Fat Acceptance Movement?

want good snack foods that are good for you

Yogurt, yoplait lite and fit is excellent and tastes great

Polly-O string cheese lowfat- delicious

Breyers Smart Carb ice cream- The bars are great for on the go and the scoops are good for when you're home..add a little peanut butter= yummy

Celery- Can't go wrong. Taste good, dip it in peanut butter..you burn more calories eating it then you consume

Raisins are good, too. They're like a handful of candy. I'm not supposed to eat them, but I do anyway.

Nuts (in moderation), whole grain breads/pasta, fresh fruit, peanut butter (again, moderation), proteins like turkey, cottage cheese , tuna, (watch out for tuna and sushi - mercury contents are high in these foods) and the ever portable cheesestick - also great snicky-snack foods. Raisins and peanuts mixed together are really, really good.

Raisins and peanut butter are great....I used to put them ina bowl with whip cream on top...yummy

Dip your celery in peanut butter, throw some raisins on there and boom, got yourself a tasty snack

Is your mother taking anything to help with the 'mood' side effects? I can't imagine facing a terminal illness, let alone on a heavy regiment of steroids, making things worse.

My mom would be resistant to taking mood enhancers, being of the sturdy midwestern stock variety who would prefer to rely on God for her mood enhancement.

The rest of us would love it if she were on meds, though. Trust me.

Is your mother taking anything to help with the 'mood' side effects? I can't imagine facing a terminal illness, let alone on a heavy regiment of steroids, making things worse.

My mom would be resistant to taking mood enhancers, being of the sturdy midwestern stock variety who would prefer to rely on God for her mood enhancement.

The rest of us would love it if she were on meds, though. Trust me.
I do not blame your mom! A lot of time meds give a person more side effects and problems. I will not take meds unless it will keep me alive just about. I refuse to take pain meds but will if the pain is off the scale.

I have to take my meds for Thyroid but my doctor knows she be hard pressed to give me anything else. She actually tried to get me to accept a prescription to treat migraines! No way, migraines are because my dosage is not right I said.

Heck I was put in the hospital on a Friday night (In Germany) and learned by CHANCE they were going to do some major surgery on me Monday morning. Those hospitals in Germany are not like the USA. Their wards are locked. What did I do? With IV lead in my hand, I asked the German nurse if I can go downstairs and get coffee. She looked at me and buzzed the door so I can leave. They didn't know it but I had all my stuff tucked under my hospital gown. I walked across the street and waited a few hours for when my husband was suppose to show up. He saw me, stopped, and I said.."Take me home" He laughed, went up there and told them I'm not coming back. I had a neighbor who was a nurse take the IV out of me.

After returning to the USA and seeing a doctor I learned that the surgery they wanted to perform was very uncalled for. Surgery was to remove my intestines!

This is where you are wrongly judging someone. Most fat people do not, many follow the "fad diets" in which they do just the opposite, and while Americans are generally sedentary I see more "big" people out walking than I see skinny fucks like me. I walk a lot simply because I don't like cars so to get from one place to the next it's walking or sometimes the bus. You do realize that the diet industry, or "health food" makes billions. Do you really think it's skinny people buying this garbage? No, it's fat people made self conscious by people as uneducated as yourself telling them it's their fault even when it usually has nothing to do with them eating too much, but because they are eating too little of what they need.
I guess I stand corrected. Apparently pounding cheesburgers and sitting around all the time is a great way to lose weight and these poor misunderstood people are in fact doing everything in their power but are sadly helpless.

I don't care if the "diet industry" is making millions. It's irrelevant.

I've never told any fat people how to get skinny or that they were too fat. None of my business and I really don't care. Whenever anyone asks me how I do it I just them hard work. The only time I can imagine caring would be if I got stuck sitting next to someone on an airplane and they were spilling over their seat onto me, that would just be gross. But I don't fly very often so I don't see it being a problem.

I'm surprised to see all the people jumping to the defense of fat people. I didn't realize they were a protected class. :lol:
These human water buffalos will soon be a protected class and will be given legal victim status under the law.

Then it will be a hate crime to eat a hamburger in front of them and not offer them a bite. :lol:

How about that Amanda, you are right in line with the biggest hatemonger on USMB.
As for what you think the typical fat person does, too much TV rots the brains. Homer Simpson is not a typical fat person, that is the humor in his character, same for all the others on TV. You think these characters would really be that funny if that's what they were really like? Again though, use you brain, who pays billions per year on diet fads? Do you by only diet food? I know a LOT of fat people in real life, and a few "morbidly obese". The morbidly obese (I love that phrase is sounds scarier) ones do have health issues because of their weight, but most don't even eat half what I do. Why do they confide in me? Because I don't judge them based on their weight but on how they treat other people (that's how I judge everyone).

However, so many who don't like people being fat love to repress ... without the fat people we wouldn't have survived as a species. "The ability to eat and fuck is what made our species so strong." If you don't like it fine, but don't try to make it sound like fat people are lazy or pigs, most are not.

Forum List

Back