Fat Acceptance Movement?

I only bring down the stupid...you seem to be falling in that category very quickly

As I have said ... no proof will suffice for morons, I wish I was 450 lbs, then I wouldn't want to stay away from the leering breeders so much. You will ignore all facts just because you like this fantasy world you live in based on movies, sitcoms, and ratings hungry "news".

lol you have provided no facts you fucking idiot

Please show me the

eat whatever the fuck you want and dont exercise diet please

I am still waiting...tell me what doctor says that is the way to go other then doctor kevorkian

Fuck, I never knew fat could inspire all of this. :lol:

It's fun isn't it. Toying with morons on any subject can be fun, but this one has a lot of idiots fooled into believing hype and sale pitches more than reality, which makes it even more fun to see them regurgitate the propaganda.

yes, doctors, nutritionists, cardiologists etc... are all fantasy world

keep doing drugs

its working out well for you

keep doing drugs

You do realize that most doctors get paid for pushing drugs ... of course you have to acknowledge that. Unless you really think that EVERY single problem is real (Restless Leg Syndrome ... really, find another excuse to peddle those drugs). Also, almost all nutritionists I have spoken to (not currently paid to campaign for the diet companies) have said that the cravings you have are your own body telling you that you need something that is contained in the natural food associated with that flavor. It is you who needs to get off drugs ... TV is a drug and it does rot your brain, thanks for proving it.

To summarize, Andrew thinks that it is "easy" for anybody to lose weight and all fat people should be blamed for their obesity equally? And that is what Kitten is disagreeing with? Or is it the implication that some people can do everything right and still not appear to be at a healthy weight? I don't dispute that everybody should exercise and eat healthy, but I doubt that this is equally easy for everybody.

To summarize, Andrew thinks that it is "easy" for anybody to lose weight and all fat people should be blamed for their obesity equally? And that is what Kitten is disagreeing with? Or is it the implication that some people can do everything right and still not appear to be at a healthy weight? I don't dispute that everybody should exercise and eat healthy, but I doubt that this is equally easy for everybody.

Perty much ... it seems you catch on quick sometimes. I have a feeling that Andrew is that scumbag Jack Lelane (however you spell the dick heads name).

actually the arguement is according to Kitten no matter what some people do it is physically impossible for them to get in shapeso its a lost cause

Also according to her the best diet is to eat whatever the fuck you want and never exercise

I think Kitten is a large person pretending to be skinny and making execuses for herself on the boards

Kitty,

Still waiting on one link from you showing me the

Eat all the shit and never exercise stay in shape plan

Please show me

keep doing drugs

You do realize that most doctors get paid for pushing drugs ... of course you have to acknowledge that. Unless you really think that EVERY single problem is real (Restless Leg Syndrome ... really, find another excuse to peddle those drugs). Also, almost all nutritionists I have spoken to (not currently paid to campaign for the diet companies) have said that the cravings you have are your own body telling you that you need something that is contained in the natural food associated with that flavor. It is you who needs to get off drugs ... TV is a drug and it does rot your brain, thanks for proving it.

lol, cause the doctors I get my info from are from TV?

Perhaps you need to speak to real doctors and not the bums you see off teh street.

You apparently know nothing about the human body...stick with computer programming or whatever it is you do., cause you are failing at this arguement.

Please show me where the nutrinoist or doctor tells you to go to mickey d's eat like a fat fuck and dont exercise

keep doing drugs

lol, cause the doctors I get my info from are from TV?

Perhaps you need to speak to real doctors and not the bums you see off teh street.

You apparently know nothing about the human body...stick with computer programming or whatever it is you do., cause you are failing at this arguement.

Please show me where the nutrinoist or doctor tells you to go to mickey d's eat like a fat fuck and dont exercise

