Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Finds

The six-month election recount that turned former "Saturday Night Live" comedian Al Franken into a U.S. senator may have been decided by convicted felons who voted illegally in Minnesota's Twin Cities.

That's the finding of an 18-month study conducted by Minnesota Majority, a conservative watchdog group, which found that at least 341 convicted felons in largely Democratic Minneapolis-St. Paul voted illegally in the 2008 Senate race between Franken, a Democrat, and his Republican opponent, then-incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman.

The final recount vote in the race, determined six months after Election Day, showed Franken beat Coleman by 312 votes -- fewer votes than the number of felons whose illegal ballots were counted, according to Minnesota Majority's newly released study, which matched publicly available conviction lists with voting records.

Furthermore, the report charges that efforts to get state and federal authorities to act on its findings have been "stonewalled."

"We aren't trying to change the result of the last election. That legally can't be done," said Dan McGrath, Minnesota Majority's executive director. "We are just trying to make sure the integrity of the next election isn't compromised."

watch TM have a conniption fit.

So now all you have to prove is that 312 out of 341 (91%) ended up voting for Franken

Good luck
That'll be fun to watch. :lol:

I have been saying all along that Election was a complete fraud. Franken should not be serving in our Senate. He did not win that Election. All those magical & mysterious votes suddenly appearing? How convenient. What a scam.

"What we did this time is irrefutable," McGrath said. "We took the voting lists and matched them with conviction lists and then went back to the records and found the roster lists, where voters sign in before walking to the voting booth, and matched them by hand.

"The only way we can be wrong is if someone with the same first, middle and last names, same year of birth as the felon, and living in the same community, has voted. And that isn't very likely."

and you would be correct. demonRats are frauds. liars and election cheats. no doubts about it.

I don't know about this.... I mean...let's be brutally honest here....

How many convicted felons would vote for this????

full.jpg

That is who saying that?

A biased ass con yoyu fool.

Not one shred of evidence is given here but some scumballs word.

There are court documents to proove the repbulcan party cheats repeatedly and you pretend they dont exsist.

You are one truely shitty American

Oh good...here we go with court documents again....yawn...

I'm off to find a subject that isn't tainted with TM's rant

I know you hate court documented evidence.

Its just too much for your idiot ideas to proove false.

I have been saying all along that Election was a complete fraud. Franken should not be serving in our Senate. He did not win that Election. All those magical & mysterious votes suddenly appearing? How convenient. What a scam.

"What we did this time is irrefutable," McGrath said. "We took the voting lists and matched them with conviction lists and then went back to the records and found the roster lists, where voters sign in before walking to the voting booth, and matched them by hand.

"The only way we can be wrong is if someone with the same first, middle and last names, same year of birth as the felon, and living in the same community, has voted. And that isn't very likely."

and you would be correct. demonRats are frauds. liars and election cheats. no doubts about it.

I can't find in the study where it states how many felons voted for Franken, versys how many voted for his opponent. Can you please point that out to me?

That’s the finding of an 18-month study conducted by Minnesota Majority, a conservative watchdog group, which found that at least 341 convicted felons in largely Democratic Minneapolis-St. Paul voted illegally in the 2008 Senate race between Franken, a Democrat, and his Republican opponent, then-incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman.

You and your fellow hacks keep refusing the evidence that shows the republicans have cheated in elections for decades.

I can't find in the study where it states how many felons voted for Franken, versys how many voted for his opponent. Can you please point that out to me?

That’s the finding of an 18-month study conducted by Minnesota Majority, a conservative watchdog group, which found that at least 341 convicted felons in largely Democratic Minneapolis-St. Paul voted illegally in the 2008 Senate race between Franken, a Democrat, and his Republican opponent, then-incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman.

They are lying sacks of shit.

A "Conservative" group finds that felons "may" have put the Liberal Franken over the top. Without offering any evidence. For Franken to have won the way he had with the felons, he would of had to win 91% of the felon vote or so.

Also, they say state officials are stonewalling them.

The Governor of Minniesota is a Republican.

Of course, Minnesota Majority with a little research is shown to not be a real Conservative group.

Marriage and Family

The marital union also provides the best conditions for raising children: namely, the stable, loving relationship of a mother and father present only in marriage. The state rightly recognizes this relationship as a public institution in its laws because the relationship makes a unique and essential contribution to the common good.

When marriage is redefined so as to make other relationships equivalent to it, the institution of marriage is devalued and further weakened. The weakening of this basic institution at all levels and by various forces has already exacted too high a social cost.

Moral Decency

Let me know when a real study comes out, not some sham by some Christian Republicans pretending to be Conservative.

The main question that needs to be answered is did any felon's vote in that election? If they did then there should be another vote. And if this happens and Franken loses any vote thaty he did whils as a sentor should be thrown out.

Last edited:

:lol::lol::lol:

And you take his word without any evidence BECAUSE????????????

Conversely, the felon voters COULD have helped to more than double Franken's margin of victory. I was simply trying to figure out where THAT part of the story was....asshole.
You're free to create your own article with your own title and own conclusions...

This article didn't say it proves anything other than a stitistical possibility, with the main emphasis on fixing the system for the future...

Asshole....

So, then you agree that this is a bullshit opinion piece and NOT news.
No, the article is genuine and factually correct...

Thanks....asshole. What else should anyone have expected from FauxNews, right?

Does it ever hurt to be such a fucking leftist hack?

And you take his word without any evidence BECAUSE????????????

prove him wrong douchenozzle

Once he prsents some kind of evidence no one has to prove him wrong huh?

Until then its just bullshit talk huh?

it is my understanding that every one of those felons voted for Coleman.....how would that have changed the election?

Forum List

Back