Feds (ICE) Raid 7-11 Stores in 17 States Looking for Illegal Aliens

Is this Federal pressure on employers of Illegals a good thing?

• Total voters
Have you noticed that the Swamp is being slowly Drained?
I've noticed more than a few Republicans throwing in the towel and giving up congressional seats

There is a wave of Republicans leaving Congress - CNNPolitics
"(CNN)House Republicans are announcing they're leaving office at a significantly faster rate than any other recent Congresses, suggesting Democrats could pick up seats in the 2018 midterm elections. On Tuesday it was Pennsylvania Republican Bill Shuster, the influential chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.

Already, at least 29 House Republicans have announced they are retiring, running for another office or resigning outright. They're leaving from all over the map, from southern New Jersey to southern New Mexico.
Democrats need to pick up 24 House seats to retake the majority from Republicans, who've had control of the House since 2011."

View attachment 171081

Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.

Are you advocating a violet over throw of the government just because the Democrats might take the House? You're one sick puppy!

Obviously not from my comment.

Would you care to explain the twisted logic that led to that stupid question?
Explain your traitorous allusions to insurrection.

The Treason is yours, with your plans to use imported Third World voters to end democratic government in this country.

YOu should really think about the cost if you succeed.

I've noticed more than a few Republicans throwing in the towel and giving up congressional seats

There is a wave of Republicans leaving Congress - CNNPolitics
"(CNN)House Republicans are announcing they're leaving office at a significantly faster rate than any other recent Congresses, suggesting Democrats could pick up seats in the 2018 midterm elections. On Tuesday it was Pennsylvania Republican Bill Shuster, the influential chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.

Already, at least 29 House Republicans have announced they are retiring, running for another office or resigning outright. They're leaving from all over the map, from southern New Jersey to southern New Mexico.
Democrats need to pick up 24 House seats to retake the majority from Republicans, who've had control of the House since 2011."

View attachment 171081

Are you advocating a violet over throw of the government just because the Democrats might take the House? You're one sick puppy!

The Treason is yours, with your plans to use imported Third World voters to end democratic government in this country.

Where did I say that? LIAR!

and just hearing on the news , FOX that the reasons for these arrests and raids is to send a message to employers . Next , some farms should be raided and people in the USA should see their produce prices rise a little or a LOT ,

Agreed. Though, really, actual migrant farm workers are not a major portion of the problem, and haven't been for a long time.

Lying to rest that line of argument, might be good though.
--------------------------------------- t want to get the all out of the USA . Likely that farm workers kids go to American schools , maybe get 'gov' services , imo .

"And under him, ICE has reportedly made nearly 40 percent more arrests."

Remember all those libs that said Trump would not do anything about illegals?

But Obama deported more illegals than any president before him. Hmmm...Is ICE, under Trump, mistakenly arresting people who are legal citizens and then having to let them go.
Just because you catch and release that isn't deporting shit, dumbass.

Your continued dodging is noted.

Should I take that as an admission you were one of those libs and now are dancing and deflection to avoid having to eat crow, now that your claims are revealed to be the words of a fool?

This is for you.

And this is for YOU:

Trump administration has deported fewer illegal Mexican immigrants than Obama, data show
Notice how the flamer doesn't tell all the truth? Misinformation is the propaganda machine of commies.
An ICE report concluded that the lower numbers were due to an overall decline in undocumented immigrants apprehended at the border – 17 percent less than 2016.
That is because there are less illegals trying to come to the US, but as the twisted fuck you are, you can only use 1 + 1 and end up with 3...[/quote]

Should I take that as an admission you were one of those libs and now are dancing and deflection to avoid having to eat crow, now that your claims are revealed to be the words of a fool?

This is for you.

And this is for YOU:

Trump administration has deported fewer illegal Mexican immigrants than Obama, data show

Haha...You Loons have no credibility...you never tell the whole truth.
Arrests of illegal wetbacks is up by more than 4,000 per month under the Trump admin. So many were arrested early on that immigration courts became backlogged. (thanks to road blocks created by Hussein Obeaner) The number being deported has slowed as the court system plays catch-up.

