Family of Black high school student files federal lawsuit over hair discrimination

We’re only getting one side here. I’d like to know what the young man in questions academic record was? Was he a disruption in his classes? Problems with teachers? Drugs? Why don’t we know these things?

All too often members like Tommy (OP) demonstrate that they only want to troll a topic right from the start with incomplete, or insufficient reporting, to bend to a narrative, or tweak a previously failed thread of their own. Nothing different in this submission.

This is yet another example of the neo-fascists right’s desire to compel conformity and punish dissent; of conservatives’ unwarranted fear of diversity and expressions of individual liberty.
Free to graduate while reading at8th grade level if at all…great!

got it. 5 times a day Muslim prayer OK. No cross or Christian group prayer before or after games. No Ten Commandments but Satan club is OK.
No problem with students of any faith praying in private
I do have a problem with group prayer being forced on others

A voluntary Bible group or Satan group is fine after hours

We’re only getting one side here. I’d like to know what the young man in questions academic record was? Was he a disruption in his classes? Problems with teachers? Drugs? Why don’t we know these things?

All too often members like Tommy (OP) demonstrate that they only want to troll a topic right from the start with incomplete, or insufficient reporting, to bend to a narrative, or tweak a previously failed thread of their own. Nothing different in this submission.
So only smart kids get to wear their hair the way they want?

As someone who went to school when the Jheri Curl was popular I wish schools would have had a stricter policy on hairstyles back then. Having that shiny stinky hairstyle drip it’s juice on your desk or notebook was frustrating. Nothing was worse than sitting in a chair after someone with one, the slimy remains leaving a grease spot that would ruin everything it touched.
I’ve seen some pretty nasty accidents in machine shops over the years when people learned the hard way long hair and fast moving machinery do not mix well. Insult is usually added to injury with the none stop joking that follows.

As someone who went to school when the Jheri Curl was popular I wish schools would have had a stricter policy on hairstyles back then. Having that shiny stinky hairstyle drip it’s juice on your desk or even worse your notebook was frustrating. Nothing was worse than sitting in a chair after someone with one, the slimy remains leaving a grease spot that would ruin everything it touched.
I’ve seen some pretty nasty accidents in machine shops over the years when people learned the hard way long hair and fast moving machinery do not mix well. Insult is usually added to injury with the none stop joking that follows.

Dippity-Do. Yes stinky. Brylcream on the white greasers, stinky too. Don’t draw them in 8th grade wrestling or you may end up eating it.

Dippity-Do. Yes stinky. Brylcream on the white greasers, stinky too. Don’t draw them in 8th grade wrestling or you may end up eating it.
I was lucky enough have that be out of fashion, but agree most hair products have a very unpleasant smell. The cloud of Aqua net hair spray wafting out from the girls bathroom, back when no Chicks with Dicks were allowed, was to be avoided.

Forum List

Back