Federal Marriage Amendment

I

Inion de Dia

I truly hope this won't offend any of you, but I still feel it deserves to be known to quite a few; I figure a conservative message board is a good place to start. I'd like to direct you to a petition in support of the Federal Marriage Amendment (the amendment which will assure marriage stays between one man and one woman). If you disagree with this, please just disregard it and this message. Otherwiser, please sign (if you're 18 and older--or, if not, like me, tell others) and perhaps forward this to friends and family. The petition has to be sent to Senator Majority Leader Bill Frist tomorrow, Friday, May 21, 2004.

http://www.cfra.info/31/petition.asp?PID=6415293

Thanks for your time!

Originally posted by Inion de Dia
I truly hope this won't offend any of you, but I still feel it deserves to be known to quite a few; I figure a conservative message board is a good place to start. I'd like to direct you to a petition in support of the Federal Marriage Amendment (the amendment which will assure marriage stays between one man and one woman). If you disagree with this, please just disregard it and this message. Otherwiser, please sign (if you're 18 and older--or, if not, like me, tell others) and perhaps forward this to friends and family. The petition has to be sent to Senator Majority Leader Bill Frist tomorrow, Friday, May 21, 2004.

I wish our fucking courts would just let States Rights exist like they are suppose to do. Many states already have State Constitutional Amendments that recognize marriage as only being between a Man and a Woman - I hope we don't have to have a Federal amendment.....

Thanks for your time!

I agree, freeandfun, but you know...we've given the government way too much power. We've wanted them to make all our decisions...and well, now they are! :(

Free didnt say anything though. he just quoted what you said. im totally confused.

If you want to support the alternative view, whereby the marriages of gay and lesbian couples are recognized and given full and equal protection under the law, go <a href=www.clickbackamerica.org/petition1.php?id=19>here</a>

Originally posted by Inion de Dia

Thanks for your time!

The Constitution is a document that balances power in government.

Your desire to put this in there would subvert the document FURTHER into giving us a Constitutional dictatorship. This would be nothing short of sabotaging our foundational government.

This thinking disgusts me.

Have a nice day.

There won't be an amendment to define marriage put in the constitution. The requirements to amend the constitution are too high for current political policy to change at this time.

Originally posted by NewGuy
The Constitution is a document that balances power in government.

Your desire to put this in there would subvert the document FURTHER into giving us a Constitutional dictatorship. This would be nothing short of sabotaging our foundational government.

This thinking disgusts me.

Have a nice day.

Agreed.

Forum List

Back