Feds (ICE) Raid 7-11 Stores in 17 States Looking for Illegal Aliens

Is this Federal pressure on employers of Illegals a good thing?

• Total voters

Kondor3

Cafeteria Centrist
Jul 29, 2009
Illinois, USA
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, US Federal (ICE) agents raided 7-11 stores in 17 states, looking for Illegal Aliens and demanding historical hiring documentation of the franchisees (owners).

merlin_132102443_7ebbfceb-6bc5-4ba2-b44e-331c23753e38-master768.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/us/7-eleven-raids-ice.html

It would appear that the Trump Administration is becoming serious about flushing-out Illegals and punishing their employers.

It's just a drop in the bucket and easily countered, but it's a start.

Will it last?

Is this just the beginning, or is this an isolated burst of 'showmanship' as stimulus and prelude to negotiations in Congress?

Will this (and a few others?) be enough to scare-off many employers from hiring Illegal Aliens, or retaining them on-payroll moving forward?

Last edited:
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, US Federal (ICE) agents raided 7-11 stores in 17 states, looking for Illegal Aliens and demanding historical hiring documentation of the franchisees (owners).

merlin_132102443_7ebbfceb-6bc5-4ba2-b44e-331c23753e38-master768.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/us/7-eleven-raids-ice.html

It would appear that the Trump Administration is becoming serious about flushing-out Illegals and punishing their employers.

It's just a drop in the bucket and easily countered, but it's a start.

Will it last?

Is this just the beginning, or is this an isolated burst of 'showmanship' as stimulus and prelude to negotiations in Congress?

Will this (and a few others?) be enough to scare-off many employers from hiring Illegal Aliens, or retaining them on-payroll moving forward?
Not all 7 -11 have illegal Latinos running their stores. There are illegal Chinese and Indian aliens in the 7-11 and those should be sent packing also. If you are here legally welcome to the United States, if you are illegal, GET THE FUCK OUT.

How many illegals did they arrest in the 98 markets in which the raids were conducted? AFAIK, the answer is 21.
It's just a drop in the bucket and easily countered,

Um....21 arrests across 98 markets with a resource load of at least 475 ICE agents, assuming the staffing shown in the OP's photo is normal and accurate and only one team is needed per market. I think "waste of money" is a better term for what it was than is "drop in the bucket."
Will it last?
At that paltry rate of return, I sure hope not!​

The question below does not present a mutually exclusive pair of alternatives and there are other alternatives. They really should just be distinct questions, and I've responded to them as though they are.
I have no idea.
Likely so. Nearly everything Trump-related/-conceived is big on rhetoric and appearances yet thin on substance.​

I can't say. What I can say is that no firms or individuals I'm aware of -- not my own, not my clients' and not my firm's key competitors; my I, not my friends -- hire illegal immigrants and others who are ineligible for employment in the U.S.

AFAIK and in the main, to the extent that illegal immigrants obtain/have sources of incomes, they obtain them by working as self-employed individuals. They may do so as day laborers, odd-jobbers, landscapers/gardeners, housekeepers, etc., pretty much anything where being paid in cash is common and so-called job security is far from certain. Of such workers, their customers are under no obligation to determine whether they are illegal or illegal immigrants provided the nature of the business relationship they have is that of contractor and client, not that of employer and employee.

good to see , i saw HOMAN on tv this morning and arresting 21 and going after their employers is better than not arresting 21 Xelor .

How many illegals did they arrest in the 98 markets in which the raids were conducted? AFAIK, the answer is 21.

Um....21 arrests across 98 markets with a resource load of at least 475 ICE agents, assuming the staffing shown in the OP's photo is normal and accurate and only one team is needed per market. I think "waste of money" is a better term for what it was than is "drop in the bucket."
Will it last?

The question below does not present a mutually exclusive pair of alternatives and there are other alternatives. They really should just be distinct questions, and I've responded to them as though they are.
I have no idea.
Likely so. Nearly everything Trump-related/-conceived is big on rhetoric and appearances yet thin on substance.​

I can't say. What I can say is that no firms or individuals I'm aware of -- not my own, not my clients' and not my firm's key competitors; my I, not my friends -- hire illegal immigrants and others who are ineligible for employment in the U.S.

AFAIK and in the main, to the extent that illegal immigrants obtain/have sources of incomes, they obtain them by working as self-employed individuals. They may do so as day laborers, odd-jobbers, landscapers/gardeners, housekeepers, etc., pretty much anything where being paid in cash is common and so-called job security is far from certain. Of such workers, their customers are under no obligation to determine whether they are illegal or illegal immigrants provided the nature of the business relationship they have is that of contractor and client, not that of employer and employee.
What you don't realize, because liberals have the heads up Uranus, is that most illegal frequent OUTSIDE the 7-11's, and only a few work inside. You can bet the parking lots will be empty of those looking for the cheap labor and money under the table, and didn't you liberal want businesses punished for hiring illegals anyway? Nope your side wanted to keep illegals employed so it would keep wages down, thus keeping people in poverty. Real nice of the Democrats.

