Father of Oregon killer blames GUNS, not son, for massacre?

“I’m not trying to say that they’re to blame for what happened. But if Chris had not been able to get hold of 13 guns it wouldn’t have happened.”
CNN just interviewed the father of the murderer of nine people at Umpqua Community College this week, and though he claims he is not blaming guns, he spent most of the interview doing that exact thing.

“That’s what guns are. The killers. It’s as simple as that. It’s black and white,” he says. Guns are the killers. Not his son.

Read more: Father of Oregon Killer Blames GUNS, Not Son, For Umpqua Massacre » The Right Scoop -

Just another reason to hate liberals. Don't you just fucking hate them?

You have to love how the loser claims guns are not to blame, and then that is all he does.

Double talking ignorant hypocrite.

Now, when the morons post on this thread about how much they want to ban guns, just ask them to give their plan and provide details. That, shuts them up every time.

Do you know why? Cause liberals are fucking morons. They are hypocrites. They are nothing but pawns for their communists, better known as their democrat politicians. They are all losers.

Remember, ask them to give their details when they cry for gun control. It will make you laugh at how fucking moronic they are.

You poor, angry little owl. Any reason under the sun to let the world know that you "hate" Liberals.

The father is, of course, wrong.

The only real fault for this mass murder lies squarely with his son. But he's the kid's father, what in the fuck do you expect for him to say?

You are truly insane.

I would expect him to be honest. If it were my son I would blame my son and not make up fucking excuses.

Which is likely why it wouldn't be your son.

They are too entrenched. Gun control is a fact of life in NY until the courts fix it.
Trump was saying he has a conceal carry in New York.

i'm sure he does
But I doubt Ben Carson has one. I wonder if Hillary has one. I guess she doesn't need one with Secret Service following her everywhere.

you don't know whether he has one or not. and you might be right. but once again you're making assertions without the slightest evidence.

not quite sure what the point is other than to make a comment about Hillary. but whatever.
I do know that the people crying about gun control have secret service detail protecting them. And the SS have guns.

I'm my own SS.

Well, see, but THEY are important, necessary, elite leaders.

You and I are just subjects and cannon fodder.

He's not blaming guns, he's blaming our lax policies concerning access to guns.

Big difference.

Compare the paperwork required to purchase and operate a motor vehicle to the paperwork required to own and operate a firearm.

Look at the paperwork required by criminals to have a car. Oh yea, there is none because they are criminals and just steal cars.

Not sure what you're saying.

This kid would have run around with a knife, killing all those people?

Seriously, what fucking world do you live in, that you think guns and knives and rocks are the only weapons in existence? This is 2015, moron, and we have the science to wreak horrific destruction in untold numbers of ways, if we so choose. He already had the truly deadly component: the will to do so.
Those are certainly some delightful personal insults and all, but I'm not sure of your point.

You appear to be trying to downplay these horrific suicide/slaughters by saying that other bad stuff happens, too.

Is that correct?

Well, thanks for your efforts in convincing us all that you're a fool who doesn't understand plain English, but really, it's kind of redundant at this point.

I'm saying that it's the will to kill others that matters, not the tool used. No amount of gun control will fix that. Any solution to the problem has to focus on the REAL problem.

Now, if you STILL haven't figured out the point that everyone else got the first time, let me know and I'll break out the Crayolas and maybe hand out juice boxes like other kindergartners get, Brain Trust.
That assumes that a person is as likely to kill others with something other than a gun, and it's difficult to believe that anyone would actually think that.

Do you see any reason for concern or specific action regarding this ongoing trend of suicide/slaughters?

There's no doubt that guns are a popular choice, because they give you efficiency AND the ability to see and enjoy the fear and pain of your victims, for sickos who are into that shit.

But the tool is not the problem.

As for your silly question, which has already been answered, why don't you plug your fucking brain in, reread my posts, and see if you can figure it out, rather than expecting me to repeat myself again and again while you pretend that "I'm too fucking stupid to understand" is an effective argument.

Shutting down the discussion by being obtuse is the go-to tactic of the left, I get that. But it's not helpful, and just pushes you farther and farther out into the margins. Eventually, people just aren't going to consider you at all in these discussions. If you actually want to be part of the public policy on this topic, you're going to have to start exhibiting some sort of genuine desire to understand and participate.

True. Unregulated access to the tool is the problem.

Unregulated, my chubby butt.

Not sure what you're saying.

This kid would have run around with a knife, killing all those people?
Knife, ballbat. Molotov cocktail, machete, sword, pressure cooker filled with ball bearings.

What was going to stop him?

The unarmed guard?
I really, really doubt it, but that's your call.

After all the school slaughters we've seen with guns - when I see a kid commit mass murder with something other than a gun, I'll look at it.

You mean like Timothy McVeigh?

The trick though is keeping 310 million guns away from every whack job, good luck with that

So..... what? We quit? We just let the little terrorists win? That's sad, Man. :(

No...we let people defend themselves. What is wrong with you?

