Fat Acceptance Movement?

inside me there is a fat kid trying to get out :)

i dont let him tho, its not fun being fat

Aww. Come on. Let him have that deep fried ice cream.

You find it easy because you're used to doing things differently and I'm sure you feel like crap the day after falling off the wagon. I know I do and that's enough for me to not touch booze......erp......I mean cheese cake, for a long time. Exercise is a natural anti-depressant, too - good for emotional eaters.

ahha

You want real good guilt free ice cream

Breyers Carb Smart Ice Cream, only got like 4 carbs I think and its REAL good.

I'm a big fan...

and you're right exercise is an excellent anti-depressant, when your body feels good you will feel good

I don't eat dairy anymore. I avoid dairy and sugar as much as possible. I really can't tolerate either since I've cut it out as much as possible. I have enzyme tablets I can take two hours before eating (Candizym?), but I just avoid both, as much as possibe.

Yeah, thats a digestive aid I think. I couldn't live cutting out dairy out of my life, more power to you. I still love milk and cheese

ahha

You want real good guilt free ice cream

Breyers Carb Smart Ice Cream, only got like 4 carbs I think and its REAL good.

I'm a big fan...

and you're right exercise is an excellent anti-depressant, when your body feels good you will feel good

Eeew ... and you do realize that the "healthy" foods like that are not natural ... nor healthy, right? Here's a hint about the law, there are NO regulations that a product has to actually be healthy to place the claim on the label (they don't even have to be safe for that claim) and in order to make foods low in carbs or fat they have to use artificial products, because natural and truly healthy foods are found i farmers markets, loaded with fats, carbs, and even cholesterol.

sorry to break it to you sherlock...but unless you are eating fruits and veggies 24/7, nothing in your diet is "natural".

Let me guess you're one of the loons that looks at me funny cause I would rather use equal or splendor rather then pure sugar right?

Also, 4 carbs for ice cream is spectscular especially when a normal serving would have about 25 carbs and there is no difference in taste.

Do you drink Diet Coke? Wtf do you think they put in there to make it calorie, carb, and sugar free? Nothing is natural, the important thing is to know what you are eating and portion yourself.

You like french fries?

Here's an idea, buy a sweet potato or yam and peel them yourself and bake them instead of frying them...much better for you and better tasting

Actually, ice cream can be natural if made from natural ingredients ... meat IS natural though much of it contains preservatives now (which are not the real problem). Soda isn't natural, no, but that's because of the carbonation, not carbs. :cuckoo:
I eat a LOT, bacon, ham, beef, and my favorite if chicken (love the skin). I rarely eat veggies, but all my meat is natural. I also eat a lot of natural ice cream, made with real milk if I haven't had too much dairy already (lactose intolerance sucks), I munch on some candy, and a lot of nuts (sunflower seeds rule!). I eat lots of bread, it holds the meat the best, and never touch anything that says "healthy" because I know what they make those products out of. I fry a lot of food, and I eat all day. Funny thing, I am female, 125 lbs average, at 5'3" ... I do almost no physical activity all day. So how is that possible?

Then my best friend (almost 300 at 5'4") who eats salads most of the time, only one small meal a day, maybe a sandwich or couple of pizza slices once a week. She is on her feet and moving around a lot all day. She lifts heavy objects at work a lot to. Also she doesn't drink soda (I go through about 1 liter a day myself), and rarely drinks coffee even (very rare in Seattle I know). Explain that one?

Your logic isn't based on fact, it's based on ignorance and TV shows (most likely sitcoms). Learn something some day, or at least make some more friends.

Yeah, thats a digestive aid I think. I couldn't live cutting out dairy out of my life, more power to you. I still love milk and cheese

Oh ... you do realize that dairy has the highest fat content of all foods, especially the natural forms. Cheese IS fat, so is cream.

Eeew ... and you do realize that the "healthy" foods like that are not natural ... nor healthy, right? Here's a hint about the law, there are NO regulations that a product has to actually be healthy to place the claim on the label (they don't even have to be safe for that claim) and in order to make foods low in carbs or fat they have to use artificial products, because natural and truly healthy foods are found i farmers markets, loaded with fats, carbs, and even cholesterol.

sorry to break it to you sherlock...but unless you are eating fruits and veggies 24/7, nothing in your diet is "natural".

Let me guess you're one of the loons that looks at me funny cause I would rather use equal or splendor rather then pure sugar right?

