the Republican Governors to unite and use their media exposure to explain this issue to the American people and call on Congress to build a common sense solution around lower taxes. One of these Governors could be our President in 2016. Why shouldn't they begin to demonstrate that they can unify the country on a divisive issue?

Apparently I can't post URL's because I'm brand new here, but the petition is on ipetitions and it's called fiscal-cliff. If you can't find it, let me know.

Nope your wrong.

the numbers DONT support your claims

It's not about revenue, it's about PUNISHMENT. Class warfare requires an enemy- that enemy is the nebulously defined "RICH".

It's not about revenue, it's about PUNISHMENT. Class warfare requires an enemy- that enemy is the nebulously defined "RICH".

And just watch: as the economy continues to decline, that definition of RICH will decline as well.

Forum List

Back