And how's that been working out? America is dying proof that arming a society does not make it a peaceful society.

Yeah, because these mass murder sprees are taking place at gun shows and NRA rallies. Oh, wait, no. They're happening in places where society isn't armed.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Those are certainly some delightful personal insults and all, but I'm not sure of your point.

You appear to be trying to downplay these horrific suicide/slaughters by saying that other bad stuff happens, too.

Is that correct?

Well, thanks for your efforts in convincing us all that you're a fool who doesn't understand plain English, but really, it's kind of redundant at this point.

I'm saying that it's the will to kill others that matters, not the tool used. No amount of gun control will fix that. Any solution to the problem has to focus on the REAL problem.

Now, if you STILL haven't figured out the point that everyone else got the first time, let me know and I'll break out the Crayolas and maybe hand out juice boxes like other kindergartners get, Brain Trust.
That assumes that a person is as likely to kill others with something other than a gun, and it's difficult to believe that anyone would actually think that.

Do you see any reason for concern or specific action regarding this ongoing trend of suicide/slaughters?

There's no doubt that guns are a popular choice, because they give you efficiency AND the ability to see and enjoy the fear and pain of your victims, for sickos who are into that shit.

But the tool is not the problem.

As for your silly question, which has already been answered, why don't you plug your fucking brain in, reread my posts, and see if you can figure it out, rather than expecting me to repeat myself again and again while you pretend that "I'm too fucking stupid to understand" is an effective argument.

Shutting down the discussion by being obtuse is the go-to tactic of the left, I get that. But it's not helpful, and just pushes you farther and farther out into the margins. Eventually, people just aren't going to consider you at all in these discussions. If you actually want to be part of the public policy on this topic, you're going to have to start exhibiting some sort of genuine desire to understand and participate.
Well, truth be told, once I see that a person is going to lace their post with juvenile personal insults and name-calling I don't pay that much attention to the rest of their effort.

If you have a reasonable point to make, either make it quickly or find a nice little hardcore left wing partisan ideologue to play with, thanks.

Well, truth be told, once I see that a person is going to cry about how "mean" I am so that they can avoid seeing the points being made, I move on to someone who's pulled on their big-boy Underoos for the debate.

If you're looking for Barney to hold hands and sing with you, you're probably on the wrong board.
I appreciate your concern.

And fortunately, I'm under no obligation to enable childish behavior.

What laws that you support would guarantee things like that wouldn't happen again? You are the typical gun hating idiot that thinks more laws on the books will cause criminals to stop being criminals. Wasn't Oregon a gun free zone by law? Just proves that laws saying not to do something don't work.

Actually, a background check would have stopped what happened in Oregon. The problem is the background checks aren't accurate and they are designed to be that way.

So here's the law I would pass.

If you sell or give a gun to a mass murderer, you will be charged as an accomplice to his crime and do hard time. NO EXCEPTIONS.

What laws that you support would guarantee things like that wouldn't happen again? You are the typical gun hating idiot that thinks more laws on the books will cause criminals to stop being criminals. Wasn't Oregon a gun free zone by law? Just proves that laws saying not to do something don't work.

Actually, a background check would have stopped what happened in Oregon. The problem is the background checks aren't accurate and they are designed to be that way.

If you sell or give a gun to a mass murderer, you will be charged as an accomplice to his crime and do hard time. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Why don't you suggest that and when even the dumbass Democrats quit laughing at you, let me know how bad you're embarrassed.

Wait a minute, how do you figure a background check would have stopped Oregon? The guy got most of his weapons from family.

Wait a minute, how do you figure a background check would have stopped Oregon? The guy got most of his weapons from family.

Joe's a gun hater.

Then you send his family members to prison.

Better yet, when you do a background check, you list EVERY person over 12 who lives in that house, and if one person in the house fails a check, everyone in the house fails.

Then you send his family members to prison.

Better yet, when you do a background check, you list EVERY person over 12 who lives in that house, and if one person in the house fails a check, everyone in the house fails.

Well you are talking about something you just made up. I'm talking about the current situation as the laws are.

HIs mother obviously purchased those guns legally. Now how this clown got his hands on them, that I'm not sure of as of yet. Maybe when more reports come out........

The idea that we punish the adults because they have a screwed up kid is pretty much out of the question. Sure, the parent(s) should be held responsible, but if they need a firearm for self-defense such as those living in lower income neighborhoods, I can't see taking their Constitutional rights away just because a one out of a thousand chance their mentally disabled child might get their hands on them and conduct a mass shooting.

Well you are talking about something you just made up. I'm talking about the current situation as the laws are.

HIs mother obviously purchased those guns legally. Now how this clown got his hands on them, that I'm not sure of as of yet. Maybe when more reports come out........

he purchased some of them as well. and it is pretty clear she wasn't keeping them under lock and key.

The laws as they are suck. It starts with the idiocy that gun ownership is a right. That puts the burden on the rest of us to prove why a crazy person shouldn't have a gun, as opposed to the crazy person proving he needs one.