Also, 4 carbs for ice cream is spectscular especially when a normal serving would have about 25 carbs and there is no difference in taste.

Do you drink Diet Coke? Wtf do you think they put in there to make it calorie, carb, and sugar free? Nothing is natural, the important thing is to know what you are eating and portion yourself.

You like french fries?

Here's an idea, buy a sweet potato or yam and peel them yourself and bake them instead of frying them...much better for you and better tasting

Actually, ice cream can be natural if made from natural ingredients ... meat IS natural though much of it contains preservatives now (which are not the real problem). Soda isn't natural, no, but that's because of the carbonation, not carbs. :cuckoo:

wow, what a surprise, you are wrong again. I myself am shocked. What makes soda bad is sugar. Phosphoric acid is a chemical that adds a tangy or sour flavor by breaking down starches into sugar. We should consume as little sugar as possible, especially refined sugar.

What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now?

Take a look at that to see what happens to your body as you down that coke.

Also

pH of Soda = pH of Vinegar
For one, soda, no matter who makes it, is the most acidic beverage you can buy, with a pH of about 2.5, about the same as vinegar. Why does that matter? Acid oxidizes whatever it comes in contact with. If you put soda or vinegar on metal, it will rust it quickly

f you drink soda, which also contains high levels of phosphorous, you will leach calcium from your bones.

Plenty of other stuff if you research it.

I eat a LOT, bacon, ham, beef, and my favorite if chicken (love the skin). I rarely eat veggies, but all my meat is natural. I also eat a lot of natural ice cream, made with real milk if I haven't had too much dairy already (lactose intolerance sucks), I munch on some candy, and a lot of nuts (sunflower seeds rule!). I eat lots of bread, it holds the meat the best, and never touch anything that says "healthy" because I know what they make those products out of. I fry a lot of food, and I eat all day. Funny thing, I am female, 125 lbs average, at 5'3" ... I do almost no physical activity all day. So how is that possible?

Like I said in previous posts, everyone has a different metabolism. If what you say is true which I am skeptical but I don't know how old you are, your metabolism is very high. It will be amusing to see what your reaction is when it slows down and you blow up like rosie o'donnell Keep eating those sugars, and carbs, and fat...you know skinny people have heart attacks too right?

But I guess you know more then doctors and nutritionists and what not. I mean it's easy on a forum where no one knows you to just list shit that helps prove your point without being able to verify any of it other then your "werd".

Then my best friend (almost 300 at 5'4") who eats salads most of the time, only one small meal a day, maybe a sandwich or couple of pizza slices once a week. She is on her feet and moving around a lot all day. She lifts heavy objects at work a lot to. Also she doesn't drink soda (I go through about 1 liter a day myself), and rarely drinks coffee even (very rare in Seattle I know). Explain that one?

I would have to call bullshit, sorry. Like I said very easy to prove your point on a forum. The body is a remarkable thing and if you take care of it, it takes care of you. If this so called "friend" exists and has that weight and is eating right and exercises, it would be almost fucking impossible for her not to be losing weight. Its fucking fact that if you burn more calories that you consume, you lose weight. its not rocket science. Also, not all salads are good, and if she puts shit dressing on it, it almost defeats the purpose.

Your logic isn't based on fact, it's based on ignorance and TV shows (most likely sitcoms). Learn something some day, or at least make some more friends.

no, its based of fact from doctors and nutritionists all over the world. Your theories are based on hear say and nothing else. I am starting to think your a fattie and are trying to make execuses for yourself through the online forum.

I could be wrong on that, its just my guess, then again no way for me or you to prove it.

But go ahead and tell me the story about a friend of a friend that is 4'11 and weighs 500 pounds and jogs 5 miles a day and eats right.

Then I call bullshit on you ever being "fat". Also, if you want to see a 400 lb person running a mile watch Penn and Tellers: Bullshit - Eat This episode. You might learn something as well.

Oh ... you do realize that dairy has the highest fat content of all foods, especially the natural forms. Cheese IS fat, so is cream.

you do realize that dairy has the highest fat content of all foods, egular cheddar cheese has about 9 grams of fat per ounce, 6 grams of which are saturated. We tend to be somewhat heavy handed with cheese, liberally sprinkling handfuls of it on our pizza, in omelets or in mac and cheese. Yet cheese is also an excellent source of protein, calcium, and phosphorus, so it’s not all bad.