“Immigration courts have long been overburdened, with regular deportation cases taking up to two years to complete because of the volume of cases. The Trump administration has added to that backlog by arresting more people and cutting back on the Obama administration policy of allowing undocumented immigrants to be free on bond as they await their court hearings.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has dispatched 25 more immigration judges to detention centers along the southwest border with Mexico and wants to add more. The Justice Department's goal is to hire 50 immigration judges this year and 75 in the following year.”
Immigration arrests up, deportations down under Trump

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, US Federal (ICE) agents raided 7-11 stores in 17 states, looking for Illegal Aliens and demanding historical hiring documentation of the franchisees (owners).
How many illegals did they arrest in the 98 markets in which the raids were conducted? AFAIK, the answer is 21.
It's just a drop in the bucket and easily countered,

Um....21 arrests across 98 markets with a resource load of at least 475 ICE agents, assuming the staffing shown in the OP's photo is normal and accurate and only one team is needed per market. I think "waste of money" is a better term for what it was than is "drop in the bucket."
Will it last?
At that paltry rate of return, I sure hope not!​

The question below does not present a mutually exclusive pair of alternatives and there are other alternatives. They really should just be distinct questions, and I've responded to them as though they are.
Is this just the beginning, or is this an isolated burst of 'showmanship' as stimulus and prelude to negotiations in Congress?
I have no idea.
Is this just the beginning, or is this an isolated burst of 'showmanship' as stimulus and prelude to negotiations in Congress?
Likely so. Nearly everything Trump-related/-conceived is big on rhetoric and appearances yet thin on substance.​
Will this (and a few others?) be enough to scare-off many employers from hiring Illegal Aliens, or retaining them on-payroll moving forward?

I can't say. What I can say is that no firms or individuals I'm aware of -- not my own, not my clients' and not my firm's key competitors; my I, not my friends -- hire illegal immigrants and others who are ineligible for employment in the U.S.

AFAIK and in the main, to the extent that illegal immigrants obtain/have sources of incomes, they obtain them by working as self-employed individuals. They may do so as day laborers, odd-jobbers, landscapers/gardeners, housekeepers, etc., pretty much anything where being paid in cash is common and so-called job security is far from certain. Of such workers, their customers are under no obligation to determine whether they are illegal or illegal immigrants provided the nature of the business relationship they have is that of contractor and client, not that of employer and employee.

Um....21 arrests across 98 markets with a resource load of at least 475 ICE agents, assuming the staffing shown in the OP's photo is normal and accurate and only one team is needed per market. I think "waste of money" is a better term for what it was than is "drop in the bucket."

Weird, no Lefties ever complain about the amount of time and resources being spent protecting illegals and keeping illegals here....as soon as efforts begin to eradicate they scream “waste of money”.
Hmmm, kind of telling...no?

Last edited:
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, US Federal (ICE) agents raided 7-11 stores in 17 states, looking for Illegal Aliens and demanding historical hiring documentation of the franchisees (owners).
How many illegals did they arrest in the 98 markets in which the raids were conducted? AFAIK, the answer is 21.

Will it last?

The question below does not present a mutually exclusive pair of alternatives and there are other alternatives. They really should just be distinct questions, and I've responded to them as though they are.
I have no idea.
Likely so. Nearly everything Trump-related/-conceived is big on rhetoric and appearances yet thin on substance.​
Will this (and a few others?) be enough to scare-off many employers from hiring Illegal Aliens, or retaining them on-payroll moving forward?

I can't say. What I can say is that no firms or individuals I'm aware of -- not my own, not my clients' and not my firm's key competitors; my I, not my friends -- hire illegal immigrants and others who are ineligible for employment in the U.S.

