• Football

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Soccer

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Golf

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Hockey

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Nascar (hey, some consider it a sport *haha*)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other, please specify wtf it is!

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters
The American Destiny Prose

Americans will always favour baseball. Remember when the tennis racquet manufacturing company Prince released the ground-breaking and market-reinventing racquet the Hammer (named for its unusually sensitive 'sweet-spot' for striking)? It made a huge splash in the American media for about one year and then quietly slipped into oblivion. Why? Americans don't endorse tennis like they endorse baseball.

Imagine now (for a second) that a new provocative baseball bat is invented that rivals the iconic Louisville Slugger in the hearts and minds of the American media (and baseball fans). This new bat is called the California Chainsaw (named for its large head and staggered body, giving it incredible zip-around swing).

I guarantee that even if the California Chainsaw does not sell well or outperform the Louisville Slugger in baseball's Hall of Fame, people will still wax romantic about it in America...simply because it was a baseball feather.

Hey, I love baseball just as much as any other American. My personal favourite teams/players include the Cardinals (Todd Zeile), Blue Jays (John Olerud), Red Sox (Johnny Damon), and Phillies (John Kruk).

However, Americans need to get behind the successes of its national women's soccer team in the World Cup. Women's sports need more attention!

bat.png

Forum List

Back