Family of Black high school student files federal lawsuit over hair discrimination

School is supposed to be preparation for life. What employer would hire someone with the preposterous hairstyles that are currently in vogue? They can't all be rappers and youtube stars.

Used to be tattoos, body piercings and odd hair coloring would exclude you from employment.
Casual Fridays are now the norm.

Society changes

Hair and hair color shouldn't matter. Nobody cares. Make the school pay.
Make the school pay?

I see nothing about them in the link seeking damages, but if you are arguing that a monetary settlement needs to occur, that will affect EVERYONE'S property taxes and reduce funds for the education of all those students.

What's a normal way?
There was a day when all schools enforced the rules. I hope we get back there someday, but I doubt it.

50b7d168cadbb0faf42e1c8aae62c2a5--east-high-school-yearbooks.jpg

I do wonder if the school have thought this through ? These petty rulings have no effect on education and in this case are just discriminatory.

Every year we hear of some shool that thinks its a military academy. I believe that this is one of the schools that turned its libraries into jail cells. Ho hum.

The young man is smart and obviously takes a pride in his appearance. What else do they want ?
This shouldn’t be an ‘issue’ at all.

How one wears his hair has no impact on the quality of education and is clearly a form of protected self-expression.

Special rules for personal choices of a select minority. Will the max facial and body pierced be supported? Vibrators running in History class on the lezbo? Penis pumps on the home O? Hair so high no one can see around it? Filthy hair Falling all over the desk behind?

It seems strange that a school district would enforce regulations about hair while boys are wearing dresses in other parts of the country. There must be more to the story. Does the kid have a disease or lice?

Special rules for personal choices of a select minority. Will the max facial and body pierced be supported? Vibrators running in History class on the lezbo? Penis pumps on the home O? Hair so high no one can see around it? Filthy hair Falling all over the desk behind?
Yep...
They want no rules.... Just like the mayor of New York with his big mouth on immigration wanted no rules.

Some lessons are not as obvious as others.
G'head...try removing all standards and see what you get
Liberals don't understand why we needed to open the boarding schools for Indians. You are so right, people need to learn to conform.

Irrelevant. The point is not when it happened. The point is you white people need to respect other cultures.

got it. 5 times a day Muslim prayer OK. No cross or Christian group prayer before or after games. No Ten Commandments but Satan club is OK.

50s were great if you were white, male, straight and Christian
Not exactly. That was the time period we could have made our future different. Most of the whitees did not live well pre WW2. For some reason the Fiat Currency held people back after the great depression started the owners of the fiat currency started on purpose.

Forum List

Back