AFAIK and in the main, to the extent that illegal immigrants obtain/have sources of incomes, they obtain them by working as self-employed individuals. They may do so as day laborers, odd-jobbers, landscapers/gardeners, housekeepers, etc., pretty much anything where being paid in cash is common and so-called job security is far from certain. Of such workers, their customers are under no obligation to determine whether they are illegal or illegal immigrants provided the nature of the business relationship they have is that of contractor and client, not that of employer and employee.

We just charge a few employers with big fines, and the rest will stop on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have very mixed feelings. In theory I'm for securing our borders. If I threw a party I wouldn't want just anyone crashing it. I also don't think we can provide needed services to citizens if we also have to provided those services to everyone on the planet.

I don't think illegals are taking jobs from Americans and do provide a reservoir of labor that many businesses depend on, especially in agriculture. Certainly any illegal who commits even a minor crime should be punished and booted out but I'd bet that most are just here to work and live the American dream. I also think we are getting the best these countries have to offer. A self selected group of people who are willing to take risks to work and raise a family, the type of people who built this country.

The reality is that these people are here and we must find a way to deal with them. Rounding up working people seems like a poor idea. If a family has proved they can support themselves without gov't assistance and can still pay taxes I'd say let them stay and work legally. If they serve in the military they can get citizenship, otherwise they will always be guests and can be booted out if need be.

There are some things I feel strongly about but this is not one of them, I just want to look at the situation from a practical and humanitarian view point.

Those stores now have jobs that need filling.

If they want to operate they will have to hire new people.

Do you think they would dare to hire more illegals? That is the type of action that gets you really fucked, if you end up in front of a judge.

Or will they hire an American?
That would be a great outcome but I fear it won't turn out to be so simple. I'd be happy to be wrong.

What outcome to you see as more likely?
I don't think they'll want to pay a wage an American will accept. I think the illegals will have to get more sophisticated in their paperwork. This will give the employers some plausible deniability. The long term solution is to automate the entire store so fewer workers are needed.

Is it that hard to imagine that a company can raise wages a couple of bucks a hour?
If there is a less costly alternative, yes. It may require more than a couple of bucks a hour to entice a citizen.

This is for you.

And this is for YOU:

1. How did that crow taste? Yummy? Did you learn anything from that?

2. Yeah, neither Obama, nor his corrupt administration are credible.

Where did I say that? LIAR!

You say it every time you support Third World Immigration and/or Identity Politics.

I note that you did not DENY, that that is your plan.

Were you afraid that I would make it my sig line, if you did, and people would be laughing at you for years?

Those stores now have jobs that need filling.

If they want to operate they will have to hire new people.

Do you think they would dare to hire more illegals? That is the type of action that gets you really fucked, if you end up in front of a judge.

Or will they hire an American?
That would be a great outcome but I fear it won't turn out to be so simple. I'd be happy to be wrong.

What outcome to you see as more likely?
I don't think they'll want to pay a wage an American will accept. I think the illegals will have to get more sophisticated in their paperwork. This will give the employers some plausible deniability. The long term solution is to automate the entire store so fewer workers are needed.

Is it that hard to imagine that a company can raise wages a couple of bucks a hour?
If there is a less costly alternative, yes. It may require more than a couple of bucks a hour to entice a citizen.

IF the government is doing their job, and fining the crap out of employers, illegals are no longer "less costly".

And there are plenty of struggling American citizens, to whom a couple bucks an hour MORE, would make quite a difference to.

Long term? Long term is a long time from now. I want jobs for Americans today. ALL THE JOBS.

Will it last?

I have no idea.