So what’s a cheese lover to do? Compromise most of the time and treat yourself some of the time. This means changing your relationship with cheese. Instead of using cheese as a central ingredient, use it to accent dishes. Aged cheese is a good for this. It tends to be more flavorful so you actually don't need to use very much of it. Such cheeses include extra-sharp or sharp cheddar, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, and Asiago.

Many cheeses are naturally lower in fat than others. These include part-skim mozzarella, string cheeses, farmers cheese, and Neufchâtel. Goat cheese is lower in fat and has fewer calories than cow's milk cheese.

A number of common cheeses are widely available in reduced-fat form, including Cheddar, Monterey Jack, mozzarella, Brie, Swiss, Colby, Muenster and American. Lower-fat cheeses tend to be milder in flavor, have a more rubbery texture, and have different cooking characteristics. But don’t write them off completely. Some brands of reduced-fat cheese are actually very good—Cabot cheese comes to mind.

Reduced-fat cheeses have about 6 grams of fat, with 4 grams of saturated fat. These cheeses work well in sandwiches and salads. Bags of shredded 2 percent cheese are useful substitutes for pizza toppings or for use in your favorite comfort-food dishes. They don’t melt well under direct heat, however, so avoid using them under the broiler.

As for fat-free cheeses, well, I’m the first to admit that fat-free cheese really isn’t worth eating—except, possibly, the shredded variety as a salad garnish. Fat-free cream cheese is fine blended in with other ingredients, or with herbs added.

Cheese on a Low Fat Diet - Fat Content of Cheese

Last edited:
Then I call bullshit on you ever being "fat". Also, if you want to see a 400 lb person running a mile watch Penn and Tellers: Bullshit - Eat This episode. You might learn something as well.

thats fine, and you are within your rights to do that...however here is the difference.

I know what I'm talking about and you are fucking clueless

thats fine, and you are within your rights to do that...however here is the difference.

I know what I'm talking about and you are fucking clueless

Coming from someone who can't explain how their ideas are completely opposite of what the reality is. Odd ... you can't even prove what you say to yourself, but I have personal experiences and people I know in real life, as well as medical science to back it up (non-biased) as well as a couple of entertainers who gathered even more of the proof into a neat and humorous little format ... and you have ... propaganda put out by diet dealers who make billions a year on selling this garbage to fat people by making them feel insecure about themselves. So ... who is it that really has no clue?

lol what medical data do you have you fucking dunce

you really want to get into a arguement on what doctors say is better for a healthy diet?

Your drink soda, high sugar, high carb, high fat, high calorie, no exercise theory

or

eating right and small portions

You have no data to prove such bull shit...you have penn and teller lol.

It's ok, if you do eat the way you do you keep going. I don't give a shit...your personal experiences are ...i have a friend who weighs a lot and eats right...well sorry i don't buy it... let me talk to your friend I guarantee I can tell you why she weighs 300 pounds.

Bodies all work generally the same in concept even though everyone is different.

Please show me medical data that says eat whatever the fuck you want and dont exercise because I would love to join that program

first of all that penn and teller documentary stuided the so called hollywood "diet" which is water for 48 hours and starve...which is a bullshit and not legit way to diet.

tPenn and Teller take a look into the movement to ban genetically engineered food, even though it may produce more food for the poor and may even make it healthier.

you really want to get into a arguement on what doctors say is better for a healthy diet?

Your drink soda, high sugar, high carb, high fat, high calorie, no exercise theory

or

It's ok, if you do eat the way you do you keep going. I don't give a shit...your personal experiences are ...i have a friend who weighs a lot and eats right...well sorry i don't buy it... let me talk to your friend I guarantee I can tell you why she weighs 300 pounds.

Bodies all work generally the same in concept even though everyone is different.

Please show me medical data that says eat whatever the fuck you want and dont exercise because I would love to join that program

I have more data than you, just I also know posting links and the like to morons like you won't do any good because you never read them, in spite of the fact that all my info is from non-biased sources. If being fat is so bad then how did we ever survive the Victorian era? Much less how is it that all the strongest royal families were all fat?

This just proves how stupid you are: "Bodies all work generally the same in concept even though everyone is different."

