Favorite Cereal as a Kid

Sir Evil said:
Boo Berry was the best of the bunch! I think there all still available in some place but here.

They sell Boo Berry and Count Chocula at WalMart here. (Don't throw fruit please! The nearest Grocery store other than WalMart which is 20 miles from the house is 27 for King Sooper's which is part of Kroger's.)

Sir Evil said:
what ya talking about Mr. P, did they even have cereal in your day outside of farina or cream of wheat? :laugh:
Yea...I think the first real all sugar one was Kicks or tricks or maybe fruit loops..
But like i said, Good ole Kelloggs' Raisin Bran was an still is may fav. :D

i like almost any type. I know that i liked lucky charms as a kid. my other favorite, but they don't sell anymore, is Fruity Marshmallow Rice Krispies...i still remember the tv ad for them. i like (and still do) cocoa and fruity pebbles, but didn't get them much because my grandma was so tight, she put scrooge mcduck to shame...she had money, just didn't like to spend it. i actually ended up liking the generic version of lucky charms better because they had more marshmallows.

another cereal that i liked was s'mores. they stopped making it a while ago, and now there is a new version out, but it isn't as good and doesn't have the right texture to it.

Mr. P said:
Yea...I think the first real all sugar one was Kicks or tricks or maybe fruit loops..
But like i said, Good ole Kelloggs' Raisin Bran was an still is may fav. :D

I like Raisin Bran if you add syrup on top. :thup:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Capn' Crunch Berries, or the Peanut Butter version.

I like raisin bran too, but I prefer Total.

Honey Nut Cheerios are excellent.

Fruit Loops are good.

For a short while I really liked Golden Grahms.

Cocoa Pebbles are always nice.

Other honorable mentions: Kix, Cookie Crisp, Count Chocula, Resse's, Apple Jacks, Mr. T, Batman Cereal...

I actually did get those chocolate Lucky Charms.

I was in the grocery store the other day, I saw those, and my immeadiate reaction was, "wow, that's just way too much.......I need to try those."

Yummy.

Who remembers Star Wars Cereal???

What I really miss the most are the cool toys that you don't have
to "mail out" for. Why can't you just put it in the damn box???

Fruity pebbles are awesome.
Honeycombs
Trix
Lucky Charms
Frosted Flakes

Zhukov said:
I can't believe no one has mentioned Capn' Crunch Berries, or the Peanut Butter version.

I like raisin bran too, but I prefer Total.

Honey Nut Cheerios are excellent.

Fruit Loops are good.

For a short while I really liked Golden Grahms.

Cocoa Pebbles are always nice.

Other honorable mentions: Kix, Cookie Crisp, Count Chocula, Resse's, Apple Jacks, Mr. T, Batman Cereal...

I actually did get those chocolate Lucky Charms.

I was in the grocery store the other day, I saw those, and my immeadiate reaction was, "wow, that's just way too much.......I need to try those."

Yummy.

Cap'n Crunch is dangerous. I think almost deadly! That stuff would cut the roof of my mouth into shreds!

and Kix tastes like sawdust balls to me. :)

fuzzykitten99 said:
Cracklin' Oat bran????!!!!!
I always thought the name was funny.
It's not just oat bran...it's cracklin' too!!

:rotflmao:

my cousin used to call that cereal Crabby Old People Bran
Hey! I resemble that remark!

You obviously haven't tasted it. My daughter loves the stuff! It is sweet and cinnamonny (not a word but I think my idea gets across) and not Crabby Old People Bran type of cereal.

I can't believe that "cerial" was spelled wrong through this whole thread...
Someone usualy catches that pretty quick.

no1tovote4 said:
Cap'n Crunch is dangerous. I think almost deadly! That stuff would cut the roof of my mouth into shreds!

It's definetely brutal on the soft tissues. But soooooo good. Just let it soak longer.

I would usually pick around the berries towards the end so that my last few spoonfulls would be all berry balls, yum.

and Kix tastes like sawdust balls to me. :)

Kix is a subtle acquired taste, compared to more explosive cereals. Yes, it could get boring after awhile, but it's still good in moderation.

Sir Evil said:
better go back to my posts young man, I actually have been spelling something right for a change! :D

He meant in the title. :)

Now...back to those chocolate Lucky Charms....

Forum List

Back