Weird, no Lefties ever complain about the amount of time and resources being spent protecting illegals and keeping illegals here....as soon as efforts begin to eradicate they scream “waste of money”.
If you truly think that of my principles and lines of argument, you haven't read them very much. The value proposition is something I mention a lot.

the value proposition of being bothered with him can be quantifiably be shown, with regard to their revenue streams and reputations, to be a positive one.
For the most part, Keurig sold its coffee systems to organizations who bought and installed them based on some sort of value proposition
It is absurd how much and what courses of action modern "red state" leaders, officials, organizations and apologists are willing to spend/undertake to mollify villainy that costs less to simply ignore.
Beyond the EBITDA cost-benefit calculus, there is also the fact that businesses are incented via the Section 179 election at federally and state levels to prefer capital investments over labor ones.
Jurisdictions clamoring for the "opportunity" to spend less rich folks' tax dollars to attract/subsidize rich folks building "whatever" in their locality when the fact of the matter is that the profit motive, that is, the value proposition of building "here" or "there" should be more than adequate for the investor(s) to choose one place over another.
The thing that so many folks overlook -- I don't really know why -- is that were the government run like a business, much that the government does would or would not be undertaken purely on the calculus of well crafted and logical value propositions, that is, based the empirical findings of a cost-benefit analysis. While I don't personally have a problem with that, I know that without a doubt that literally tens of millions, most especially the young, the old, the poorly educated and just plain poor would not fare well were strict cost-benefit based reasoning the discriminant for government decisions.
We know crime rates -- no matter the offense -- are not going to fall to zero; therefore prudence requires we use a cost-benefit model to evaluate the sagacity of taking action to apprehend various misdemeanants and felons.

The following two quotes are parts of a response I gave to the question of whether we can put a value on human life.
There are a variety of approaches to valuing a human life -- for instance, simple wage based approaches or behaviorally based ones -- and, as one might expect, which one is used in a given scenario, along with the discount rates chosen for the scenario, affects the cost-benefit estimates used in analyzing the scenario. For example, the OMB puts the value of a human life at something between $7M and $9M. Some methods put it at $1.5M or so. The EPA puts it at $9.1M. For the FDA, it's about $7.5M and for the Dept. of Transportation its around $6M. For each of the noted organizations, those are the upper limits, which is to say that the value they used is ostensible, that is, it's not the same value that's used (or implied) in every instance, even within a given organization.
The examples given here pertain to the government, but the government isn't the only organization that places a specific dollar value on human life. Life and health insurance companies do so too, and one can be sure their values differ from those the government uses. One thing, however, is certain: lay individuals put far more value on a human life than do the empiricists who calculate that value and provide it or use it as an input to policy makers. Be that as it may, do not assume that in secular society there is no upper limit on the value of a human life.

Businesses have only one motive for everything they do: overall profit maximization in accordance with the cost-benefit (risk) profile they find acceptable (worth it) to assume.
the federal government has very precisely defined the sum a locality must use in weighing the cost-benefit equation that heretofore has resulted in their being "sanctuary cities." Prior to Trump's now on hold edict regarding sanctuary cities, the cost part of that equation was more vague and a smaller sum than it now is.
Now I don't care what the heck he builds on the border. For me the question is whether there is a positive and material cost-benefit case for building anything more, and supplementing it with more personnel, mechanized surveillance, and support personnel, administration and infrastructure. I have yet to see any such cost-benefit analysis. Is there any that's credible?
The best we can do is enact laws and cultural mores that, by imposing austere penalties, establish a risk-and-reward and cost-benefit model whereby as many people as possible who might permit their murderous emotions to manifest themselves, are dissuaded from doing so. Implementing such laws and mores will not prevent individuals who for whatever reason disregard them.
Very little that I consider, and few of my conclusions don't accrue in large part from a cost-benefit analysis. My degrees are in economics and business and using the knowledge and skills I've obtained from those two disciplines is how I've made a very fine living for the past 30+ years. Indeed, among people who actually know me well (bearing in mind that nobody here knows me at all), my inveterately economically positivist stances lead them to chide my lack of emotionalism in much of my public policy stances. One instance of that has to do with my lack of compunction about quantifying the value of human life.

To wit, a material share of my view on gun rights/control has to do with the cost of gun-related deaths. Using even the lowest life value noted in one of the quotes above, one finds that the 33K people killed by guns cost at least $49.5B. Using the highest figure, it cost $297B, and that's without even accounting for the consequential losses that a murdered person's stakeholders (employers and children, for example) incur as a result of that person's demise.

