Female Orgasms: What's Love Got To Do With It? Nothing.

The men in my life have always been happy with blow jobs. Any one else out there find the same?
I read a report once that said that men don't actually enjoy blow jobs as much as women think they do.
What? Where did THAT report come from the Feminist Man Hater Weekly?

The only way we can enjoy them MORE is if you girls have a flat spot on yer head to rest our beer.

The men in my life have always been happy with blow jobs. Any one else out there find the same?

In my life, with approximately 30 partners male and female, I've only climaxed from fellatio once. It feels good, and I enjoy it, just not as a complete sexual act. :)

Psychology Today has a very extensive article which pulls together a lot of research on female orgasms. They update this article regularly as the literature on the topic develops.There's no way I can summarize the entire article, so if you're very interested in the topic you'll be rewarded by reading the entire article on their website.

What I want to do is highlight what I believe are common misunderstandings of what's really going on and so I'm going to copy and paste some sections of article.

Clues for a reasonable adaptation hypothesis were readily available by the late 1960s, when The British Medical Journal published an exchange of letters about the muscular contractions and uterine suction associated with women's orgasm. In one letter, a doctor reported that a patient's uterine and vaginal contractions during sex with a sailor had pulled off his condom. Upon inspection, the condom was found in her cervical canal! The doctor concluded that female orgasms pull sperm closer to the egg as well.

Yet, it was only three years ago that two British biologists, Robin Baker and Mark Bellis, tested the so-called upsuck hypothesis. They were building upon ideas articulated by evolutionary biologist Robert Smith, who suggested that since women don't have orgasms every time out, female orgasm favors some sperm over others. Baker and Bellis sought to learn just how female orgasms might affect which of a lover's sperm is used to fertilize a woman's eggs.

They asked volunteers to keep track of the timing of their orgasms during sex, and, after copulation, to collect male ejaculates from vaginal flowback--a technical term denoting a distinct form of material that emerges from the vagina several hours after sex (scientists have devised a way to collect it). The team counted sperm from over 300 instances of human copulation.

They discovered that when a woman climaxes any time between a minute before to 45 minutes after her lover ejaculates, she retains significantly more sperm than she does after nonorgasmic sex. When her orgasm precedes her male's by more than a minute, or when she does not have an orgasm, little sperm is retained. Just as the doctors' letters suggested decades earlier, the team's results indicated that muscular contractions associated with orgasm pull sperm from the vagina to the cervix, where it's in better position to reach an egg.

Baker and Bellis proposed that by manipulating the occurrence and timing of orgasm--via subconscious processes--women influence the probability of conception. So while a man worries about a woman's satisfaction with him as a lover out of fear she will stray, orgasmic females may be up to something far more clever--deciding which partner will sire her children.
It's remarkable that the research subjects were committed enough to the experiment to be such meticulous recordkeepers. Here's a bit more:

It's important to note what did not correlate with female orgasm during sex. Degree of women s romantic attachment did not increase the frequency of orgasm! Nor did the sexual experience of either partner. Conventional wisdom holds that birth control and protection from disease up orgasm rates, since they allow women to feel more relaxed during intercourse. But no relationship emerged between female orgasm and the use of contraception.

Nor can the study results be explained by the possibility that the symmetrical males were dating especially uninhibited and orgasmic women. Their partners did not have more orgasms during foreplay or in other sexual activities. Male symmetry correlated with a high frequency of female orgasm only during copulation.

The findings support evolutionary psychologists' "good genes" hypothesis: Women have orgasm more often with their most symmetrical lovers, increasing the likelihood of conceiving these men's children.
Another interesting finding:

Here's the cruelest part of Thornhill and Gangestad's findings: The males who most inspire high-sperm-retention orgasmic responses from their sexual partners don't invest more in their relationships than do other men. Studies show that symmetrical men have the shortest courtships before having sexual intercourse with the women they date. They invest the least money and time in them. And they cheat on their mates more often than guys with less well-balanced bodies. So much for the beleaguered bonding hypothesis, which wants us to believe that women with investing, caring mates will have the most orgasms.

The women who took part in the study were no saints, either. They sometimes faked orgasm. Their fakery was not related to male symmetry. Faking, however, was more common among women who reported flirting with other men. Clearly earlier theories were not too far off the mark when they proposed that a man looks for cues of sexual satisfaction from his mate for reassurance about her fidelity. Faking orgasms might be the easiest way for the woman with many lovers to avoid the suspicions of her main partner.

Baker and Bellis found that when women do engage in infidelity, they retain less sperm from their main partners (their husbands, in many cases), and more often experience copulatory orgasms during their trysts, retaining semen from their secret lovers. Taken together, these findings suggest that female orgasm is less about bonding with nice guys than about careful, subconscious evaluation of their lovers' genetic endowment.​

What I noticed missing from this is mention of how women achieve orgasms. Generally women wont achieve orgasm from intercourse. Vagina is very tough and hearty with thick wall linings and desensitivity (which helps when babies are passing through there.) Instead of orgasming from intercourse women generally only orgasm from clittoral stimulation. So if you want a woman to reach orgasm during sex some male-female posiitons are best. Like 'female superior' with her on top so the man can massage her clittoris during intercourse, or she can masturbate whether with her hand or vibrator.

Also though are physiological indicators a woman has actually orgasmed (instead of faking it.) There's na involuntary blush response visible in the thighs and areas around her vulva which indicate orgasm has occured. If you know what to look for, you can spot the fakers. Although when women fake their orgasms, they're really only hurting themselves. If the guy isn't doing what you need, TELL US. We want you to feel good, can't do what works if we never know.

Forum List

Back