Father of Oregon killer blames GUNS, not son, for massacre?

As the saying goes, if you are coming to get my gun, you better bring yours.

The thing is people like Joe don't like guns and believes no one else should have them either.
He's wrong, and it is his right to be so.

What I address is his incorrectness. Don't I have right to do that?
Sure. Like I addressed yours. I just don't like the shouting is all.

So I'm incorrect to expect someone who says I shouldn't own something to come and try to take it? Interesting.
Those are your words of mischaracterization not mine. Be exact.

I'm totally good with that. The govenrment will always have more and bigger guns than you do.

Yes they do, but we have more people and a Constitution to back us up.

The government is not coming for our guns anytime soon so you better get used to that. It probably scares the hell out of you, but get used to it.

The thing is people like Joe don't like guns and believes no one else should have them either.
He's wrong, and it is his right to be so.

What I address is his incorrectness. Don't I have right to do that?
Sure. Like I addressed yours. I just don't like the shouting is all.

So I'm incorrect to expect someone who says I shouldn't own something to come and try to take it? Interesting.
Those are your words of mischaracterization not mine. Be exact.

That is what Joe said needed to happen then, when challenged to do it himself, said he'd leave it up to the government to do it when gun control was put in place.

GUy, I'm not trained to deal with crazy people with guns and that isn't my current job description.

Now, if the ATF wanted to pay me a six figure salary and let me take out gun nuts, I'd send them a resume.

Contrary to what you believe, owning guns doesn't make one a nut. Claiming someone shouldn't have them then not be willing to do what you say needs to be done about it personally makes you coward.
That makes absolutely no sense. The guy told you that the government is responsible for taking care of matters. I disagree with him. I also disagree with you for being an asshat about it all.

If expecting someone who says I shouldn't own something to come and personally try to take it from me makes me an asshat, fine.

What doesn't make sense about expecting someone who says I shouldn't have a gun to come and try to take it?

No, they just repeat what they are told to repeat.

The Democrat politicians don't mind guns, they mind that we can protect ourselves with them. They don't like that because it breaks off any dependency we may have for them.

Victims love Democrats and Democrats love victims. Without victims, the Democrat party would be a thing of the past.

Contrary to what you believe, owning guns doesn't make one a nut. Claiming someone shouldn't have them then not be willing to do what you say needs to be done about it personally makes you coward.
That makes absolutely no sense. The guy told you that the government is responsible for taking care of matters. I disagree with him. I also disagree with you for being an asshat about it all.

If expecting someone who says I shouldn't own something to come and personally try to take it from me makes me an asshat, fine.

What doesn't make sense about expecting someone who says I shouldn't have a gun to come and try to take it?

The Democrat politicians don't mind guns, they mind that we can protect ourselves with them. They don't like that because it breaks off any dependency we may have for them.

Victims love Democrats and Democrats love victims. Without victims, the Democrat party would be a thing of the past.

On a different site, there was a post suggesting that Obama should not allow the Secret Service to carry guns to protect him and all he needed to do was declare the area he was in a gun free zone. Since he thought they were safe, the pollster claimed he would be safe in one of them. A Liberal supporter of his questioned whether or not the head of State should be protected. My response is that is Obama thinks the rest of us are safe in gun free zones, why wouldn't he be safe in one.

I doubt the Walton family actually gives a shit about what you do. They have more money than you could make in a million lifetimes. If you believe they actually care, you fool yourself into thinking more highly of yourself than anyone ever will.

I think they care very much about their image, which is why they are pretending to raise wages.

They don't give a shit about a piss ant like you. Thinking they do proves you're an arrogant idiot.

That is what Joe said needed to happen then, when challenged to do it himself, said he'd leave it up to the government to do it when gun control was put in place.

darn straight. leave dealing with nuts with professionals.

Like yesterday, I found one my neighbors passed out on his doorstep. DIdn't try to deal with him myself, I called the cops. Turns out he was drunk. Everyone was kind of embarrassed.

Yeah, guy, the only victims I see are the ones who are carried out in body bags from Oregon, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Columbine...

I know you don't care about 33,000 gun deaths a year, but I do.

darn straight. leave dealing with nuts with professionals.

Like yesterday, I found one my neighbors passed out on his doorstep. DIdn't try to deal with him myself, I called the cops. Turns out he was drunk. Everyone was kind of embarrassed.

So you are a pussy that isn't willing to personally back up a claim he said should take place. Got it.

Yeah, guy, the only victims I see are the ones who are carried out in body bags from Oregon, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Columbine...

What laws that you support would guarantee things like that wouldn't happen again? You are the typical gun hating idiot that thinks more laws on the books will cause criminals to stop being criminals. Wasn't Oregon a gun free zone by law? Just proves that laws saying not to do something don't work.