*smirks* Now to point out the circle you have talked yourself into by twisting and not really paying attention to most of what I say. McDonalds (and other fast food places) are not real food, we know this, and yet ... here's the kicker .. they are made of the same stuff all the "health" foods you have mentioned are. Funny how that works. I never said eat anything you want, what I did say is that the natural foods which have the tastes your body craves contain the nutrients your body needs at the time of the craving, the unnatural and processed foods sharing this flavor do not. By eating the "healthy" (ie unnatural) foods which share the flavor you are starving part of your body. When your bodies chemistry becomes that out of sync you will lose energy or develop serious health problems regardless of your weight. People have a predetermined weight height ratio, and as you already said, everyone's is different. Thus fat people are most often just the way they are at their healthiest. Do you really think it's natural to crave a Snickers bar? No, however the sweet, chocolatey taste with peanuts are a natural craving, sweet being the fruit, peanuts ... well any nuts will usually do but sometimes it has to be peanuts, and chocolate actually has major health benefits as they have recently published (and I even think the news reported this fact for once). The problem is that the Snickers bar is mostly unnatural and over processed products. So, what to do, buy some chocolate syrup (most of the cheap brands are more natural), strawberries (or some other fruit you like), and peanuts, then chow until you no longer crave it. After that you can pretty much eat anything (which will likely be only a small amount because of already being full). However, you completely took it into your own context simply because your self hatred is still strong in your own mind, so you project it onto fat people. Historically, fat people have actually been the strongest, for many reasons, in cold climates for instance, a skinny person is more likely to get hypothermia, while someone well insulated could probably avoid it for a lot longer (thus why most vikings were pretty heavy and many Europeans of all walks). Fat people are also less likely to be harmed in a fall, though some less likely to be able to right themselves afterward quickly, but that's another issue. There are benefits and risks with both sides of the spectrum, you do know most body builders have VERY weak bones, even the ones that remember to take their calcium suppliments, right? The health issues do not come from being over weight, they come from eating too much unnatural foods, no matter how "healthy" the companies say they are. Oh, but that requires logic to realize ... :eusa_whistle:

I SUSPECT that some changes in the processed food (proably corn syrup replacing cane sugar) might have something to do with the obesity pandemic AND the recent pandemic of sugar diabetes, too.

One thing I am certain of is that AMERICANS (especially young americans) drink too damned much SODA.

When I was a kid SODA was a TREAT, not the beverage of choice in most every situation.

When I was kid, sodas came in 7 oz bottles, and soda wasn't cheap relative to other things, either.

Now soda is cheaper than water, it comes in three liter bottles, there are entire aisles in my supermarket DEVOTED to selling nothing but soda and AMERICANS DRINK MORE SODA than they drink anything else.

That is a significant change in eating behavior of Americans the last generation or two.

And loe and behold you can mark the obseity pandemic ,and you will note that obseity and soda consumption seem to be moving in statistical lockstep over time.

And what IS the sweetener in soda NOW?

It is no longer cane sugar, it is CORN SUGAR.

I'm not a nutrutionist or a scientist, either, but I cannot help but think that corn sugar soda consumption and the FAT pandemic AND THE SUGAR DIABETES pandemic are somehow related.

Last edited:
I SUSPECT that some changes in the processed food (proably corn syrup replacing cane sugar) might have something to do with the obesity pandemic AND the recent pandemic of sugar diabetes, too.

One thing I am certain of is that AMERICANS (especially young americans) drink too damned much SODA.

When I was a kid SODA was a TREAT, not the beverage of choice in most every situation.

When I was kid, sodas came in 7 oz bottles, and soda wasn't cheap relative to other things, either.

Now soda is cheaper than water, it comes in three liter bottles, there are entire aisles in my supermarket DEVOTED to selling nothing but soda and AMERICANS DRINK MORE SODA than they drink anything else.

That is a significant change in eating behavior of Americans the last generation or two.

And loe and behold you can mark the obseity pandemic ,and you will note that obseity and soda consumption seem to be moving in statistical lockstep over time.

I'm not a nutrutionist or a scientist, either, but I cannot help but think that corn sugar soda consumption and the FAT pandemic AND THE SUGAR DIABETES pandemic are somehow related.

The increases usage of corn syrup in our foods has certainly been one of the major factors in the increase of diabetes, as for being fat a pandemic ... that's the point that's wrong. Look back at the historical evidence, the reality is that the number of fat people has not changed when compared as a percentage, it's just that there are more people over all so they can claim almost anything has increased to "dangerous" levels. What they did though was the major health diet companies found a cheap way to make food, one that doesn't use the more expensive natural products, but they couldn't market it well because let's face it, who wants to eat something that is unnatural. So they found a loophole in the FDA regulations, labeling it as a dietary suppliment. To market this they have to get people now afraid to eat the real food, by calling natural foods like meat and veggies dangerous, to back it up they use the increased population as a basis to call the number of fat people an epidemic. This created a huge marketing base, and allowed them to set their own prices for the products. The people became self conscious because Hollywood made us twig thin people look like the "pretty people", and thus the market for diet fads exploded. They are all diet fads, and the really funny thing is that almost all the products that claim to be healthy are made with tons of ... corn syrup. They however do not have to show all their ingredients in the labels, the dietary suppliment catagory for the FDA doesn't even have to be safe, just like herbal remedies and other fringe products. The reason for this loophole though is not the fault of law makers, the categories just didn't exist when the FDA was founded, but now the health food companies are spending money to keep it that way, so the FDA just looks the other way since there are no laws to hold them accountable.

