This Is Why Marriage Is Pointless

And yet I have been married for 31 years. To a Filipino , where the rate of divorce according to the navy was 70 percent in the first 5 years and another 60 percent the next 5 years. The Navy actively tried to stop military personnel from marrying Filipino's. Now granted part of that was because most of the troops were marrying for lust not love. I saw it first hand. Couples could not even talk to each other because they did not have a common language but were trying to get married.

The problem is not marriage the problem is immature dumb asses marrying for lust or other retarded reasons. Or giving up when it gets tough. Our society has been taught over the last 60 years that it is better to quit then to try. Our Grandparents and theirs before them did not give up when things got difficult, they talked about it, they worked on it and they stayed together.

Would say marriage is pointless nowadays because today it seems easier to get divorced than to get married.

I always figured that when a woman files for divorce she has already found or had someone else.

The problem is not marriage the problem is immature dumb asses marrying for lust or other retarded reasons. Or giving up when it gets tough. Our society has been taught over the last 60 years that it is better to quit then to try. Our Grandparents and theirs before them did not give up when things got difficult, they talked about it, they worked on it and they stayed together.
I agree. When people walk away and don't work on whatever problem is in their faces, then nothing changes. Nothing is ever fixed. And to me, when a couple disagrees on things, they should think about what is more important first before they walk away from each other or not, their relationship or whatever it is that they are disagreeing on. If they can't agree on something that means enough to them, then I guess that there is no reason for them to be together still, but that is for them to decide and only them.

I always figured that when a woman files for divorce she has already found or had someone else.
I disagree because the reason why my mom filed for divorce is because she was not going to put up with my dad's choice of actions any further and I do not blame her.

God bless you two and my mom always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. In my opinion, my mom should have divorced my dad sooner. To me, he is a word that I cant say who was given more chances than I think that he deserved.

Marriage is pointless because more and more people are in it more for the fun than the commitment. They are unwilling to fix the problems they face, rather blaming each other for them. The slightest bit of adversity tears their relationship apart. Marriage is pointless, because most of these people reach high but sink even lower. Love isn't even the object of marriage; the money, the pleasure, the stature, or even a welfare check--those are the things marriage is about these days. Such a sacred commitment has been thrown to the dogs. Women or men, they leap before they look, then they wind up regretting it. They fall for the outside without looking inside. Marriage is always about presumption, too.

This is why I have not sought romance myself, because my idea of marriage is more along the lines of what the old timers in my church and grandmother believed it to be; not what it has become. I don't think that if I tried to look for a woman, that she would be willing to be with me forever as I would be willing to be with her. Nobody will ever make such a commitment. Impatience rules the roost. "Till death do us part" has no meaning anymore. It is nothing but one lie, one miscue, a misunderstanding away from being destroyed.

Last edited:
Marriage is pointless because more and more people are in it more for the fun than the commitment. They are unwilling to fix the problems they face, rather blaming each other for them. The slightest bit of adversity tears their relationship apart. Marriage is pointless, because most of these people reach high but sink even lower. Love isn't even the object of marriage; the money, the pleasure, the stature, or even a welfare check, those are the things marriage is about these days. Such a sacred commitment has been thrown to the dogs. Women or men, they leap before they look, then they wind up regretting it. They fall for the outside without looking inside. Marriage is always about presumption, too.

This is why I have not sought romance myself, because my idea of marriage is more along the lines of what the old timers in my church and grandmother believed it to be; not what it has become. I don't think that if tried to look for a woman, that she would be willing to be with me forever. Nobody will ever make such a commitment. Till death do us part has no meaning anymore. It is nothing but one lie, one miscue, a misunderstanding away from being destroyed.

Is that why woman have in their profile they want to be married?

Married in 82 and still married, I married without the option of divorce, that means we worked through issues, knowing if this relationship failed, it would carry on to the next.

