House GOP Unveils Bill to Fund Israel by Cutting IRS Budget

I didn't hear any MAGAs whining about Trump's $8 trillion of new debt.

How much is THAT per household?

About $61,000 per household.

Choke on that!
Yep, his huge debt is part of what made him suck so bad.
Somehow you think that was a serious response to what I said? :rofl: You become more of a joke every day.
Your TDS is off the fucking charts, BTW. You need help. Or have your guns taken away. Because trump broke your weak ass.

Have you heard anyone other than me talk about banning tax expenditures, dipshit? That's the largest expenditure in the budget, by far.

You aren't half as clever as you think you are.
I have. Multiple times.
LOL you want to cut expenditures for americans, but dont mind subsidizing ukranians :rofl:

This is an interesting move.

House Republicans on Monday introduced a plan to provide $14.3 billion in aid to Israel by cutting funding for the Internal Revenue Service, setting up a showdown with Democrats who control the Senate.

In one of the first major policy actions under new House Speaker Mike Johnson, Republicans unveiled a standalone supplemental spending bill only for Israel, despite Democratic President Joe Biden's request for a $106 billion package that would include aid for Israel, Ukraine and border security.

I think that would be a great litmus test for any foreign aid. Any request for foreign aid must be presented with a corresponding cut in domestic spending. And it should be publicized so that voters know what aid is being proposed and what is being cut.

Money saving ideas

Cancel the Inflation Exacerbation Act
Cancel the American Rescue Plan
Fire all the 4 Star generals and 95% of the 3 Stars, close all US overseas military bases
Close the Southern Border!!!
There are countless Federal departments that need to be closed

Finding counterbalances to pay for things and not adding to the debt is now "playing games"?

Fuck the IRS....Cut their budget by 90%.
They won't actually cut their own money spending throats, certainly not to the tune of funding a legitimate expenditure of the size of support of Israel in time of attack (which has nothing to do with the IRS, BTW), so wise up. It was just a partisan gamesmanship, knowing it would never fly, but take up time and catch a headline.
If you get down to it, even most republicans will vote for military aide and other aide to Israel, in times like this, and rightly so.

They won't actually cut their own money spending throats, certainly not to the tune of funding a legitimate expenditure of the size of support of Israel in time of attack (which has nothing to do with the IRS, BTW), so wise up. It was just a partisan gamesmanship, knowing it would never fly, but take up time and catch a headline.
If you get down to it, even most republicans will vote for military aide and other aide to Israel, in times like this, and rightly so.
Send your own money, warmonger stooge.

This is an interesting move.

House Republicans on Monday introduced a plan to provide $14.3 billion in aid to Israel by cutting funding for the Internal Revenue Service, setting up a showdown with Democrats who control the Senate.

In one of the first major policy actions under new House Speaker Mike Johnson, Republicans unveiled a standalone supplemental spending bill only for Israel, despite Democratic President Joe Biden's request for a $106 billion package that would include aid for Israel, Ukraine and border security.

I think that would be a great litmus test for any foreign aid. Any request for foreign aid must be presented with a corresponding cut in domestic spending. And it should be publicized so that voters know what aid is being proposed and what is being cut.

We should find some form of tax system that basically eliminates the IRS altogether. We find a way to tax without filing any returns. What is paid is what is paid. No refunds and no extra payments because you didn't pay enough.

Send your own money, warmonger stooge.
Nah. I voted for Republican representative from Tennessee, and one Republican Senator (of our two) to meet in the House and Senate to represent my interests. They will support the my country's interest and long term commitment in this matter and will spend my money and (tough sh#t for you) your money also to support Israel against the evil, inhuman, dogshit, murderous, raping, baby beheading, Hamas asshholes who attack Israel and wantonly, purposely slaughtered civilians to serve their political will and hatred of Israel and the Jewish people in their homes. It is just and right, that we support Israel against the vermin you support, you Anti-American, anti-Semitic swine.:9:

Money saving ideas

Cancel the Inflation Exacerbation Act
Cancel the American Rescue Plan
Fire all the 4 Star generals and 95% of the 3 Stars, close all US overseas military bases
Close the Southern Border!!!
There are countless Federal departments that need to be closed
You better build one hell of a big Navy and tankers for the Air Force!

What a bunch of idiots, simply playing games again! That party is severely, f#cked by their own minority to be totally dysfunctional.
Ok so what should be cut then?

We have infinite problems and finite resources to fix said problems. That's just a fact and something we need to come to grips with. Im not saying this cut is the correct cut but there should be something cut in order to pay for this.
And that should be the case for everything not just foreign aid. We lack the will not the ability but the will to prioritize issues and that's how we ended up in this space. If foreign aid to Israel and Ukraine is the most important thing, fine, the least important problems on our list that equal the amount of money we want to send to Israel and Ukraine should be cut.

Ok so what should be cut then?

We have infinite problems and finite resources to fix said problems. That's just a fact and something we need to come to grips with. Im not saying this cut is the correct cut but there should be something cut in order to pay for this.
And that should be the case for everything not just foreign aid. We lack the will not the ability but the will to prioritize issues and that's how we ended up in this space. If foreign aid to Israel and Ukraine is the most important thing, fine, the least important problems on our list that equal the amount of money we want to send to Israel and Ukraine should be cut.
All this is republicans using funding for the two countries to cut last years bill to increase funds for the IRS. They lost that battle and now will hold up aid just so they can please the wealthy.

there is bitter opposition from Republicans. The IRS funding passed Congress along strict party lines, like the rest of the Inflation Reduction Act.

Now the republicans as sore losers and want to hold up the aid in order to get what they want

People are at war and fighting for their survival

Republican's in congress can only think about is why do the wealthy need to be audited.

The bill signed last year has not even had a chance to be effective and the republicans want to cut its spending.

Bob Barker would say Let' s not make a deal.

Forum List

Back