Will it last?

I have no idea.

What you don't realize, because liberals have the heads up Uranus, is that most illegal frequent OUTSIDE the 7-11's, and only a few work inside. You can bet the parking lots will be empty of those looking for the cheap labor and money under the table, and didn't you liberal want businesses punished for hiring illegals anyway? Nope your side wanted to keep illegals employed so it would keep wages down, thus keeping people in poverty. Real nice of the Democrats.
most illegal frequent OUTSIDE the 7-11's, and only a few work inside.
Insofar as out of raids conducted at 7-11s in 98 markets, only 21 illegals were arrested, it seems "most" isn't very many at all.

didn't you liberal want businesses punished for hiring illegals anyway?

I don't know.

The U.S. Code provisions that prohibit hiring illegals has the enactment and revision history shown below and I'm not going to take the time to analyze all of them to determine what bills included those provisions, what were the details of each change (some surely tightened and others loosened the laws) and what was the part affiliation of the representatives who voted for them. I am not going to do that because I don't care whether Democrats or Republicans predominantly favored or opposed the various pieces of legislation; I care only what the law is now and that it dissuades employers form hiring illegal aliens by imposing financial penalties for doing so.

HOMAN , Head of ICE and his people are doing good work . I hope that he , his people and TRUMP continue Xelor .

But the Corrupt and Racist Democratic Party prefers illegal aliens over American citizens.
Use the word SOME and I might agree to some degree. But Republican business owners and farm owners love that cheap labor too. And everyone knows the GOP cares less about the common American folks than the Democrats do.

But the Corrupt and Racist Democratic Party prefers illegal aliens over American citizens.
Use the word SOME and I might agree to some degree. But Republican business owners and farm owners love that cheap labor too. And everyone knows the GOP cares less about the common American folks than the Democrats do.
Have you noticed that the Swamp is being slowly Drained?

Will it last?

I have no idea.

:eusa_naughty:

WHat happened to targeting criminals and MS13!!! Oooh scary !

Taking out 7-11 employees ? What a waste of ins time . Are those the jobs we are bringing back to Americans?

Actually Democrats call average mainstream Americans names like uneudcated, deplorable, nazis .....
The racist Aztlan Nationalist Democrats brag about making America part of Mexico.
People have a 100% right to complain about illegal immigration because it's bad for our country.

Taking out 7-11 employees ? What a waste of ins time . Are those the jobs we are bringing back to Americans?
Illegal aliens ARE criminals you idiot.

They have been, but that doesn't give everyone else a pass.

And yes, these are some of the jobs we are bringing back to Americans.

Fuck the illegals.

ICE raids 7-Eleven stores nationwide in crackdown officials call 'a harbinger of what’s to come'

"
“Businesses that hire illegal workers are a pull factor for illegal immigration, and we are working hard to remove this magnet,” Homan said. “ICE will continue its efforts to protect jobs for American workers by eliminating unfair competitive advantages for companies that exploit illegal immigration.”

Derek N. Benner, another top ICE official, warned that Wednesday's raids were “a harbinger of what’s to come.”

“This is what we’re gearing up for this year and what you’re going to see more and more of is these large-scale compliance inspections, just for starters,” Benner, acting head of ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations, told The Associated Press. “From there, we will look at whether these cases warrant an administrative posture or criminal investigation.”

Benner said they’re not just targeting big companies. “It’s going to be inclusive of everything that we see out there,” he said.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents serve an employment audit notice at a 7-Eleven convenience store on Jan. 10, 2018, in Los Angeles. Chris Carlson / AP
In its own statement, 7-Eleven said it was aware of the ICE raids and stressed that each franchise is run by “independent business owners” who are “solely responsible for their employees, including deciding who to hire and verifying their eligibility to work in the United States.”

“7-Eleven takes compliance with immigration laws seriously and has terminated the franchise agreements of franchisees convicted of violating these laws,” the statement read.

Trump ran on a promise to crack down and deport undocumented workers. And under him, ICE has reportedly made nearly 40 percent more arrests."

THAT'S the type of shit that is going to have a big fucking effect. A couple dozens employERS get fucked and ALL employers will start reevaluating the cost benefit calculation of hiring illegals.

Glad to see it

Throw employers in jail just like you would the illegal worker

Once the jobs dry up....you don't need a wall

Or even better fine those companies 1000 dollars a day for every day an illegal alien was on their payrolls in the past 5 years.

targeting criminals
You do realize Timmy that those who cross our borders illegally are criminals, right? or did you not get past the 8th grade?[/quote]

Forum List

Back