Feds order Florida to halt ongoing push to remove ineligible voters from rolls

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Federal authorities are demanding that Florida halt its push to remove ineligible voters from the voter rolls.
In a move that comes just months before the state could play a pivotal role in the 2012 presidential election, the U.S. Department of Justice contends that the state is violating federal law in its effort to identify and remove ineligible voters.
The state's effort has already come under fire from local election supervisors who belong to both political parties, as well as Democratic members of Congress and voting rights groups.

Read more: Feds order Florida to halt ongoing push to remove ineligible voters from rolls | Fox News

Now can somone tell me why the Feds want ineligible voters left on the rolls?

Federal authorities are demanding that Florida halt its push to remove ineligible voters from the voter rolls.
In a move that comes just months before the state could play a pivotal role in the 2012 presidential election, the U.S. Department of Justice contends that the state is violating federal law in its effort to identify and remove ineligible voters.
The state's effort has already come under fire from local election supervisors who belong to both political parties, as well as Democratic members of Congress and voting rights groups.

Read more: Feds order Florida to halt ongoing push to remove ineligible voters from rolls | Fox News

They don't want eligible voters taken off the roles. A large percent of those to be removed have responded that they are in fact citizens eligible to vote.

A large percent of those to be removed have responded that they are in fact citizens eligible to vote.

Prove it, please.

Rick (hboats)

It's in the link.

Supervisors, however, have loudly questioned the accuracy of the list, with one GOP supervisor going on Twitter to show the picture of a U.S. passport of one voter found on the list. Earlier this week two Democratic members of Congress held a press conference with a World War II veteran whose citizenship had been questioned.

A large percent of those to be removed have responded that they are in fact citizens eligible to vote.

Prove it, please.

Rick (hboats)

It's in the link.

Supervisors, however, have loudly questioned the accuracy of the list, with one GOP supervisor going on Twitter to show the picture of a U.S. passport of one voter found on the list. Earlier this week two Democratic members of Congress held a press conference with a World War II veteran whose citizenship had been questioned.

I saw two people listed out of 2600 that have been shown to be citizens. I don't think that number qualifies as a large percent. Could you point out where the large percent is listed?

Prove it, please.

Rick (hboats)

It's in the link.

I saw two people listed out of 2600 that have been shown to be citizens. I don't think that number qualifies as a large percent. Could you point out where the large percent is listed?

Do you have a single concrete example of a "purged" voter who is confirmed to not be a citizen?

Why did you start another thread on this?

It's in the link.

Do you have a single concrete example of a "purged" voter who is confirmed to not be a citizen?

I didn't claim to know. You did. Are you saying you can't back up what you posted? Color me shocked. :eek:

I think Rick Scott should continue to tell the FEDS 'Fuck YOU'.

Prove it, please.

Rick (hboats)

- 1638 people in Miami-Dade County were flagged by the state as “non-citizens” and sent letters informing them that they were ineligible to vote.

- Of that group, 359 people have subsquently provided the county with proof of citizenship.

- Another 26 people were identified as U.S. citizens directly by the county.

- The bulk of the remaining 1200 people have simply not responded yet to a letter sent to them by the Supervisor of Elections.

EXCLUSIVE: Florida Telling Hundreds Of Eligible Citizens That They Are Ineligible To Vote | ThinkProgress

Why did you start another thread on this?

What i do and why is none of your fucking business! Moron.

A five year study by the Bush admin that shows no such problem exsisting

Forum List

Back