Marriage is pointless because more and more people are in it more for the fun than the commitment. They are unwilling to fix the problems they face, rather blaming each other for them. The slightest bit of adversity tears their relationship apart. Marriage is pointless, because most of these people reach high but sink even lower. Love isn't even the object of marriage; the money, the pleasure, the stature, or even a welfare check, those are the things marriage is about these days. Such a sacred commitment has been thrown to the dogs. Women or men, they leap before they look, then they wind up regretting it. They fall for the outside without looking inside. Marriage is always about presumption, too.

This is why I have not sought romance myself, because my idea of marriage is more along the lines of what the old timers in my church and grandmother believed it to be; not what it has become. I don't think that if tried to look for a woman, that she would be willing to be with me forever. Nobody will ever make such a commitment. Impatience rules the roost.Till death do us part has no meaning anymore. It is nothing but one lie, one miscue, a misunderstanding away from being destroyed.

Is that why woman have in their profile they want to be married?

Men or women. They look for marriage without ever considering who they will be married to. Romance is nothing but a fleeting emotion. Here one moment, gone the next. For example, magnets can attract anything, or, when the same poles meet, repel anything. Magnets and marriage have a lot in common.

Married in 82 and still married, I married without the option of divorce, that means we worked through issues, knowing if this relationship failed, it would carry on to the next.

And that's how it should be. Good for you.

I agree, I wish people would take marriage more seriously, and it's tough today, when only one of the two look at it as a life long commitment. Then you have those that settle for what they get.

Marriage is pointless because more and more people are in it more for the fun than the commitment. They are unwilling to fix the problems they face, rather blaming each other for them. The slightest bit of adversity tears their relationship apart. Marriage is pointless, because most of these people reach high but sink even lower. Love isn't even the object of marriage; the money, the pleasure, the stature, or even a welfare check--those are the things marriage is about these days. Such a sacred commitment has been thrown to the dogs. Women or men, they leap before they look, then they wind up regretting it. They fall for the outside without looking inside. Marriage is always about presumption, too.

This is why I have not sought romance myself, because my idea of marriage is more along the lines of what the old timers in my church and grandmother believed it to be; not what it has become. I don't think that if I tried to look for a woman, that she would be willing to be with me forever as I would be willing to be with her. Nobody will ever make such a commitment. Impatience rules the roost. "Till death do us part" has no meaning anymore. It is nothing but one lie, one miscue, a misunderstanding away from being destroyed.
If only more people looked at it the way that you do.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Wow, this was reported on my local fox station that most women admitted to having a backup husband in mind just in case the current marriage doesn't work out. Some went back to ex-boyfriends and for some it was coworkers.

I can understand this for both genders if you are dating but when you are married?

Uh-Oh, Survey Says Half Of Married Women Have A 'Backup Husband' In Mind

When you get married make sure you are making your commitment to God. Then no matter what happens you will never get a divorce because God hates divorce. You'll know you made the vow to him and you will keep it. Find a Christian wife that is fully committed to Christ and then she will have the incentive to keep her vow to God. That is what you should do. Here is the truth. The more you love Jesus? The more you will love your spouse no matter what they do or do not do. The less you love Jesus? The more focused you will be in expecting another person to make you "happy".. my 2 cents.

^^^ I don't mean to sound mean or anything like that, but if God hates divorce and I don't hold it against him of course if he does hate it, how does he feel about people like my mom who get divorced from people who do nothing but go against the Lord's word in more ways than one? My mom divorced my dad because he cheated on her left and right and because of something else that he continues to be guilty of still. I won't say what it is because it is too embarrassing.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

^^^ I don't mean to sound mean or anything like that, but if God hates divorce and I don't hold it against him of course if he does hate it, how does he feel about people like my mom who get divorced from people who do nothing but go against the Lord's word in more ways than one? My mom divorced my dad because he cheated on her left and right and because of something else that he continues to be guilty of still. I won't say what it is because it is too embarrassing.

Holly

I look at it like this:

God committed to making us--humanity. He has committed himself and his infinite power and wisdom to the watchcare over all of his creation until the end of the age. It is only fair that we emulate that kind of commitment through marriage.

When one cheats on the other, it is a betrayal of that sacred trust.

Holly

He makes allowances, in the case of violating the marriage bed, your mother did good.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Forum List

Back