I don't claim to be a Liberal or Conservative. I claim only to have the positions I do for the reasons I articulate. Period.

IF the government is doing their job, and fining the crap out of employers, illegals are no longer "less costly".

And there are plenty of struggling American citizens, to whom a couple bucks an hour MORE, would make quite a difference to.

Long term? Long term is a long time from now. I want jobs for Americans today. ALL THE JOBS.
I hear you but I'm not convinced it is a zero-sum game. Everyone living here, legally or not, creates jobs that support them: construction of houses, health care, transportation, etc. More people = more jobs.

But the Corrupt and Racist Democratic Party prefers illegal aliens over American citizens.
Use the word SOME and I might agree to some degree. But Republican business owners and farm owners love that cheap labor too. And everyone knows the GOP cares less about the common American folks than the Democrats do.

Actually Democrats call average mainstream Americans names like uneudcated, deplorable, nazis .....
The racist Aztlan Nationalist Democrats brag about making America part of Mexico.
People have a 100% right to complain about illegal immigration because it's bad for our country.

As I recall it was Trump who said he loved the poorly educated. But the deplorable Nazi label would fit those nut huggers who welcome the likes of David Duke, Bannon, and the RW Guru, Ronald (apartheid loving) Reagan. Yes, thats the same Reagan who allowed Latin American Drug cartels to sell drugs in the USA so he could raise money to help fight the communists in South America. So what would you call those nasty racist pigs,

The Democratic Party is fighting against racism, hate and violence…..well except for the racist Nation of Islam Democrats, racist Klan Democrats, racist La Raza Democrats, racist BLM Democrats, Muslim Brotherhood bigots, racist LULAC Democrats, CAIR bigots, racist Black Panther Democrats, racist Aztlan Nationalist Democrats, racist Affirmative Action advocate Democrats, racist Sanctuary City Democrats, violent Antifa bigots, and all of the nasty racist demagogue Democrat Politicians, Pundits, Entertainers and Athletes………well actually voting Democrat IS HATE

I hear you but I'm not convinced it is a zero-sum game. Everyone living here, legally or not, creates jobs that support them: construction of houses, health care, transportation, etc. More people = more jobs.

Perhaps not zero sum, but the illegals were not creating jobs where they came from, for some reason.

You never hear Mexico complaining that the people moving here are slowing their economy.

Mexico isn't the one building the wall to keep those job creators in their country.

They weren't "looking for illegal aliens". That falls into the category of fake news. No illegals were taken into custody. They were looking for evidence pertaining to falsifying employment records and illegal hiring practices fake social security numbers and related criminal activity.. Anybody object to that?

"And under him, ICE has reportedly made nearly 40 percent more arrests."

Remember all those libs that said Trump would not do anything about illegals?

But Obama deported more illegals than any president before him. Hmmm...Is ICE, under Trump, mistakenly arresting people who are legal citizens and then having to let them go.
Just because you catch and release that isn't deporting shit, dumbass.

Are you stupid or something. Perhaps it's a lack of reading comprehension thatmakes you and your supporters look like idiots.
What do you think i said that brought on your
Unprovoked Silliness? Read what I said again...this time take off your dark sunshades.

This is for you.

And this is for YOU:

Notice how the flamer doesn't tell all the truth? Misinformation is the propaganda machine of commies.
An ICE report concluded that the lower numbers were due to an overall decline in undocumented immigrants apprehended at the border – 17 percent less than 2016.
That is because there are less illegals trying to come to the US, but as the twisted fuck you are, you can only use 1 + 1 and end up with 3...
BWHAHAHA. Bottom line: if Obama deported
More illegals than Trump at this point in his presidency obviousy more arrests were made.. You're referring to Obama's 8th year where illegal immigration was already declini g. So yes, dumbass. ICE under Trump may have. increased arrests by 40% over the arrests by ICE in OBama's 8th year but Trump is way behind in matching arrests made by IcCE under Obama at the same time in his presidency.

Forum List

Back