Feds (ICE) Raid 7-11 Stores in 17 States Looking for Illegal Aliens

Is this Federal pressure on employers of Illegals a good thing?

• Total voters
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, US Federal (ICE) agents raided 7-11 stores in 17 states, looking for Illegal Aliens and demanding historical hiring documentation of the franchisees (owners).
I have very mixed feelings. In theory I'm for securing our borders. If I threw a party I wouldn't want just anyone crashing it. I also don't think we can provide needed services to citizens if we also have to provided those services to everyone on the planet.

I don't think illegals are taking jobs from Americans and do provide a reservoir of labor that many businesses depend on, especially in agriculture. Certainly any illegal who commits even a minor crime should be punished and booted out but I'd bet that most are just here to work and live the American dream. I also think we are getting the best these countries have to offer. A self selected group of people who are willing to take risks to work and raise a family, the type of people who built this country.

The reality is that these people are here and we must find a way to deal with them. Rounding up working people seems like a poor idea. If a family has proved they can support themselves without gov't assistance and can still pay taxes I'd say let them stay and work legally. If they serve in the military they can get citizenship, otherwise they will always be guests and can be booted out if need be.

There are some things I feel strongly about but this is not one of them, I just want to look at the situation from a practical and humanitarian view point.

But the Corrupt and Racist Democratic Party prefers illegal aliens over American citizens.
Use the word SOME and I might agree to some degree. But Republican business owners and farm owners love that cheap labor too. And everyone knows the GOP cares less about the common American folks than the Democrats do.
Have you noticed that the Swamp is being slowly Drained?
I've noticed more than a few Republicans throwing in the towel and giving up congressional seats

There is a wave of Republicans leaving Congress - CNNPolitics
"(CNN)House Republicans are announcing they're leaving office at a significantly faster rate than any other recent Congresses, suggesting Democrats could pick up seats in the 2018 midterm elections. On Tuesday it was Pennsylvania Republican Bill Shuster, the influential chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.

Already, at least 29 House Republicans have announced they are retiring, running for another office or resigning outright. They're leaving from all over the map, from southern New Jersey to southern New Mexico.
Democrats need to pick up 24 House seats to retake the majority from Republicans, who've had control of the House since 2011."

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 7.24.47 AM.png

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, US Federal (ICE) agents raided 7-11 stores in 17 states, looking for Illegal Aliens and demanding historical hiring documentation of the franchisees (owners).
I have very mixed feelings. In theory I'm for securing our borders. If I threw a party I wouldn't want just anyone crashing it. I also don't think we can provide needed services to citizens if we also have to provided those services to everyone on the planet.

I don't think illegals are taking jobs from Americans and do provide a reservoir of labor that many businesses depend on, especially in agriculture. Certainly any illegal who commits even a minor crime should be punished and booted out but I'd bet that most are just here to work and live the American dream. I also think we are getting the best these countries have to offer. A self selected group of people who are willing to take risks to work and raise a family, the type of people who built this country.

The reality is that these people are here and we must find a way to deal with them. Rounding up working people seems like a poor idea. If a family has proved they can support themselves without gov't assistance and can still pay taxes I'd say let them stay and work legally. If they serve in the military they can get citizenship, otherwise they will always be guests and can be booted out if need be.

There are some things I feel strongly about but this is not one of them, I just want to look at the situation from a practical and humanitarian view point.

Those stores now have jobs that need filling.

If they want to operate they will have to hire new people.

Do you think they would dare to hire more illegals? That is the type of action that gets you really fucked, if you end up in front of a judge.

Or will they hire an American?

WHat happened to targeting criminals and MS13!!! Oooh scary !

Taking out 7-11 employees ? What a waste of ins time . Are those the jobs we are bringing back to Americans?
-------------------------------- GET those illegal wherever they are , get them at the hospital , get them at church and weddings and while they 'siesta' and eat burritos Timmy .

and yeah , ms13 is being targeted Timmy but its good to get them ALL Timmy !!

and just hearing on the news , FOX that the reasons for these arrests and raids is to send a message to employers . Next , some farms should be raided and people in the USA should see their produce prices rise a little or a LOT ,

But the Corrupt and Racist Democratic Party prefers illegal aliens over American citizens.
Use the word SOME and I might agree to some degree. But Republican business owners and farm owners love that cheap labor too. And everyone knows the GOP cares less about the common American folks than the Democrats do.
I've noticed more than a few Republicans throwing in the towel and giving up congressional seats

"(CNN)House Republicans are announcing they're leaving office at a significantly faster rate than any other recent Congresses, suggesting Democrats could pick up seats in the 2018 midterm elections. On Tuesday it was Pennsylvania Republican Bill Shuster, the influential chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.

