Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson - CBS News

Ben Goodwin of the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department confirmed to CBS Affiliate WTVF that the fire, which burned construction equipment at the future site of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, is being ruled as arson.

Opponents of a new Islamic center say they believe the mosque will be more than a place of prayer; they are afraid the 15-acre site that was once farmland will be turned into a terrorist training ground for Muslim militants bent on overthrowing the U.S. government.

"They are not a religion. They are a political, militaristic group," Bob Shelton, a 76-year-old retiree who lives in the area, told The Associated Press.

"No mosque in Murfreesboro. I don't want it. I don't want them here," Evy Summers said to WTVF. "Go start their own country overseas somewhere. This is a Christian country. It was based on Christianity."

This mosque was actually on a Daily Show segment last week, quite unfortunate to see. Hopefully this is not the start of something terrible.

You mean like the dozens of churches that are torched every couple years?

It is terrible every time it happens.

Sometimes I really wish I could go back to how I thought as a child. You never saw the hate in people.
ignoring that it exists is just as bad as those who try claim someone supports this just because they dont agree with them on another issue

mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture1898-mehrab.jpg

Sometimes I really wish I could go back to how I thought as a child. You never saw the hate in people.

You didn't see it because you were a child, not because it wasn't there.

We, as a country (and by that I mean party affiliation aside) need to recognize the difference between 'hate' and disagreement. I disagree with you, I don't 'hate' you. I don't 'hate' any human being - I hate the action.... Like I hate the action of those who burned down this mosque.

I have no doubt that, within a few posts, the droolers will be along to tar all 'conservatives' as mosque burning haters. That's the easy way to look at it - and that's a lot simpler than actually considering the real problems.

dozens?
link?

RETARD ALERT. I have been here since what 2004? In that time there have been dozens of churches set on fire nationally. No one much whined about it even though it was shown to be in a lot of cases to be anti religious.

One mosque gets lit on fire and we should all worry?

Ben Goodwin of the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department confirmed to CBS Affiliate WTVF that the fire, which burned construction equipment at the future site of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, is being ruled as arson.

Opponents of a new Islamic center say they believe the mosque will be more than a place of prayer; they are afraid the 15-acre site that was once farmland will be turned into a terrorist training ground for Muslim militants bent on overthrowing the U.S. government.

"They are not a religion. They are a political, militaristic group," Bob Shelton, a 76-year-old retiree who lives in the area, told The Associated Press.

"No mosque in Murfreesboro. I don't want it. I don't want them here," Evy Summers said to WTVF. "Go start their own country overseas somewhere. This is a Christian country. It was based on Christianity."

This mosque was actually on a Daily Show segment last week, quite unfortunate to see. Hopefully this is not the start of something terrible.

obama could have prevent this from happening, yet he still wants to go down that road of dividing the people of this country.

I wonder,
How many Mosque were torched when Bush was in office especially after 9/11?

We, as a country (and by that I mean party affiliation aside) need to recognize the difference between 'hate' and disagreement. I disagree with you, I don't 'hate' you. I don't 'hate' any human being - I hate the action.... Like I hate the action of those who burned down this mosque.

I have no doubt that, within a few posts, the droolers will be along to tar all 'conservatives' as mosque burning haters. That's the easy way to look at it - and that's a lot simpler than actually considering the real problems.

How can anyone be so sure what group did this, and for what reason they did it? Certain things have been done by the group that was attack just to get shit started. Remember it's a bad thing to let a good crisis go to waste.

I recently predicted an attack at a mosque construction site but had the wrong city. Had I known one was being built in Tenn I definitely would have pointed out it was going to happen. Fucking bush bending rednecks truly believe the dumbass rhetoric put out trying to connect islam to 9E.

Isn't it strange how the world's largest Christian church gets busted putting out a global order to not report child sex abuse basically gets a free pass but islam is to blame for 9E. Fucking idiot Americans.

You and Ali Sina be sure to get caught in the next fire, eh?

These fires have been lit by muslims seeking proof of "Islamophobia" in the past, this most likely another invented hate crime by your believer friends .

Gotta link showing this or is it more of your fantasizing?

Suspect in mosque arson could be in country illegally
Suspect in mosque arson could be in country illegally | ajc.com

Georgia Mosque Set on Fire

Update: A Muslim, who attended the mosque is now being charged for burning the mosque. As much as Islamophobes would love to gloat about this, it really doesn’t let them off the hook when anti-Muslims bomb and vandalize mosques.
http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/07/georgia-mosque-set-on-fire/

Last edited:
I recently predicted an attack at a mosque construction site but had the wrong city. Had I known one was being built in Tenn I definitely would have pointed out it was going to happen. Fucking bush bending rednecks truly believe the dumbass rhetoric put out trying to connect islam to 9E.

Isn't it strange how the world's largest Christian church gets busted putting out a global order to not report child sex abuse basically gets a free pass but islam is to blame for 9E. Fucking idiot Americans.

Ya cause 9 years after the fact finally someone sought revenge? Dumb fuck, go ahead list for us all the Mosques and Muslims attacked right after 9/11, or for the last 9 years.

RETARD ALERT, RETARD ALERT.

obama could have prevent this from happening, yet he still wants to go down that road of dividing the people of this country.

I wonder,

really? the president can shut up the rightwingnut hate-mongerers who run around saying he's a muslim?

I wonder,

really? the president can shut up the rightwingnut hate-mongerers who run around saying he's a muslim?

He doesn't seem to have a problem motivating certain people. Bush asked the Americans not to blame all muslims for 9/11. All obama does is create a bigger divide by openning his mouth when it doesn't concern him.

Lol....you think you can pre-empt? Stoopid fucking bitches like you deserve to be gunny ass kissing reetawrds. It's not exaxtly a secret which group is most likely responsible and they aren't Conservatives you dumbass. There is nothing "Conservative" about a group of fear saturated Christian Right militant ideology that supports Nation building and using the government to enforce their own petty moral self righteousness onto the rest of society.

Forum List

Back