Fireman Fired for bringing Watermelon to work.

Today it's fruit...

Tomorrow... Vegetables!

They have these in Turkey, they are very nice I bought some when I was in Constantinople/Istanbul.

Gotta+get+me+some+negro+its+a+turkish+biscuit+kinda_facbf9_3967777.jpg

They also have these in Turkey.

upload_2017-10-8_20-39-41.png

upload_2017-10-8_20-44-37.png

This one is Japanese.

upload_2017-10-8_20-47-45.png

I'm a white guy who loves to eat fried chicken and watermelon myself, so I never thought it was a very good insult anyway.

Well, you know what this means. As white people, you just don't share your watermelon or fried chicken anymore . You eat it all yourself and let them call you selfish. I personally like watermelon very much
and would bring it to any picnic or pot luck. Its one of the few things there that will be good for you.

Detroit firefighter fired for bringing watermelon to station

DETROIT (WJBK) - Fired before he officially started.

Last Monday, 41-year-old Robert Pattison went to introduce himself to his fellow firefighters at Engine 55 at Joy and Southfield in Detroit.

Second Battallion Chief Shawn McCarty calls it a tradition for firefighters.

"It's not mandatory, it's voluntary," he said. "You come in bearing gifts. The usual gift is doughnuts but you are allowed to bring whatever you want to bring in."

And Pattison, a probationary firefighter, decided to bring a watermelon wrapped in a pink ribbon.

We're told some African-American firefighters were instantly offended since 90 percent of the people who work at Engine 55 are black.

"When you get your first detail at a firehouse you pretty much know what you are getting yourself into," said Patrick Trout. "So you would have to say it was probably a bad call."

FOX 2: "Is it racially insensitive to bring a watermelon into a fire house?"

"To some people," McCarty said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So..white guys cannot like/eat watermelon cuz it's a racist fruit?

MAJOR eye roll!!!!
Why?
Duh.
I knew you were stupid but " duh" proves it! Oh! And incidentally it is stupid to turn your nose up at delicious watermelon too.
I don't care for watermelon but if someone brought one to a pot luck gathering, I wouldn't have issue with it. I just wouldn't eat it. Not tell the person who brought it to get the fuck out.

Idiot.

Last Monday, 41-year-old Robert Pattison went to introduce himself to his fellow firefighters at Engine 55 at Joy and Southfield in Detroit.

"It's not mandatory, it's voluntary," he said. "You come in bearing gifts. The usual gift is doughnuts but you are allowed to bring whatever you want to bring in."

And Pattison, a probationary firefighter, decided to bring a watermelon wrapped in a pink ribbon.

We're told some African-American firefighters were instantly offended since 90 percent of the people who work at Engine 55 are black.

"When you get your first detail at a firehouse you pretty much know what you are getting yourself into," said Patrick Trout. "So you would have to say it was probably a bad call."

MAJOR eye roll!!!!
Why?
Duh.
I knew you were stupid but " duh" proves it! Oh! And incidentally it is stupid to turn your nose up at delicious watermelon too.
I don't care for watermelon but if someone brought one to a pot luck gathering, I wouldn't have issue with it. I just wouldn't eat it. Not tell the person who brought it to get the fuck out.

Idiot.
You are a full on retard. We get it.

So what was the intent here ?
It's hard to imagine that he would have done this to purposely stir things up with his new black coworkers.
So why fire him?
Why not just take him aside and tell him that this sort of gift can be taken the wrong way by black workers, and give him the opportunity to move forward with his new job?
Firing him only further divides us, and pisses off a lot of people.

MAJOR eye roll!!!!
Why?
Duh.

Idiot.
You are a full on retard. We get it.

^^^^

979469.png

MAJOR eye roll!!!!

upload_2017-10-8_23-15-25.png

upload_2017-10-8_23-13-12.png

XLJJe.gif

tenor.gif

So what was the intent here ?
It's hard to imagine that he would have done this to purposely stir things up with his new black coworkers.
So why fire him?
Why not just take him aside and tell him that this sort of gift can be taken the wrong way by black workers, and give him the opportunity to move forward with his new job?
Firing him only further divides us, and pisses off a lot of people.

Maybe he was saying he was an independent person and not worried about racial issues or PC bullshit.

A lot of people when they go to a new workplace start out by doing something that says 'up yours' to everyone to let them know the kind of person they are.

And he got fired for it.

Maybe he was saying he was an independent person and not worried about racial issues or PC bullshit.

A lot of people when they go to a new workplace start out by doing something that says 'up yours' to everyone to let them know the kind of person they are.

And he got fired for it.
I do think there was a statement in that gesture, but the problem isn't with him. Time for blacks to stop being"offended" by everything under the sun.

MAJOR eye roll!!!!

What happens if you bring fried chicken? Firing squad?

Forum List

Back