Fireman Fired for bringing Watermelon to work.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Detroit firefighter fired for bringing watermelon to station

DETROIT (WJBK) - Fired before he officially started.

Last Monday, 41-year-old Robert Pattison went to introduce himself to his fellow firefighters at Engine 55 at Joy and Southfield in Detroit.

Second Battallion Chief Shawn McCarty calls it a tradition for firefighters.

"It's not mandatory, it's voluntary," he said. "You come in bearing gifts. The usual gift is doughnuts but you are allowed to bring whatever you want to bring in."

And Pattison, a probationary firefighter, decided to bring a watermelon wrapped in a pink ribbon.

We're told some African-American firefighters were instantly offended since 90 percent of the people who work at Engine 55 are black.

"When you get your first detail at a firehouse you pretty much know what you are getting yourself into," said Patrick Trout. "So you would have to say it was probably a bad call."

FOX 2: "Is it racially insensitive to bring a watermelon into a fire house?"

"To some people," McCarty said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So..white guys cannot like/eat watermelon cuz it's a racist fruit?

MAJOR eye roll!!!!

I knew a guy that got fired over a watermelon. He was manager of a Jiffy Lube next door to my office. On a brutally hot day, he bought an iced watermelon from a guy selling them off a truck. He told the guys to take a break and cool off with the icy watermelon. The black guy refused. A couple of days later, the district supervisor came down and told him that his public display of watermelon in the presence of a black coworker would not be tolerated and he was canned. On the spot.

What's next? Taking fried chicken to a picnic and blacks are around?

This is getting ridiculous.

If he brought fried chicken he would be in jail

upload_2017-10-7_20-42-10.jpeg

Next time bring some fried rocky mountain oysters and beer.

Can't go wrong with good ol' country cookin'.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Hmm...interesting. I have always wondered about this stereotype.

Nope! Not true. Apparently some group love them some watermelon! 289% consumption based on population!
watermelon consumption.PNG

usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/usda/ers/89029/Table05.xls

Last Monday, 41-year-old Robert Pattison went to introduce himself to his fellow firefighters at Engine 55 at Joy and Southfield in Detroit.

"It's not mandatory, it's voluntary," he said. "You come in bearing gifts. The usual gift is doughnuts but you are allowed to bring whatever you want to bring in."

And Pattison, a probationary firefighter, decided to bring a watermelon wrapped in a pink ribbon.

We're told some African-American firefighters were instantly offended since 90 percent of the people who work at Engine 55 are black.

"When you get your first detail at a firehouse you pretty much know what you are getting yourself into," said Patrick Trout. "So you would have to say it was probably a bad call."

MAJOR eye roll!!!!

This the insanity of Political Correctness.

"So..white guys cannot like/eat watermelon cuz it's a racist fruit?"

Also bananas and trees are now racist and cause traumatic experiences.

upload_2017-10-8_3-17-39.png

upload_2017-10-8_3-18-11.png

Frat Retreat Ends Early after Students ‘Frightened’ by a Banana Peel

I knew a guy that got fired over a watermelon. He was manager of a Jiffy Lube next door to my office. On a brutally hot day, he bought an iced watermelon from a guy selling them off a truck. He told the guys to take a break and cool off with the icy watermelon. The black guy refused. A couple of days later, the district supervisor came down and told him that his public display of watermelon in the presence of a black coworker would not be tolerated and he was canned. On the spot.

"Jiffy Lube"

What is it or should I not ask? Things with lube are always um....well....
blushing.gif

View attachment 153190

Next time bring some fried rocky mountain oysters and beer.

Can't go wrong with good ol' country cookin'.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Pancakes are anytime food. Everyone loves pancakes.

When I was in Texas I was taken to The House of Pancakes or Pancake House or it was called something with House and Pancakes involved.

So I did not have a good happening in that place, I noticed something dark and curly just before I was going to have the pancake and I looked nearer and it was a pubic hair.

Not a good situation. My friend told the manager this and they said that I could have anything I wanted and we did not have to now pay and I decide no and no and so we left the establishment.

MAJOR eye roll!!!!

View attachment 153194

View attachment 153195

Dammit, Lucy! I won't be able to sleep tonight because I'd be dreaming about Killer Banana Peels all night and it's all your fault. What a bummer!

MAJOR eye roll!!!!

View attachment 153194

View attachment 153195

Dammit, Lucy! I won't be able to sleep tonight because I'd be dreaming about Killer Banana Peels all night and it's all your fault. What a bummer!

I pay you back for posting that double eyes picture in Introduction threads :badgrin:

I knew a black guy who was highly educated, married to a white woman, worked a professional white collar job, and lived in an all white suburban neighborhood.

I was talking to his wife one time about how white he acted. She told me that if they bought a watermelon at the store while grocery shopping. They would carry all of the sacks of groceries into the house. But he would send her back out to the car alone to bring in the watermelon. Because he didn't want the white neighbors to see him carrying a watermelon.

True story....... :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back