The idea that we punish the adults because they have a screwed up kid is pretty much out of the question. Sure, the parent(s) should be held responsible, but if they need a firearm for self-defense such as those living in lower income neighborhoods, I can't see taking their Constitutional rights away just because a one out of a thousand chance their mentally disabled child might get their hands on them and conduct a mass shooting.

So your argument here is that because you support a racist, unequal society, you need a gun to protect yourself from the people you are oppressing?

This is your argument? How about fixing economic inequality, rather than keeping something in your home that is 43 times more likely to kill a member of your family than that bad guy you are pissing yourself over.

Naw. That'd be humane. And Sensible. That's just not the conservative way, which is find the most mean-spirited and stupid solution and go all out.

[
You do know that little list of yours sounds like it was thought up by a third grader with no life experance? And no sense of what reality is.
Two thing make that generic list pie in the sky...
First the country is broke.
Second we would have to rip up the constitution for implementation.

No thanks, unreasonably list

Most countries don't keep the same constitution for hundreds of years. They come up with ones that reflect modern times.

Hey, guy, here's the thing. Every industrial democracies ALREADY DOES most of the things on my list.
They are just as free as we are, they have nowhere near our crime rates and they spend less on health care as a percentage of GDP and get fair better results.

Your response sounds like an inbred redneck who's never been outside the US, and probably doesn't even have a passport.
Well, where is the need to be like other countries, like they are all doing so well, ya, right! Nice try.
Every country on the planet is on the decline and suck, we happen to suck the least.
Common sense would say we should strive to get better, not worse. Looking to other countries is alway an low expectations game the bleeding hearts play.

Hashtag punching down is never advised

Well, where is the need to be like other countries, like they are all doing so well, ya, right! Nice try.
Every country on the planet is on the decline and suck, we happen to suck the least.
Common sense would say we should strive to get better, not worse. Looking to other countries is alway an low expectations game the bleeding hearts play.

Hashtag punching down is never advised

I think you are a little confused. You are emoting. I look at actual metrics.

Let's take health care. Other industrialized democracies have universal health care. While we spend 17% of our GDP on health care, these other countries spend 8 - 11 %.

They have longer life expectancies.
They have lower rates of infant mortality.
they have lower rates of bankruptcy due to medical crisis
They have lower rates of abortion. (something you think right wingers would get behind)

Hashtag, trying reading a book, you inbred racist fuck.

We as a Society have decided to place restrictions on adults giving children cigarettes, alcohol, fireworks, etc... Yet we still place virtually no restrictions or requirements in regard to adults allowing children access to firearms. Something's wrong with this picture.

There has to be more stringent requirements and accountability. If we as a Society are gonna continue allowing children access to firearms, we can at least implement reasonable and logical safety restrictions that hold adults accountable.

Next time you go, stay.

Naw, guy, I want to change THIS country, dragging you inbred, bible thumping gun toting assholes along kicking and screaming the whole way.

Its' for your own good.

Yes if we ban guns in this country by making them illegal will stop all this senseless killing, just as our government has been able to keep our kids off of drugs. Let's not forget how well banning the confederate flag has made such a profound impact on the situation as well, since liberals made that determination that it would have an effect on much of the gun violence that we see. Liberals can't seem to grasp the fact of criminals finding a way to obtain a gun by any other means other than through the legal system.

Last edited:
That box of medals, that I bet you can't prove you have, shows nothing.

When you actually have the guts to take from me what you say I shouldn't own, we'll talk.

Guy, when the gun ban comes, you will meekly hand them over to be melted.

That won't happen in either of our lifetimes, it would require amending the Constitution with 2/3 of the states legislatures in support of the measure. I don't believe there is enough liberals who share in that same extremist view to make it happen. I know that darn 2nd Amendment is such a thorn to your side.

That box of medals, that I bet you can't prove you have, shows nothing.

When you actually have the guts to take from me what you say I shouldn't own, we'll talk.

Guy, when the gun ban comes, you will meekly hand them over to be melted.

That won't happen in either of our lifetimes, it would require amending the Constitution with 2/3 of the states legislatures in support of the measure. I don't believe there is enough liberals who share in that same extremist view to make it happen. I know that darn 2nd Amendment is such a thorn to your side.

The 2nd amendment to Joe is like a job to a social welfare leech.

Next time you go, stay.

Naw, guy, I want to change THIS country, dragging you inbred, bible thumping gun toting assholes along kicking and screaming the whole way.

Its' for your own good.

Yes if we ban guns in this country by making them illegal will stop all this senseless killing, just as our government has been able to keep our kids off of drugs. Let's not forget how well banning the confederate flag has made such a profound impact on the situation as well, since liberals made that determination that it would have an effect on much of the gun violence that we see. Liberals can't seem to grasp the fact of criminals finding a way to obtain a gun by any other means other than through the legal system.

I had a gun stolen from my LOCKED vehicle. I wonder what law that Joe supports would have done a background check on the thug getting it.

Forum List

Back