The increases usage of corn syrup in our foods has certainly been one of the major factors in the increase of diabetes, as for being fat a pandemic ... that's the point that's wrong. Look back at the historical evidence, the reality is that the number of fat people has not changed when compared as a percentage, it's just that there are more people over all so they can claim almost anything has increased to "dangerous" levels.

I think you're wrong about that. Have you SEEN what kids look like today?

Compared to the 50's there's a LOT more kids who are obese.

Seriously, I realize that my evidence is based on just my own observations, but suspect that you could find statistical evidence that supports that contetion.

What they did though was the major health diet companies found a cheap way to make food, one that doesn't use the more expensive natural products, but they couldn't market it well because let's face it, who wants to eat something that is unnatural. So they found a loophole in the FDA regulations, labeling it as a dietary suppliment. To market this they have to get people now afraid to eat the real food, by calling natural foods like meat and veggies dangerous, to back it up they use the increased population as a basis to call the number of fat people an epidemic. This created a huge marketing base, and allowed them to set their own prices for the products. The people became self conscious because Hollywood made us twig thin people look like the "pretty people", and thus the market for diet fads exploded. They are all diet fads, and the really funny thing is that almost all the products that claim to be healthy are made with tons of ... corn syrup. They however do not have to show all their ingredients in the labels, the dietary suppliment catagory for the FDA doesn't even have to be safe, just like herbal remedies and other fringe products. The reason for this loophole though is not the fault of law makers, the categories just didn't exist when the FDA was founded, but now the health food companies are spending money to keep it that way, so the FDA just looks the other way since there are no laws to hold them accountable.

The above was very informative.

I think the change from cane sugar to corn sugar has a LOT to do with the fact that we no longer import cheap cane sugar from Cuba.

Some people who are fat REALLY can't help it. But, they don't represent that vast majority of people who are fat.

I think it is also important to recognize that Americans (and perhaps, the rest of the world) have very fucked up body image issues.

It was interesting to me to work with Tongans and Samoans. To the average Tongan man, beautiful = big. In the Islands, being large is a sign of wealth.

In the U.S., increasingly, fat is a sign of poverty. The rich are thin because they have the time to exercise and access to healthier food.

For me, at least, I think it would be an improvement if we focused on being HEALTHY, versus thin.

I agree with you. Too much focus on "thin" isn't healthy either.

I was fortunate enough to be born with a good metabolism, but I know fat people who have literally battled their weight all their life and they're still fat. Metabolism is a huge factor for many fat people. Not all fat people are lazy and a couple of them are my dearest friends, so I don't like when people are cruel to others because of their size. Fat people are people too! :cool:

The best way to shop is to shop the perimeter of the grocery store. Fruits, veggies, proteins, dairy, eggs, whole grains. Keep the aisles to a minimum. Eat a balanced diet 75% of the time; treat yourself the other 25%. Exercise, both cardio and strength; they offer different benefits. If you're trying to lose weight, eat a balanced diet 85-90% of the time; treat yourself the other 15-10%. Exercise, both cardio and strength. In order to maximize your efforts, you can zig-zag your calories every day, instead of eating a set amount of cals everyday. For example, eating 1500 one day, 1350 the next day, 1800 the following day, etc. This keeps your body guessing. Same goes for exercise. If you run 5 times a week, initially your body will burn a greater number of cals. But the body is a very efficient little bugger and soon you will have to put forth greater and greater effort to achieve the same results. Interval sessions help to keep your body guessing with this too. Running (or walking) at a moderate/slower pace for 2 minutes, increasing to an extremely high pace for 30 seconds, then returning to that moderate/slow pace for a 1 minute recovery. Lather, rinse, repeat for 8 rounds or so. 20 minutes you're done and have blasted your fat burning rates up there for quite a while. (check out videos on this from craig ballantyne on youtube). Strength workouts are a must; gotta keep those bones and muscles in tip top shape to stave off bone problems down the road as much as possible. Besides, muscles are sexy. :)

ETA: Soda is the worst possible thing you can put into your body, imo. Utter and total shit. Need some flavorful fizz? Try club soda with a little fruit juice added or lemon/lime.

