Netflix: Full Swing

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Docuseries on professional golf players.

I have never watched golf in my life - but this documentary series is quite good.
It is done very well, gets into the struggles of top golfers as they fight their worst enemy - themselves.
Golf is 60% talent and 40% mental. A golfer can have the season of his life, winning multiple master tournaments in the same year - then inexplicably can't even get past the cuts in their next 3-4 tournaments.
You don't have to like the game of golf, or know anything about it - to enjoy an interesting documentary that is well done.
Professional Golf - the only sport where you only get paid if you win.

Docuseries on professional golf players.

I have never watched golf in my life - but this documentary series is quite good.
It is done very well, gets into the struggles of top golfers as they fight their worst enemy - themselves.
Golf is 60% talent and 40% mental. A golfer can have the season of his life, winning multiple master tournaments in the same year - then inexplicably can't even get past the cuts in their next 3-4 tournaments.
You don't have to like the game of golf, or know anything about it - to enjoy an interesting documentary that is well done.
Professional Golf - the only sport where you only get paid if you win.

Maybe I’m missing something, but in most, maybe all, payouts are made to most who qualify for the tournament in prize money.

Maybe I’m missing something, but in most, maybe all, payouts are made to most who qualify for the tournament in prize money.
Yes, but you are talking about $15,000 vs, $3,000,000.
A low grade pro golfer in the bottom 700-1000, makes about the same as a person working in a factory.
While the lowest player on other pro teams still make very good money.
And then you have to consider that chief caddy makes 10% of that, then trainers take cuts also.
At any rate - the show... it is an interesting look into how much their psychology and confidence affects their performance every bit as much as talent.

A low grade pro golfer in the bottom 700-1000, makes about the same as a person working in a factory.
And then you have to consider that chief caddy makes 10% of that, then trainers take cuts also.
At any rate - the show... it is an interesting look into how much their psychology and confidence affects their performance every bit as much as talent.
Yeah, I watched a bit, and have it on my watch list to continue. But no, only the winners getting paid is just not factual. Top finishers get paid well.

I guess it is like any other professional sport
Those who are just sniffing the pros never make the big bucks

The thing with Golf is that even a marginal player can get a hot streak where he makes some great shots and all his putts drop.

Many tournaments are won by a “who is that guy?” type of golfer

I guess it is like any other professional sport
Those who are just sniffing the pros never make the big bucks

The thing with Golf is that even a marginal player can get a hot streak where he makes some great shots and all his putts drop.

Many tournaments are won by a “who is that guy?” type of golfer
It happens.
In season 2, they highlight a player ranked in the 700s... barely getting by.
He makes the cut in the British open, ends up tying for 2nd and earned over $3 million.
The very next tournament he ties for 17th.

Forum List

Back