Father Serra Statue May Come Down

No statue is immune anymore. I believe the Junipero Serra statue in front of City Hall in Ventura will be removed and placed on private property.

LOL.
“We all believe that the removal of the statue should be accomplished without force, without anger, and through a collaborative, peaceful process.”

Yea, this can all be peaceful as long as YOU don’t complain about it. Just shut up and let us do this because it “needs to be done.”

Funny how none of these spineless politicians are willing to actually let its own citizens vote on the matter. Twitter trolls from China have said it must come down, so we can’t question that.

I admire the statue, but the history between Serra, the Catholic Church, and the local Chumash hits home. My daughter is part Chumash.

I admire the statue, but the history between Serra, the Catholic Church, and the local Chumash hits home. My daughter is part Chumash.

Those people were losing their cultural identity regardless of what the priest did, it was simple technological dominance, and the morals at the time did not preclude exploitation, in fact it encouraged it.

By having them convert it gave the conquerors less excuses to grind them into the ground, not more. At least then those opposing the worst parts of the exploitation could point to them being Christian and try to guilt the exploiters into going easier on them.

Last edited:

There is not one person who ever lived that didn't offend someone.

I personally believe that all history, good or bad, should be taught and studied.
This idiotic idea of erasing the parts of history that offends certain groups of people is stupid.
Also, judging historical people and events by today's standards and morals is equally dumb. ... :cool:

When you hand control to the mob, this is what happens. Someone in the mob yells "Hey let's get that statue! The mob yells YEAH!" Down it comes. Does that sound like America to anyone?
Just think...If whites treated minorities as equals instead of animals, this could have been prevented.
How so?

Diaz is not going to like this at all.

Lemme tell you something, there ain't gonna be any more MLK statues or Satanic ones either. They all got to go!
The one I recommend they never ever mess with? The one of Jose Marti, because you could get killed if you mess with that.

Forum List

Back