Adults handing children firearms has become a very dangerous epidemic in this country. They need to be held more accountable. Reasonable restrictions need to be implemented. I would support age restrictions at this point. I mean, we already have restrictions on adults giving children cigarettes, alcohol, fireworks, etc...

Adults handing children firearms has become a very dangerous epidemic in this country. They need to be held more accountable. Reasonable restrictions need to be implemented. I would support age restrictions at this point. I mean, we already have restrictions on adults giving children cigarettes, alcohol, fireworks, etc...

Unfortunately you can't expect every adult to be responsible. I mean, every summer we read about at least one case (usually more)of an adult that left a child in a car to die in unbearable heat.

Joe, you could care less about those kids. All you care about is your anti-gun agenda just like your President. If you care about kids so much, why not go to Chicago and see what you can do for that pathetic Democrat run gun range they have over there. More people get killed in a month than the last five mass shootings in this country.

Unfortunately you can't expect every adult to be responsible. I mean, every summer we read about at least one case (usually more)of an adult that left a child in a car to die in unbearable heat.

Yes, and that's why we as a Society have to look out for the kids. We don't allow adults to give them cigarettes, alcohol, fireworks, etc... It's time for a more stringent monitored process in regards to adults giving children firearms. There has to be more accountability.

LMAO...We're calling guns tools now? :rofl:

A screw driver screws
A wrench wrenches
And a gun....tools about LOL

Tool - a handheld device that aids in accomplishing a task

Just because your panties are ruffled in outrage at the task doesn't make it any less valid a description.

Seriously, what fucking world do you live in, that you think guns and knives and rocks are the only weapons in existence? This is 2015, moron, and we have the science to wreak horrific destruction in untold numbers of ways, if we so choose. He already had the truly deadly component: the will to do so.
Those are certainly some delightful personal insults and all, but I'm not sure of your point.

You appear to be trying to downplay these horrific suicide/slaughters by saying that other bad stuff happens, too.

Is that correct?

Well, thanks for your efforts in convincing us all that you're a fool who doesn't understand plain English, but really, it's kind of redundant at this point.

I'm saying that it's the will to kill others that matters, not the tool used. No amount of gun control will fix that. Any solution to the problem has to focus on the REAL problem.

Now, if you STILL haven't figured out the point that everyone else got the first time, let me know and I'll break out the Crayolas and maybe hand out juice boxes like other kindergartners get, Brain Trust.
That assumes that a person is as likely to kill others with something other than a gun, and it's difficult to believe that anyone would actually think that.

Do you see any reason for concern or specific action regarding this ongoing trend of suicide/slaughters?

There's no doubt that guns are a popular choice, because they give you efficiency AND the ability to see and enjoy the fear and pain of your victims, for sickos who are into that shit.

But the tool is not the problem.

As for your silly question, which has already been answered, why don't you plug your fucking brain in, reread my posts, and see if you can figure it out, rather than expecting me to repeat myself again and again while you pretend that "I'm too fucking stupid to understand" is an effective argument.

Shutting down the discussion by being obtuse is the go-to tactic of the left, I get that. But it's not helpful, and just pushes you farther and farther out into the margins. Eventually, people just aren't going to consider you at all in these discussions. If you actually want to be part of the public policy on this topic, you're going to have to start exhibiting some sort of genuine desire to understand and participate.
Well, truth be told, once I see that a person is going to lace their post with juvenile personal insults and name-calling I don't pay that much attention to the rest of their effort.

If you have a reasonable point to make, either make it quickly or find a nice little hardcore left wing partisan ideologue to play with, thanks.

Well, truth be told, once I see that a person is going to cry about how "mean" I am so that they can avoid seeing the points being made, I move on to someone who's pulled on their big-boy Underoos for the debate.

If you're looking for Barney to hold hands and sing with you, you're probably on the wrong board.

i realize the o/p is limited in his comprehension abilities, but the man did not blame guns. he simply pointed out that some people shouldn't get them.

i'm not quite sure why our radical right doesn't understand that and allows a gun marketing group to tell them what to think.

oh wait...

Right, because criminals can't get illegal guns...

you aren't very bright. screening dear.... screening.

it isn't that complicated. we're the only civilized country in the world that has this problem. speaks volumes. but then again being brainwashed by the NRA, you wouldn't understand that.

but thanks for the NRA talking point.

No, we really aren't. I know your leaders have told you that, and so you think it's carved in stone by the finger of God, but if you ever bothered to read anything other than your talking points memos, you'd know we AREN'T the only civilized country with this problem. Far from.

And for you to point fingers at others for "being brainwashed" . . . too fucking funny.

it's always amusing to listen to the brainwashed right talk about our "leaders".

now be a good girl and give us some more winger talking points.

:thup:

Oh, good, the Queen of Meaningless Space-Wasting has arrived.

Forum List

Back