As for Penn and Teller, reread what I said about it. Penn and Teller are no less accurate than the news which spouts off about "weight issues" all the time, while using doctors who are actually working for the diet companies (many of them pitching their own "systems") and so far the only thing any of these has done is cause even more severe health concerns. So really ... natural isn't bought in a package, like your "low carb" crap, though it can be packaged as such sometimes (Dryers hand churned, the most natural you can buy, but also very high in fat). The labels that say "healthy" or "low fat" etc. do not even have to be accurate, they just have to come up with some product that is worse than theirs, and there is NO regulation for them. Also, my best friend isn't the only person I know like that, she is the rule not the exception. Again, stop getting your info from sitcoms.

What's the judgment? That someone that's stuffing junk food in their body at an alarming rate and not exercising could probably be doing more to lose weight? Yeah I guess I'm guilty of that.

This is where you are wrongly judging someone. Most fat people do not, many follow the "fad diets" in which they do just the opposite, and while Americans are generally sedentary I see more "big" people out walking than I see skinny fucks like me. I walk a lot simply because I don't like cars so to get from one place to the next it's walking or sometimes the bus. You do realize that the diet industry, or "health food" makes billions. Do you really think it's skinny people buying this garbage? No, it's fat people made self conscious by people as uneducated as yourself telling them it's their fault even when it usually has nothing to do with them eating too much, but because they are eating too little of what they need.

I guess I stand corrected. Apparently pounding cheesburgers and sitting around all the time is a great way to lose weight and these poor misunderstood people are in fact doing everything in their power but are sadly helpless.

I don't care if the "diet industry" is making millions. It's irrelevant.

I've never told any fat people how to get skinny or that they were too fat. None of my business and I really don't care. Whenever anyone asks me how I do it I just them hard work. The only time I can imagine caring would be if I got stuck sitting next to someone on an airplane and they were spilling over their seat onto me, that would just be gross. But I don't fly very often so I don't see it being a problem.

I'm surprised to see all the people jumping to the defense of fat people. I didn't realize they were a protected class. :lol:

A better thing to take away from this would be that it's not the same struggle for everybody so you shouldn't judge somebody based upon their weight. Not all fat people are doing anything wrong. Not all skinny people are doing anything right. There are some factors within any given person's control and some factors not within their control. Hence some people can do more about their apperance than others even when it comes to weight. The average person certainly can benefit from exercise above all, and eating a nutrient-dense diet. Emotional eating, the tendency to eat whatever is in front of you, and other problems complicate what could be simple. Eat when you're hungry, eat slowly, eat often (always eat breakfast). Doing these things will not guarantee being skinny but they will make it more likely that you will be healthy and more likely that you will be skinny, which incidentally are not the same thing.

People with thyroid problems are an example of people with a special struggle and you can't tell who has it by looking at them usually. Hyperthyroidism is particularly problematic in that it gets you used to a lifestyle where you can eat whatever you want and not gain weight, and then have a real struggle on your hands when your thyroid is burnt out and you have hypothyroidism.

don't know why anyone would let themselves get fat...it's so easy to stay in shape

Depends on who you are. I had a friend in high school with 2% bodyfat. He was a bodybuilder but you know what he ate every day? Whoppers from BK. He ate at least a dozen whoppers every day. He never got tired of them for at least a year straight. There were plenty of fat people in high school who did not eat as badly as him, but I also knew nobody who exercised as much as him.

Last edited:

or

I have more data than you, just I also know posting links and the like to morons like you won't do any good because you never read them, in spite of the fact that all my info is from non-biased sources. If being fat is so bad then how did we ever survive the Victorian era? Much less how is it that all the strongest royal families were all fat?

This just proves how stupid you are: "Bodies all work generally the same in concept even though everyone is different."

As for Penn and Teller, reread what I said about it. Penn and Teller are no less accurate than the news which spouts off about "weight issues" all the time, while using doctors who are actually working for the diet companies (many of them pitching their own "systems") and so far the only thing any of these has done is cause even more severe health concerns. So really ... natural isn't bought in a package, like your "low carb" crap, though it can be packaged as such sometimes (Dryers hand churned, the most natural you can buy, but also very high in fat). The labels that say "healthy" or "low fat" etc. do not even have to be accurate, they just have to come up with some product that is worse than theirs, and there is NO regulation for them. Also, my best friend isn't the only person I know like that, she is the rule not the exception. Again, stop getting your info from sitcoms.

lmao, you fail on so many levels!

Please post away...please sow me a link to the eat whatever the fuck you want and dont exercise program...cause I am dead serious I want to join!

