Feds order Florida to halt ongoing push to remove ineligible voters from rolls

Sure a lot of people could be purged but hey, they GOP doesnt care. Let's add more hurdles to voting. And if people cant jump those hurdles, answer their mail etc their citizenship means diddly

More "hurdles" like requiring you to be a citizen and still living?

The judges who have looked at the consent decree have all desided to NOT remove the restrictions from the republican party.

They are always breaking them to eliminate voters who SHOULD be able to vote

The judges who have looked at the consent decree have all desided to NOT remove the restrictions from the republican party.

There are no "restrictions" on the Republican Party, dipshit.

There are no "restrictions" on the Republican Party, dipshit.

Precisely. I swear I'm laughing so damned hard right now...:lol:

Prove it, please.

Rick (hboats)

- 1638 people in Miami-Dade County were flagged by the state as “non-citizens” and sent letters informing them that they were ineligible to vote.

- Of that group, 359 people have subsquently provided the county with proof of citizenship.

- Another 26 people were identified as U.S. citizens directly by the county.

- The bulk of the remaining 1200 people have simply not responded yet to a letter sent to them by the Supervisor of Elections.

EXCLUSIVE: Florida Telling Hundreds Of Eligible Citizens That They Are Ineligible To Vote | ThinkProgress

So 1200 ineligable voters were taken off the rolls and no harm was done to those who were eligable.

Sure, unless of the 1200 anything else happened. I.E. Lost mail, unanswered mail, etc. What I see is that 21% of eligible voters almost lost the right to vote for no reason other than because Repubs felt like it.

Sure a lot of people could be purged but hey, they GOP doesnt care. Let's add more hurdles to voting. And if people cant jump those hurdles, answer their mail etc their citizenship means diddly

Or getting an ID to vote or responding to mailings....The more hurdles the better. If people cant jump 'em...fuck 'em :thumbs:

A large percent of those to be removed have responded that they are in fact citizens eligible to vote.

Prove it, please.

Rick (hboats)

It's in the link.

Supervisors, however, have loudly questioned the accuracy of the list, with one GOP supervisor going on Twitter to show the picture of a U.S. passport of one voter found on the list. Earlier this week two Democratic members of Congress held a press conference with a World War II veteran whose citizenship had been questioned.

Read more: Feds order Florida to halt ongoing push to remove ineligible voters from rolls | Fox News

Well, God forbid. Someone had his citizenship questioned and had to prove it. The world as we know it is coming to an end, and I'm sure his life was utterly and irrevocably ruined. :eusa_boohoo:

A large percent of those to be removed have responded that they are in fact citizens eligible to vote.

Prove it, please.

Rick (hboats)

World War II Vet Caught Up In Florida's Voter Purge Controversy : It's All Politics : NPR

A 91-year-old Florida man who won a Bronze star serving in World War II was told by the state of Florida he must prove he is a citizen or he will be removed from voter rolls, The Miami Herald reports.

Bill Internicola told The Miami Herald he was "flabbergasted" when he received a letter in the mail from the Broward Supervisor of Elections saying he must prove he is a citizen in order to vote.

Read more: Florida tells 91-year-old World War II veteran he must prove his citizenship to vote | Fox News

Why do conservatives constantly attack the rights of US citizens?

Prove it, please.

Rick (hboats)

It's in the link.

Supervisors, however, have loudly questioned the accuracy of the list, with one GOP supervisor going on Twitter to show the picture of a U.S. passport of one voter found on the list. Earlier this week two Democratic members of Congress held a press conference with a World War II veteran whose citizenship had been questioned.

Read more: Feds order Florida to halt ongoing push to remove ineligible voters from rolls | Fox News

I saw two people listed out of 2600 that have been shown to be citizens. I don't think that number qualifies as a large percent. Could you point out where the large percent is listed?

And why, for God's sake, is the possibility that someone might have his citizenship question seen as a reason to never even try to identify and remove ineligible voters from the rolls? I am missing where this is a big frigging hairy deal.

- 1638 people in Miami-Dade County were flagged by the state as “non-citizens” and sent letters informing them that they were ineligible to vote.

- Of that group, 359 people have subsquently provided the county with proof of citizenship.

- Another 26 people were identified as U.S. citizens directly by the county.

- The bulk of the remaining 1200 people have simply not responded yet to a letter sent to them by the Supervisor of Elections.

EXCLUSIVE: Florida Telling Hundreds Of Eligible Citizens That They Are Ineligible To Vote | ThinkProgress

So 1200 ineligable voters were taken off the rolls and no harm was done to those who were eligable.

Sure, unless of the 1200 anything else happened. I.E. Lost mail, unanswered mail, etc. What I see is that 21% of eligible voters almost lost the right to vote for no reason other than because Repubs felt like it.

What the Hell are you babbling about? Seems to me IF an eligible voter wants to remain such? They'd have interest in doing so despite your laundry list of excuses.

Or getting an ID to vote or responding to mailings....The more hurdles the better. If people cant jump 'em...fuck 'em :thumbs:

Responding to mailings?

Really Gracie?

Do tell?

Prove it, please.

Rick (hboats)

It's in the link.

Well, God forbid. Someone had his citizenship questioned and had to prove it. The world as we know it is coming to an end, and I'm sure his life was utterly and irrevocably ruined. :eusa_boohoo:

Much like Free speech..voting is a right. There is no Constitutional requirement for proof of citizenship.

Since when is one guy a large percentage in a Florida voter registration count?

What the Hell are you babbling about? Seems to me IF an eligible voter wants to remain such? They'd have interest in doing so despite your laundry list of excuses.

Yeah, like I said, being a citizen isnt enough...you make hurdles and people should jump 'em and if they get too high to jump. Your voting rights mean squat

Forum List

Back