Fellow libertarians....

Thanks for the laugh!!!! I'm sure you will say the same thing in 2016 as well, you people aren't thinking ANYTHING about Libertarians. All you will do is gin up manic hysteria about "the only chance" or the most "important election in our lifetime" shit solely to manipulate people into voting for another civil liberties loathing set of neocons. Obama and his crew aren't any better, actually both of them are pretty much the SAME with a few little differences. Just look at ryan's voting record and compare them to Obala or biden's on those very issues and you will see only MINOR differences on some of them.

Can't argue with the facts in your post, but I think he meant that Romney is the only chance to defeat Obama, which you must agree is true.

I agree, that is true. Sad but true, but what is the real big difference between the two of them?

Businesses trust Romney more than Obama. The day after Romney gets elected (assuming he does), businesses will begin to rebuild the economy. Just knowing that Obama will be gone will give them the courage to take risks again.

Also, Romney will continue to waste money in the tradition of Bush which would be less than Obama. I liken it to Obama driving a bus with us as the passengers full speed toward a cliff, and if we change drivers to Romney he will drive slower toward the cliff. I'd like to see us make it to 2016 and then find out what our choices are.

Hmmm...other than that there isn't a whole lot of difference.

Thanks for the laugh!!!! I'm sure you will say the same thing in 2016 as well, you people aren't thinking ANYTHING about Libertarians. All you will do is gin up manic hysteria about "the only chance" or the most "important election in our lifetime" shit solely to manipulate people into voting for another civil liberties loathing set of neocons. Obama and his crew aren't any better, actually both of them are pretty much the SAME with a few little differences. Just look at ryan's voting record and compare them to Obala or biden's on those very issues and you will see only MINOR differences on some of them.

Can't argue with the facts in your post, but I think he meant that Romney is the only chance to defeat Obama, which you must agree is true.
No... I do not agree that to be true. If the republican party via Willard Romney stepped down and promoted Ron as their candidate.. Ron wins. By a landslide.

That doesn't deserve a response other than this.

No... I do not agree that to be true. If the republican party via Willard Romney stepped down and promoted Ron as their candidate.. Ron wins. By a landslide.

That doesn't deserve a response other than this.
Yeah... I know... Republican leadership isn't that smart. Or... Stupid. It would actually be both smart and stupid at the same time considering Ron really isn't a republican.

...does the Paul Ryan VP choice change your mind on Romney at all? I am still voting for Johnson I think due to the lack of catering to my beliefs. Unless Romney announces if elected he will appoint ron paul as treasury secretary the chances of me voting for him are zero.

Furthermore, will you be writing in ron paul or voting for gary johnson? Since Johnson is not quite as libertarian as ron paul (and his ideas on border security are a bit too lax imo) but he is actually on the list of runners, I will probably just vote for him instead of writing in ron paul. What are your thoughts?

if you are a libertarian who feels Ron Paul is a libertarian you are actually a tea bagger. Sorry, but despite his being mislabelled as libertarian Ron Paul only supports gun rights. He is about as libertarian as Obama or Romney is.

...does the Paul Ryan VP choice change your mind on Romney at all? I am still voting for Johnson I think due to the lack of catering to my beliefs. Unless Romney announces if elected he will appoint ron paul as treasury secretary the chances of me voting for him are zero.

Furthermore, will you be writing in ron paul or voting for gary johnson? Since Johnson is not quite as libertarian as ron paul (and his ideas on border security are a bit too lax imo) but he is actually on the list of runners, I will probably just vote for him instead of writing in ron paul. What are your thoughts?

if you are a libertarian who feels Ron Paul is a libertarian you are actually a tea bagger. Sorry, but despite his being mislabelled as libertarian Ron Paul only supports gun rights. He is about as libertarian as Obama or Romney is.

Liberty is a tea bagger? You must have had his balls in your mouth.

ROFL... Um.... That suggests that you don't know what a libertarian is. Ron is about as Libertarian as you get...

Libertarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for all the kids coming in to tell the libertarians that that johnson can't win...NO SHIT. Romney and Obama are NOT different enough to us to warrant a dire "GET OBAMA OUT NO MATTER WHAT" moment. Sorry, Romney and Obama are the same to real libertarians and we don't care about the false choice...we care about principle and making noise on the cause for liberty. nothing else.

A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Obama. It's a simple as that.

We don't care. Obama and Romney are the same as far as we can tell.

