Finding a middle ground on the Bill Cosby allegations

A Perez

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015
Among the people who believe Bill Cosby is guilty of rape, I've seen nobody casts doubt on any of the alleged victims. Similarly, I've seen many people claim that all women are lying about Cosby raping them.

My position regarding this issue is unique:

Bill Cosby lost me the day he settled a rape-related lawsuit against him. Why would anyone settle a lawsuit if that person believes the charges are bogus and there's no evidence? So that's one woman I believe.

But I also believe that a lot of women are piggybacking on the success of that lawsuit, and the trend on recent years of lies told by some women (UVA hoax, Duke Lacross and other college rape accusations) leads me to dismiss the possibility that all of these women were raped by Bill Cosby.

Does anyone else share my view?

Among the people who believe Bill Cosby is guilty of rape, I've seen nobody casts doubt on any of the alleged victims. Similarly, those claiming that the women accusing Bill Cosby of rape are all liars.

Bill Cosby lost me the day he settled a rape-related lawsuit against him. Why would anyone settle a lawsuit if that person believes the charges are bogus and there's no evidence? So that's one woman I believe.

But I also believe that a lot of women are piggybacking on the success of that lawsuit, and the trend on recent years of lies told by some women (UVA hoax, Duke Lacross and other college rape accusations) leads me to dismiss the possibility that all of these women were raped by Bill Cosby.

I am ready to move on to Bill Clinton's crimes.

I never paid one bit of attention to Bill Cosby, nor did he ever have any bearing on my life.

Innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn't mean that people don't jump to conclusions when someone high profile is accused.

Among the people who believe Bill Cosby is guilty of rape, I've seen nobody casts doubt on any of the alleged victims. Similarly, I've seen many people claim that all women are lying about Cosby raping them.

Follow the money.

Forum List

Back