Already, at least 29 House Republicans have announced they are retiring, running for another office or resigning outright. They're leaving from all over the map, from southern New Jersey to southern New Mexico.
Democrats need to pick up 24 House seats to retake the majority from Republicans, who've had control of the House since 2011."

View attachment 171081

Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.

and just hearing on the news , FOX that the reasons for these arrests and raids is to send a message to employers . Next , some farms should be raided and people in the USA should see their produce prices rise a little or a LOT ,

Agreed. Though, really, actual migrant farm workers are not a major portion of the problem, and haven't been for a long time.

Lying to rest that line of argument, might be good though.

View attachment 171081

Are you advocating a violet over throw of the government just because the Democrats might take the House? You're one sick puppy!

Do you think they would dare to hire more illegals? That is the type of action that gets you really fucked, if you end up in front of a judge.

That would be a great outcome but I fear it won't turn out to be so simple. I'd be happy to be wrong.

"And under him, ICE has reportedly made nearly 40 percent more arrests."

Remember all those libs that said Trump would not do anything about illegals?

But Obama deported more illegals than any president before him. Hmmm...Is ICE, under Trump, mistakenly arresting people who are legal citizens and then having to let them go.

View attachment 171081

Are you advocating a violet over throw of the government just because the Democrats might take the House? You're one sick puppy!

Obviously not from my comment.

Would you care to explain the twisted logic that led to that stupid question?

That would be a great outcome but I fear it won't turn out to be so simple. I'd be happy to be wrong.

What outcome to you see as more likely?

But Obama deported more illegals than any president before him. Hmmm...Is ICE, under Trump, mistakenly arresting people who are legal citizens and then having to let them go.

Are you one of the stupid libs that said that Trump would not do anything about illegals?

Cause you responded to my question, but your response contained nothing that could be considered an answer.

Actually Democrats call average mainstream Americans names like uneudcated, deplorable, nazis .....
The racist Aztlan Nationalist Democrats brag about making America part of Mexico.
People have a 100% right to complain about illegal immigration because it's bad for our country.

As I recall it was Trump who said he loved the poorly educated. But the deplorable Nazi label would fit those nut huggers who welcome the likes of David Duke, Bannon, and the RW Guru, Ronald (apartheid loving) Reagan. Yes, thats the same Reagan who allowed Latin American Drug cartels to sell drugs in the USA so he could raise money to help fight the communists in South America. So what would you call those nasty racist pigs,

Last edited:

Are you one of the stupid libs that said that Trump would not do anything about illegals?

Cause you responded to my question, but your response contained nothing that could be considered an answer.

No... fire up that other brain cell and you might begin to understand that Obama did more about getting rid of illegals than Trump or anyone else.

I don't think they'll want to pay a wage an American will accept. I think the illegals will have to get more sophisticated in their paperwork. This will give the employers some plausible deniability. The long term solution is to automate the entire store so fewer workers are needed.

View attachment 171081

Obviously not from my comment.

Would you care to explain the twisted logic that led to that stupid question?
Explain your traitorous allusions to insurrection.

No... fire up that other brain cell and you might begin to understand that Obama did more about getting rid of illegals than Trump or anyone else.

Your continued dodging is noted.

Should I take that as an admission you were one of those libs and now are dancing and deflection to avoid having to eat crow, now that your claims are revealed to be the words of a fool?

This is for you.

stock-photo-eating-crow-or-a-variation-on-humble-pie-163190306.jpg

I don't think they'll want to pay a wage an American will accept. I think the illegals will have to get more sophisticated in their paperwork. This will give the employers some plausible deniability. The long term solution is to automate the entire store so fewer workers are needed.

Is it that hard to imagine that a company can raise wages a couple of bucks a hour?

Forum List

Back