A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Obama. It's a simple as that.
DeeDum.jpg

What differences there may be are, at best, at the margins.

for all the kids coming in to tell the libertarians that that johnson can't win...NO SHIT. Romney and Obama are NOT different enough to us to warrant a dire "GET OBAMA OUT NO MATTER WHAT" moment. Sorry, Romney and Obama are the same to real libertarians and we don't care about the false choice...we care about principle and making noise on the cause for liberty. nothing else.

Please. I love it when people think they get to choose who's a real libertarian and who isn't.

Last edited:

Please. I love it when people think they get to choose who's a real libertarian and who isn't.
I think, and Liberty can correct me if I'm wrong, that is a general phrase like "If you were a real man/woman." You know... Standing up for your convictions.

I mean if you say you are "pro-life" and then have an abortion because you were raped... Well... obviously something happened that you never thought would... But... Does that really make you pro-life? Looks like a pro-choice.

Actually I think Johnson is more libertarian then Ron Paul. The issue of guarding our borders is opposite of what I think you believe. The libertarian parties official stance is open borders, with the only exception of screening for foreign nationalists who pose credible threats.

Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders. However, we support control over the entry into our country of foreign nationals who pose a credible threat to security, health or property.

Platform | Libertarian Party

Like you though, I do agree with Ron Paul on this issue more then Johnson, but I will still most likely be voting for Johnson.

I think, and Liberty can correct me if I'm wrong, that is a general phrase like "If you were a real man/woman." You know... Standing up for your convictions.

I mean if you say you are "pro-life" and then have an abortion because you were raped... Well... obviously something happened that you never thought would... But... Does that really make you pro-life? Looks like a pro-choice.

That doesn't really work. Pro-Life is either/or whereas one doesn't have to follow a party's platform word for word to be a Libertarian. You are either pro-life or you're not.

That's not hypocrisy. I never said I believed in anything either Paul or Johnson represent. I've been listening to them for a long time. They are both lunatics.
I see people say that... But they really never say why.

It's because they don't know why. They believe in a stereotype they hear over and over.

Do Ron Paul and Gary Johnson believe that Iran is a peaceful nation? Do they support the legalization of drugs? Are they isolationist? Did Ron Paul not suggest that Letters of Marque should be used to deal with terrorism? I don't know that there is a stereotype of libertarian beliefs, but if there is, it was made by libertarians.

I see people say that... But they really never say why.

It's because they don't know why. They believe in a stereotype they hear over and over.

Do Ron Paul and Gary Johnson believe that Iran is a peaceful nation? Do they support the legalization of drugs? Are they isolationist? Did Ron Paul not suggest that Letters of Marque should be used to deal with terrorism? I don't know that there is a stereotype of libertarian beliefs, but if there is, it was made by libertarians.

In order: No, yes, no, maybe (i haven't heard that).

That doesn't really work. Pro-Life is either/or whereas one doesn't have to follow a party's platform word for word to be a Libertarian. You are either pro-life or you're not.
Piss on the party platform. Does the person you vote for promote libertarian values. That's all that matters.

Ron Paul is both a republican and a libertarian. If you were to vote for libertarian values, but HAD to vote republican as well (don't know why that would happen but) who would be the better option? Paul or Mitt?

I mean if you are a libertarian, then to show it, wouldn't it be common sense to vote for the more libertarian candidate?

If You are happy with Helping Obama win again go ahead and Vote Johnson.

There is no Doubt that Neither Romney or Obama are Perfect in the eyes of a Libertarian (which I believe I am to a point) but there is also No Doubt in my mind at least that Romney/Ryan will come closer to Libertarian Values than Obama/Biden in a second term.

Simple as that.

If You are happy with Helping Obama win again go ahead and Vote Johnson.
I'm completely fine with "helping Obama win again"

There is no Doubt that Neither Romney or Obama are Perfect in the eyes of a Libertarian (which I believe I am to a point) but there is also No Doubt in my mind at least that Romney/Ryan will come closer to Libertarian Values than Obama/Biden in a second term.

Simple as that.
We disagree on that.

Piss on the party platform. Does the person you vote for promote libertarian values. That's all that matters.

Ron Paul is both a republican and a libertarian. If you were to vote for libertarian values, but HAD to vote republican as well (don't know why that would happen but) who would be the better option? Paul or Mitt?

I mean if you are a libertarian, then to show it, wouldn't it be common sense to vote for the more libertarian candidate?

You forget, I was responding to a post from someone else who was trying to say a REAL Libertarian would do this or that. We have veered off the point.

Forum List

Back