Federal Workers plan walkout

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022
Federal workers upset with Joe Biden's support of the war in Gaza plan to walk off the job. It will be interesting to see if they get fired for dereliction of duty.

I don't believe federal workers have the right to protest.

Unions have lost public support in the 21st Century.

I have no issue with private sector and trade unions, they are a necessary part of the economic system.

Public sector unions are going end up destroying good governance at multiple levels, due to the adversarial system inherent in the employer-employee negotiation system being non existent in the public sector.

I doubt they can be fired since they're union. They should be fired, but probably won't.
Federal workers are not allowed to strike according to law/federal personnel policy. You may not be old enough to remember when federal air traffic controllers went on strike in the 1980s. Reagan fired every one of them and trained replacements. They had no appeal since they were clearly in violation of the law.

I don't believe any federal workers have dared pull a stunt like that since. I doubt Biden will do anything about a short term walk out though. Or more accurately I don't know if his deep state handlers will want to make that kind of waves this close to an election.

While off duty meaning they can't walk off the job.

Less restricted" employees, including most career employees in the executive branch, are able to participate actively in political management or partisan political campaigns, while off-duty, outside a federal facility and not using federal property.

Federal workers upset with Joe Biden's support of the war in Gaza plan to walk off the job. It will be interesting to see if they get fired for dereliction of duty.

They have not been fired for being derelicts so why fire them for dereliction of duty?

He has the authority to fire them.

Federal workers are not allowed to strike according to law/federal personnel policy. You may not be old enough to remember when federal air traffic controllers went on strike in the 1980s. Reagan fired every one of them and trained replacements. They had no appeal since they were clearly in violation of the law.

I don't believe any federal workers have dared pull a stunt like that since. I doubt Biden will do anything about a short term walk out though. Or more accurately I don't know if his deep state handlers will want to make that kind of waves this close to an election.
I remember. Biden won't do anything.

Forum List

Back