Family of Black high school student files federal lawsuit over hair discrimination

For you white people, yes.

My picture goes to the point that a dress code is not a good thing if it is forced on other cultures.
Dress codes enhance education. They are also expected in business. Most work uniforms are also necessary and functional. Kids can dress and groom anyway they wish out of school. "Hey, look at me!" dress is an unneeded distraction.

This is yet another example of the neo-fascists right’s desire to compel conformity and punish dissent, of conservatives’ unwarranted fear of diversity and expressions of individual liberty.
School isn't the place for dissent or expressions of individual liberty. Do that after the bell rings.

Upon digging deeper, looks to be a typical HS student. Wants to play football, keeps up with studies, and has his group of friends that seem innocent and normal for his age…In that light, I’m going to say his suspension, and blocking his extra curricular sports activities, the school is in the wrong here.

Dress codes is white people shit. You hate everyone who doesn't look or dress like you.

Not true.
When these kids get into the real world most change their dress to conform to conventional standards. Those who don't are generally losers.

Last edited:
If he has his hair done back off his collar, and above his eyes and ears, what’s the problem?
If he conforms to the school dress codes he's ok.
Not all people go into business.
I worked for a landscaping company and had to wear the company shirt. I worked in a grocery store and had to wear white shirt, slacks, and tie. In the meat department I had to wear white shirt, tie, slacks, and a paper hat.

If he conforms to the school dress codes he's ok.

I worked for a landscaping company and had to wear the company shirt. I worked in a grocery store and had to wear white shirt, slacks, and tie. In the meat department I had to wear white shirt, tie, slacks, and a paper hat.
And I have never had a job that had a dress code.

We’re only getting one side here. I’d like to know what the young man in questions academic record was? Was he a disruption in his classes? Problems with teachers? Drugs? Why don’t we know these things?

All too often members like Tommy (OP) demonstrate that they only want to troll a topic right from the start with incomplete, or insufficient reporting, to bend to a narrative, or tweak a previously failed thread of their own. Nothing different in this submission.
He was probably a shoplifter as well you racist ****.

Upon digging deeper, looks to be a typical HS student. Wants to play football, keeps up with studies, and has his group of friends that seem innocent and normal for his age…In that light, I’m going to say his suspension, and blocking his extra curricular sports activities, the school is in the wrong here.
That sloppy, inappropriate dress and grooming wasn't a problem back in the day doesn't speak well for today's youth.

Forum List

Back