Father Serra Statue May Come Down

Gen X and Milennial fragility.

Actually a lot of this is coming from late Millennials and Gen Z.

Gen X'ers have mortgages and kids now and don't have time for this crap anymore.

Or don't care enough about things either way.
This has been an issue for a very long time. There is a cross on the hill above City Hall which has been threatened (for removal) and vandalized for years.

Gen X and Milennial fragility.

Actually a lot of this is coming from late Millennials and Gen Z.

Gen X'ers have mortgages and kids now and don't have time for this crap anymore.

Or don't care enough about things either way.
This has been an issue for a very long time. There is a cross on the hill above City Hall which has been threatened (for removal) and vandalized for years.

It being an issue is one thing, but right now the mob is carrying through on removal of these things by force. It started with the Confederacy, and now is working it's way to anyone the mob decides isn't pure enough.

Hell, they are even going for statues of abolitionists, and monuments of black civil war union soldiers out of either ignorance, ambivalence, or both.

When you hand control to the mob, this is what happens. Someone in the mob yells "Hey let's get that statue! The mob yells YEAH!" Down it comes. Does that sound like America to anyone?
Just think...If whites treated minorities as equals instead of animals, this could have been prevented.
All of that freedom of choice each of us has does not help at times. There may be some bigotry and racism, but there are ways to get out of poverty.

I admire the statue, but the history between Serra, the Catholic Church, and the local Chumash hits home. My daughter is part Chumash.

Just read an article on the shameful and genocidal policy of British colonists and later Americans toward Native Americans.

For the last few weeks, the whole country (well, at least politicians, celebrities, and the media) have been bemoaning the treatment of a certain group.

There should be a NALM (Native American Lives Matter) movement, too. If any group deserves reparations, it's the Native Americans.

Personally, I wish that their so-called reservations could have actual independence.

Every vestige of MLK needs to be removed because of his sexism, misogyny and womanizing.
Oh, that’s right. Logic and consistency are outlawed in the democrat/Marxist narrative when it doesn’t jibe with the ‘cause’.

No statue is immune anymore. I believe the Junipero Serra statue in front of City Hall in Ventura will be removed and placed on private property.

Well... that's a damn shame, city hall won't look the same. On the upside, Ventura will still be a nice little city...

You live in the area?
Born and raised in Ventura and living there now. Everyone I talked to is mad about this deal.
Maybe they could put up an Erle Stanley Gardner statue. His old office is down the street.

No statue is immune anymore. I believe the Junipero Serra statue in front of City Hall in Ventura will be removed and placed on private property.

Well... that's a damn shame, city hall won't look the same. On the upside, Ventura will still be a nice little city...

You live in the area?
Born and raised in Ventura and living there now. Everyone I talked to is mad about this deal.
Maybe they could put up an Erle Stanley Gardner statue. His old office is down the street.

I went to Camarillo High. Lived in Santa Rosa Valley, Moorpark, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Simi Valley... Lived in the area for almost 40 years. I enjoyed my time there, both in my youth and as an adult.

There's a big ole Serra statue of him pointing that's along side I 280 between Palo Alto and San Fagcisco. Guess its gotta go too. That fucker abused the poor Injuns by keeping them in missions, giving them schooling and putting their asses to work farming and such. Kinda like the democrats did the blacks down south.

You live in the area?

I went to Camarillo High. Lived in Santa Rosa Valley, Moorpark, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Simi Valley... Lived in the area for almost 40 years. I enjoyed my time there, both in my youth and as an adult.
Well it hasn't changed much in Ventura except a new hotel being built across from the Pierpont Inn overlooking the ocean. A Scorpion, eh?

You live in the area?

Well it hasn't changed much in Ventura except a new hotel being built across from the Pierpont Inn overlooking the ocean. A Scorpion, eh?

A Scorpion indeed. Adolfo Camarillo... I can remember most of the school song. The Mrs. and I left in 2009 for Albuquerque, wound up here in South Carolina.

You live in the area?

A Scorpion indeed. Adolfo Camarillo... I can remember most of the school song. The Mrs. and I left in 2009 for Albuquerque, wound up here in South Carolina.
One of our clients at work is from Greenville. Good luck to you old neighbor.

You live in the area?

One of our clients at work is from Greenville. Good luck to you old neighbor.

My sister-in-law is up in Greenville...

I like it here, it's green, it rains, we have beaches, and it's less expensive. Though the humidity 3 1/2 months a year sucks and I've traded earthquakes for hurricanes...

And good luck to you, take care of the 805, I may be back to visit one day...

Forum List

Back