Federally mandated Cameras for cops

They would need to hire too many replacement cops. From what I hear almost half of the cops are racist and joined primarily because the KKK is going out of business.

So we shouldn't put cameras on cops because then we would have to replace the ones causing problems? :confused-84::confused-84::confused-84:
I was being sarcastic about the part where they would need to hire too many replacements.

So.....we have some riots going on, we have story after story of cops being dicks when cameras are put on them and they dont seem to know it. So why not take a few billion, ( we don't need tanks so cut that out of the budget) and produce enough dash and body cameras for the police.
It would be an extremely easy fix and we wouldnt have brown cases popping up. Or is this just going to get a bunch of state right posts? We have no problem selling armored tanks to local small time Law enforcement, so why not give them some cameras?

No local law enforcement gets "tanks" They get APC's or armored cars.

Policing is a state level issue. If the feds wanted to require all federal police to have these things, they can do it.

Personally the more cameras on law enforcement the better, however it has to come from the state level.

So.....we have some riots going on, we have story after story of cops being dicks when cameras are put on them and they dont seem to know it. So why not take a few billion, ( we don't need tanks so cut that out of the budget) and produce enough dash and body cameras for the police.
It would be an extremely easy fix and we wouldnt have brown cases popping up. Or is this just going to get a bunch of state right posts? We have no problem selling armored tanks to local small time Law enforcement, so why not give them some cameras?

It's a sensible idea. My cousin, who is a cop, thinks it is an outstanding idea, because it also protects the cops.
exactly, which is why i think Obama should call on congress to act. Cut some aid to Israel and pay for it that way ;)
I can live with that, and so can Eretz Yisrael. :thup:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

You would have had me if it wasn't for the "federally mandated" shit. I'm sick and tired of people trying to give the federal government more power every time we identify a real problem or manufacture an imaginary one.

This can be done on the local level. If the people want Barney Fife wearing a camera, they should get it on the local ballot or make a lot of noise at the city council meetings and get it done.
i figured i'd run into a few people saying local level, but the local level doesnt seem to have the funds to buy these cameras. Armored personal carriers, Yes, but cameras no.
Do you see the issue here? Unless you think these small local towns getting these "tanks" are also an issue.

Look if one does it right and I think this should be on the local level by the way it protects the officer as well in a he said he said.

Well who didn't see this coming. figures there was a ulterior motive behind all this. MORE FEDERAL control over YOUR LIVES. wake up people

The Fascist are running the riots and our government

that is up to a STATE the fed can go to hell along with Obama, Sharpton and Holder
Watching that cops don't misbehave is fascism?

Wow, just wow.

You would have had me if it wasn't for the "federally mandated" shit. I'm sick and tired of people trying to give the federal government more power every time we identify a real problem or manufacture an imaginary one.

This can be done on the local level. If the people want Barney Fife wearing a camera, they should get it on the local ballot or make a lot of noise at the city council meetings and get it done.
i figured i'd run into a few people saying local level, but the local level doesnt seem to have the funds to buy these cameras. Armored personal carriers, Yes, but cameras no.
Do you see the issue here? Unless you think these small local towns getting these "tanks" are also an issue.

I do Plas. I've been in Current Events all summer with what little time I had on the board bitching about the equipment given to bozos in towns.

Policing is a state level issue. If the feds wanted to require all federal police to have these things, they can do it.

Personally the more cameras on law enforcement the better, however it has to come from the state level.
i just used "tanks" because i was being lazy...
So its a state issue but you have no problem when they use a federal program to get those APC's, helicopters and grenade launchers do you?

Well who didn't see this coming. figures there was a ulterior motive behind all this. MORE FEDERAL control over YOUR LIVES. wake up people

The Fascist are running the riots and our government

that is up to a STATE the fed can go to hell along with Obama, Sharpton and Holder
Watching that cops don't misbehave is fascism?

Wow, just wow.
I think she believes that officers are just citizens even while doing their jobs.

Look if one does it right and I think this should be on the local level by the way it protects the officer as well in a he said he said.
Why? We expect uniform standards of behavior from cops across our great Union. And federal laws don't stop at state borders. So why should cop body cams suddenly be a local decision? I bet that most police forces would find with time that such a measure would actually save on costs, especially court costs. And those cams would remove a lot of ambiguity.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

I think using cost savings as an excuse for expanding federal powers is as insidious as it gets.

So it is in Rialto, Calif., where an entire police force is wearing so-called body-mounted cameras, no bigger than pagers, that record everything that transpires between officers and citizens. In the first year after the cameras' introduction, the use of force by officers declined 60%, and citizen complaints against police fell 88%.

Given that body-worn cameras use components from the mobile industry, where prices are ground down by scale and competition, it's possible police forces will soon be able to come up with their own solutions, or use off-the shelf products such as Google Glass.

These are all reasons that Michael White, a professor of criminology at Arizona State University and, as the sole author of the Justice Department's report on police and body-mounted cameras, says the cameras, now a curiosity, could soon be ubiquitous.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/what-happens-when-police-officers-wear-body-cameras-1408320244

I think using cost savings as an excuse for expanding federal powers is as insidious as it gets.
im not sure how this would be expanding powers? It would just be giving local police money to buy the cameras and saying hey you need to wear these. Its a tad different from saying cops can come into your house without a warrant and arrest you for nothing.

im not sure how this would be expanding powers? It would just be giving local police money to buy the cameras and saying hey you need to wear these. Its a tad different from saying cops can come into your house without a warrant and arrest you for nothing.
You don't see how the federal government MANDATING THE USE OF BODY CAMERAS isn't an expansion of federal power? Really?

Jesus! You are proving my point about insidiousness! The federal government's tentacles have creeped so thoroughly into your psyche you don't even notice any more when they expand. Not only that, you actively seek them to have more power!

Not sure how this would be a federal power beyond the requirement that cops use cameras. There are already federal laws that cover police misconduct and I don't see how that has translated into some "power" that the fed has....

A mandate, by definition, takes away the right for someone to decide for themselves what is best for them.

Christ Almighty, I can't believe I actually have to explain this.

i just used "tanks" because i was being lazy...
So its a state issue but you have no problem when they use a federal program to get those APC's, helicopters and grenade launchers do you?

I don't think that's a bright idea either, and I am against the militarization of police when combined with the disarming of citizenry, however they are not tanks.

Words mean things.

Forum List

Back