Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Finds

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The six-month election recount that turned former "Saturday Night Live" comedian Al Franken into a U.S. senator may have been decided by convicted felons who voted illegally in Minnesota's Twin Cities.

That's the finding of an 18-month study conducted by Minnesota Majority, a conservative watchdog group, which found that at least 341 convicted felons in largely Democratic Minneapolis-St. Paul voted illegally in the 2008 Senate race between Franken, a Democrat, and his Republican opponent, then-incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman.

The final recount vote in the race, determined six months after Election Day, showed Franken beat Coleman by 312 votes -- fewer votes than the number of felons whose illegal ballots were counted, according to Minnesota Majority's newly released study, which matched publicly available conviction lists with voting records.

Furthermore, the report charges that efforts to get state and federal authorities to act on its findings have been "stonewalled."

"We aren't trying to change the result of the last election. That legally can't be done," said Dan McGrath, Minnesota Majority's executive director. "We are just trying to make sure the integrity of the next election isn't compromised."

FOXNews.com - Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Finds

watch TM have a conniption fit.

I have been saying all along that Election was a complete fraud. Franken should not be serving in our Senate. He did not win that Election. All those magical & mysterious votes suddenly appearing? How convenient. What a scam.

I can't find in the study where it states how many felons voted for Franken, versys how many voted for his opponent. Can you please point that out to me?

About Us

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

a bunch of political hacks

minnesota majority did this "study" they are a hack right woing group.

This study means nothing

Last edited:
A washed up unfunny comedienne serving as a U.S. Senator really does say it all about our nation at this point. And people wonder why our nation is so f*cked up? That buffoon did not win that Election anyway. A real rig-job for sure.

Republican response: Big surprise there... LOL

Democrat response: "As long as it helps our candidates it doesn't matter"

Because you wish it so huh?

How about all the court documented evidence that shows clearly the republicans cheat repeatedly in elections?

Because you wish it so huh?

How about all the court documented evidence that shows clearly the republicans cheat repeatedly in elections?

Which is matched by plenty of evidence of democratic cheating in elections.

Simplest thing to do is for the group that did the study to relase its source information.

Al kicked that ass fair and square. But please republiklans don't stop your crying and whining.

I can't find in the study where it states how many felons voted for Franken, versys how many voted for his opponent. Can you please point that out to me?

It doesn't. It's pure speculation that those voters would have mostly voted for Franken over Coleman, but one way or the other, it can't be proved. The state should just take better care in the future to make sure the voting laws are followed.

Al kicked that ass fair and square. But please republiklans don't stop your crying and whining.

I would hardly call winning by 300 votes out of millions cast an "ass kicking." Regardless, Franken won the election. People need to deal with it and move on.

The six-month election recount that turned former "Saturday Night Live" comedian Al Franken into a U.S. senator may have been decided by convicted felons who voted illegally in Minnesota's Twin Cities.

That's the finding of an 18-month study conducted by Minnesota Majority, a conservative watchdog group, which found that at least 341 convicted felons in largely Democratic Minneapolis-St. Paul voted illegally in the 2008 Senate race between Franken, a Democrat, and his Republican opponent, then-incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman.

The final recount vote in the race, determined six months after Election Day, showed Franken beat Coleman by 312 votes -- fewer votes than the number of felons whose illegal ballots were counted, according to Minnesota Majority's newly released study, which matched publicly available conviction lists with voting records.

Furthermore, the report charges that efforts to get state and federal authorities to act on its findings have been "stonewalled."

"We aren't trying to change the result of the last election. That legally can't be done," said Dan McGrath, Minnesota Majority's executive director. "We are just trying to make sure the integrity of the next election isn't compromised."

watch TM have a conniption fit.

So now all you have to prove is that 312 out of 341 (91%) ended up voting for Franken

Good luck

Just another sad case of "Community Organizer" Democrats busing in their Illegals and Felons to push their Democrat over the top. Democrats have done this many times before. Franken did not win that Election. Just another Community Organizer scam in the end.

Last edited:

Perhaps you missed the word "May" in the title....

Reading Is Fundimental

Which has WHAT to do with how many felons voted for the GOP candidate? Apparently, comprehension, unlike reading, is NOT fundamental to some people....

It doesn't. It's pure speculation that those voters would have mostly voted for Franken over Coleman, but one way or the other, it can't be proved. The state should just take better care in the future to make sure the voting laws are followed.

So.....this is news, HOW?

Forum List

Back