Last edited:

I was fortunate enough to be born with a good metabolism, but I know fat people who have literally battled their weight all their life and they're still fat. Metabolism is a huge factor for many fat people. Not all fat people are lazy and a couple of them are my dearest friends, so I don't like when people are cruel to others because of their size. Fat people are people too! :cool:

I work with a girl who is probably in better physical condition than I am, she does aerobics 5 times a week (I run 4 days a week, but I think she does aerobics for like an HOUR. Jeez.)

And guess what? She's fat. She's at least 60 pounds overweight.

I think she is probably doing everything she CAN to lose weight, and still can't seem to do it. I suspect a hormone imbalance because she also has facial hair.

Can you imagine being in that situation? I mean, seriously? I have so much empathy for her. Think about trying to date...and how it would affect your self-confidence?

I can't even imagine. Even in my heaviest days, I was never more than 20 or 30 pounds overweight. And, even then, I was under a size 12.

People who toss these words around offend me because I know how hurtful they can be to people who are really in these situations.

I work with a girl who is probably in better physical condition than I am, she does aerobics 5 times a week (I run 4 days a week, but I think she does aerobics for like an HOUR. Jeez.)

And guess what? She's fat. She's at least 60 pounds overweight.

I think she is probably doing everything she CAN to lose weight, and still can't seem to do it. I suspect a hormone imbalance because she also has facial hair.

Can you imagine being in that situation? I mean, seriously? I have so much empathy for her. Think about trying to date...and how it would affect your self-confidence?

I can't even imagine. Even in my heaviest days, I was never more than 20 or 30 pounds overweight. And, even then, I was under a size 12.

People who toss these words around offend me because I know how hurtful they can be to people who are really in these situations.

Actually, the facial hair does betray a hormonal imbalance, but I doubt being fat is linked to it, at least not enough to make a huge difference. What you eat can cause hormone imbalances if you don't eat enough of the vitamins and minerals your specific body needs. Oh, and never bother with the vitamin pills, two reasons. The first is that your body doesn't get what it should from them, and the second is they are not balanced to your specific body. Tell your friend to look at exactly what she is craving, and find the natural version of that taste instead of ignoring it. If, for instance, she is craving cheesecake, try some sort of cheese and fruit combination. Cakes ... well ... whole wheat toast with honey comes to mind. The easiest way to figure it out, go shopping when hungry, but avoid ALL processed foods, especially the ones labeled "healthy" or "diet". Eventually their body will balance out, the hormones will become more what they are suppose to be for her (do not take hormone replacement, even if monitored by a doctor they are dangerous and will increase the health issues with little benefit). If she has "pudginess" then balancing the hormones will get rid of that, and she will look a healthy regardless of hew size. Another indicator for an unhealthy diet is the need for lotions on the skin. The body uses many of the oils we consume for lubrication, to keep our skin healthy, if you get enough of the natural oils (olive is one of the best) your skin will be soft and glow quite nicely without the use of lotions or other artificial chemicals.

I think you're wrong about that. Have you SEEN what kids look like today?

Compared to the 50's there's a LOT more kids who are obese.

Seriously, I realize that my evidence is based on just my own observations, but suspect that you could find statistical evidence that supports that contetion.

Thanks for the compliment, I only erased it for to make sure you know which part I am addressing. Compared to the 50's we are actually a LOT healthier. Also, most of what I have seen of photos from family albums (search the web, you can find all sorts of nifty pics) they are far from "skinny". Most retained their baby fat longer, though not "huge" by any standard either they were no where near the weight we wrongly consider "healthy" in todays Holywood washed society (misspelled on purpose). Though even then the images used in media were no measure of what was real, just as it shouldn't be today (just watched a P&T episode that focused on that, the 80's, and the renna ... however you spell it ... eras). As for a LOT more kids being obese ... stop and think, the number of children you see today is huge compared to how many you saw .. maybe 20 years ago. Because of that many lose sight of the one true factor in determining change in a population, percentages. The percentages are still roughly the same, no real increase there. Though the total numbers have increased a lot, so have the number of "skinny" kids as well. The same holds true for adults. Now, if you are saying "but when I walk down the street I see a lot more" ... that's true, you SEE a lot more, because you have been tricked into focusing on them more. I wish I could remember the experiment that demonstrated this phenomena but I can't, it was a long time ago that I had studied it (when running RPGs you often need to learn techniques which most people never bother to learn, and getting players to focus on key events, items, and places is one that few GMs ever master).

Forum List

Back