Victorian Age? Do you even know what the fuck you blab about?

Throughout the Victorian Age, obesity was associated with lower class status and poverty. Dress designs of their period stressed full breasts and tiny waistlines; for instance, the "Gibson girl" image of the last 19th century America. Women stayed away from food in order to be slim and to create the hourglass shape. In 1864 Ebstein distinguished three types of obesity: stout, comical, and severe (Beumont, 1991). Some poor immigrant mothers during the 1930's who suffered from hunger in their childhood and youth did not see overweight in their children as negative. To them plumpness meant security and success. Slenderness was at its peak during the 1960's with the arrival of "Twiggy" (5'7", 92 pounds). Severe abstinence from food and various forms of weight control were used to achieve a type of malnourished figure which was heralded as the standard of beauty. It was of no surprise that during this time there was both an increase in medical and psychaitric recognition of eating disorders and more women diagnosed as anorexic or bulimic.

"Bodies all work generally the same in concept even though everyone is different."

yes, that makes perfect sense....I wouldn't expect someone with the intelligence of a grapefruit to comprehend it tho. The body works the same for everyone, however people react differently to certain things...its not that fucking hard to understand is it? Want me to write a book for you....I'll put in some pop up pictures and some coloring areas...you will love it..

Yes, I guess all of the cardiolgists out there and nutrionists and doctors are all working for the evil diet corporations lmao

Really, please link me the

Kittenkodder, eat whatever the fuck you want dont exercise diet

I really would love to join

This is where you are wrongly judging someone. Most fat people do not, many follow the "fad diets" in which they do just the opposite, and while Americans are generally sedentary I see more "big" people out walking than I see skinny fucks like me. I walk a lot simply because I don't like cars so to get from one place to the next it's walking or sometimes the bus. You do realize that the diet industry, or "health food" makes billions. Do you really think it's skinny people buying this garbage? No, it's fat people made self conscious by people as uneducated as yourself telling them it's their fault even when it usually has nothing to do with them eating too much, but because they are eating too little of what they need.

I guess I stand corrected. Apparently pounding cheesburgers and sitting around all the time is a great way to lose weight and these poor misunderstood people are in fact doing everything in their power but are sadly helpless.

I don't care if the "diet industry" is making millions. It's irrelevant.

I've never told any fat people how to get skinny or that they were too fat. None of my business and I really don't care. Whenever anyone asks me how I do it I just them hard work. The only time I can imagine caring would be if I got stuck sitting next to someone on an airplane and they were spilling over their seat onto me, that would just be gross. But I don't fly very often so I don't see it being a problem.

I'm surprised to see all the people jumping to the defense of fat people. I didn't realize they were a protected class. :lol:

A better thing to take away from this would be that it's not the same struggle for everybody so you shouldn't judge somebody based upon their weight. Not all fat people are doing anything wrong. Not all skinny people are doing anything right. There are some factors within any given person's control and some factors not within their control. Hence some people can do more about their apperance than others even when it comes to weight. The average person certainly can benefit from exercise above all, and eating a nutrient-dense diet. Emotional eating, the tendency to eat whatever is in front of you, and other problems complicate what could be simple. Eat when you're hungry, eat slowly, eat often (always eat breakfast). Doing these things will not guarantee being skinny but they will make it more likely that you will be healthy and more likely that you will be skinny, which incidentally are not the same thing.

People with thyroid problems are an example of people with a special struggle and you can't tell who has it by looking at them usually. Hyperthyroidism is particularly problematic in that it gets you used to a lifestyle where you can eat whatever you want and not gain weight, and then have a real struggle on your hands when your thyroid is burnt out and you have hypothyroidism.

don't know why anyone would let themselves get fat...it's so easy to stay in shape

Depends on who you are. I had a friend in high school with 2% bodyfat. He was a bodybuilder but you know what he ate every day? Whoppers from BK. He ate at least a dozen whoppers every day. He never got tired of them for at least a year straight. There were plenty of fat people in high school who did not eat as badly as him, but I also knew nobody who exercised as much as him.

yeah he burned all that shit off...those whoppers have a lot of protien thats why he eats it

Andrew has such low self esteem he has to find an excuse to drag others down just to feel better. How sad, yet very common.

still waiting on the

Eat whatever the fuck you want and dont exercise diet...I really want to join

Admit it kitten

you weigh 450 pounds, not a doubt in my mind

Forum List

Back