#FIGHTFOR15: The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area

A 30 hour work week.

A guaranteed basic income.

A lot more leisure time.

It's all coming, kids.

"I don't WANT more time with my kids, dammit!"

They've been saying that for over a HUNDRED YEARS, idiot!
No, a hundred years ago, we had 60+ hour, six day work weeks. And they never uttered a word about guaranteed basic income.

You're a liar and an idiot. Ever since the dawn of the age of automation, they have told us we'd be living like the Jetsons as a result of machines to do the work FOR us. I'm still waiting for it. Machines have taken a lot of jobs but we are still working just as hard. Americans are one of the most overworked and underpaid people in the world! Especially if you live in the North.
We are not working anywhere near as hard as we did one hundred years ago. Thanks to machines/automation. We are more PRODUCTIVE, but we are certainly not working harder.

For instance, a hundred years go, it took more than 50 percent of Americans to produce our food. And farming was back-breaking, difficult work.

Today, it takes less than 2 percent of Americans to feed not only ourselves, but a good chunk of the world! All due entirely to technological advancements.

I am starting to become accustomed to the massive ignorance of you rubes. That bothers me.
Your a dumbass.

Happened in Detroit decades ago. Plenty of American IT workers too.

You have no idea "what happened in Detroit decades ago"....leftist trash like you doesn't know anything but will lie about everything. Here's a tip, shitbag.....your hero LBJ killed Detroit when he put the negroes in projects/prisons and kicked the husband out of the family. And the UAW protected drug addicts who showed up in the auto plants drunk, stoned, and intent on sabotaging the assembly line for $80K a year. So now GM, Chrysler, and city have all gone bankrupt...that's the outcome your ilk always brings....cheat, lie, embezzle, and then laugh at the folks trying to clean up your mess.

You have no idea "what happened in Detroit decades ago"....leftist trash like you doesn't know anything but will lie about everything. Here's a tip, shitbag.....your hero LBJ killed Detroit when he put the negroes in projects/prisons and kicked the husband out of the family. And the UAW protected drug addicts who showed up in the assembly plants drunk, stoned, and intent on sabotaging the assembly line for $80K a year. So now GM, Chrysler, and city have all gone bankrupt...that's the outcome your ilk always brings....cheat, lie, embezzle, and then laugh at the folks trying to clean up your mess.
Was straight murder and rape.

You have no idea "what happened in Detroit decades ago"....leftist trash like you doesn't know anything but will lie about everything. Here's a tip, shitbag.....your hero LBJ killed Detroit when he put the negroes in projects/prisons and kicked the husband out of the family. And the UAW protected drug addicts who showed up in the assembly plants drunk, stoned, and intent on sabotaging the assembly line for $80K a year. So now GM, Chrysler, and city have all gone bankrupt...that's the outcome your ilk always brings....cheat, lie, embezzle, and then laugh at the folks trying to clean up your mess.
Was straight murder and rape.

I grew up on the west side of Detroit....Hell of a city until the riot in the summer of '67....over 2,000 buildings burned down with cops tossing dead Black Panther arsonists and snipers in the river where they belonged. I guess they figured whitey would rush in and rebuild it all....never happened. So they just walked past the blood stains on the sidewalks and burned out stores like nothing had ever happened. Who wouldn't be a "racist" when you see the fury in their eyes when they look at you?

No, a hundred years ago, we had 60+ hour, six day work weeks. And they never uttered a word about guaranteed basic income.

You're a liar and an idiot. Ever since the dawn of the age of automation, they have told us we'd be living like the Jetsons as a result of machines to do the work FOR us. I'm still waiting for it. Machines have taken a lot of jobs but we are still working just as hard. Americans are one of the most overworked and underpaid people in the world! Especially if you live in the North.
We are not working anywhere near as hard as we did one hundred years ago. Thanks to machines/automation. We are more PRODUCTIVE, but we are certainly not working harder.

For instance, a hundred years go, it took more than 50 percent of Americans to produce our food. And farming was back-breaking, difficult work.

Today, it takes less than 2 percent of Americans to feed not only ourselves, but a good chunk of the world! All due entirely to technological advancements.

I am starting to become accustomed to the massive ignorance of you rubes. That bothers me.

NONE OF THAT'S THE POINT. The promises of industrialization and automation have been a great lie. They will never pay you a living wage just to sit home on your ass. They've simply found new ways for people to work. Many people I know today work overtime with both husband and wife holding down full time jobs just to make ends meet. They are on call all the time, carry a cellphone or beeper. Never really off the clock. Many can no longer afford to have large families if any family at all. When I was a kid, the father worked, the mother raised the family and that was that. Not any more.
America is not working 60+ hour, six day work weeks as we were a hundred years ago, and dying at 35 years of age, broken and crippled.

You continue to blast your ignorance in public.

Carry on. :lol:

It is so useless trying to carry on a conversation with an absolute fucking moron with a 6th grade mentality such as yourself. I NEVER SAID everyone was or wasn't working 60 hours a week (though a lot still do), I even CONCEDED THAT, but as irrelevant to the point I was making! And it was mainly due to a lack of worker's rights, not automation. But you simply cannot get past that one single broken topic of yours, ignoring everything else I said as apparently too far over your head or simply not supporting what YOU want to believe, all the while, as usual, telling me about how I "blast my ignorance" to others. Only on USMB do such dimwits pass themselves off as "intellectuals."

Someone once famously said something to the effect that idiots like you always drag them down to their level of stupidity then beat you over the head with their far-greater experience at imbecility. There's no point trying to have a discussion with you.

And as to dying at 35 years old, I think you'd find if you actually checked your facts genius that life expectancy was closer to 50 years a century ago---- you're only off by A THIRD. And they died mainly due to lack of medical knowledge and care and other limited understandings, not "broken and crippled." And not because of a lack of automation. A lot of it was lack of worker rights and also the KINDS of jobs that were needed in those days. Gee, what a fucking moron jackass. There was 5 minutes of my life wasted.
/——/ My grandparents worked 9-5 back in those days and lived into their 80s. And because of low taxation, my grandmothers were stay at home moms. They had comfortable middle class lives for the times.

Forum List

Back