Falsely Being Called a Hate Crime- Burned Koran

CNN is having major tear jerk sessions over reports of burned Koran's left outside CA mosque. I'm sorry, this is not a hate crime as you can burn the flag, bible and yes, the Koran

-Geaux
=====

Qurans Found Torn, Burned Outside Local Islamic Centers on Last Days of Ramadan

SOUTH SACRAMENTO -- Two local Islamic centers discovered destroyed remnants of Qurans outside of their mosques as their communities participated in the last days of Ramadan.

According to the Council on American-Islamic Relations of the Sacramento Valley, police are now investigating the incidents that occurred outside of the Islamic Center of Davis and the Masjid Annur Islamic Center.

While the Islamic Center of Davis was leading its Friday night prayers, someone drove by and threw pages torn from a Quran at the religious organization.

Just last week, on June 16, Lauren Kirk-Coehlo was sentenced to five years of probation for targeting the same mosque, destroying the building and other property and leaving bacon on door handles.

Less than 24 hours later, a citizen led Sacramento County Sheriff's deputies to temporary fencing set up between the Masjid Annur Islamic Center and the sheriff's department. A burned Quran filled with bacon was left hanging by handcuffs on the fence.

Yes, you can burn a flag, Bible or Koran on you on property, but if you do it on other people's property with the intent of causing fear, terror or intimidation, then it can be considered an act of hate.

Example; a group of LW assholes burns a Confederate flag on someone else's property and covers it with shit. Freedom of Speech or act of terrorism/hate? The latter. They do the same thing on their own property and put it on Youtube. It's the former, freedom of speech.

Divine.Wind

Agree but I just apologized to you in the Johnny Depp thread. I jumped to the wrong conclusion about you and what you wrote. I apologize.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

If one burns a Bible on a Christian's private property, yes, that is a hate crime, if the intent is to demean or cause fear.

Or a cross on a black family's yard.

Or a Koran on the property of a mosque.

Or an orange wig on the lawn of the White House.

I was just thinking the thing.

If this had been a bible burned on the steps of a church, would people have a different opinion?

It's is certainly an act of hate.

But it's not a hate crime under the law

-Geaux
Cite the law, please.
but you dont have to?
I'm going with the article about the local city making the charges. What do you want me to prove? That the charges were being investigated or that Lauren Kirk-Coehlo was sentenced to five years of probation? Here let me help you catch up:

CNN is having major tear jerk sessions over reports of burned Koran's left outside CA mosque. I'm sorry, this is not a hate crime as you can burn the flag, bible and yes, the Koran

-Geaux
=====

SOUTH SACRAMENTO -- Two local Islamic centers discovered destroyed remnants of Qurans outside of their mosques as their communities participated in the last days of Ramadan.

According to the Council on American-Islamic Relations of the Sacramento Valley, police are now investigating the incidents that occurred outside of the Islamic Center of Davis and the Masjid Annur Islamic Center.

While the Islamic Center of Davis was leading its Friday night prayers, someone drove by and threw pages torn from a Quran at the religious organization.

Just last week, on June 16, Lauren Kirk-Coehlo was sentenced to five years of probation for targeting the same mosque, destroying the building and other property and leaving bacon on door handles.

Less than 24 hours later, a citizen led Sacramento County Sheriff's deputies to temporary fencing set up between the Masjid Annur Islamic Center and the sheriff's department. A burned Quran filled with bacon was left hanging by handcuffs on the fence.

no - just point out the law please. not all this distracting shit that has nothing to do with you lippin off looking for what you're not providing int his discussion.

If one burns a Bible on a Christian's private property, yes, that is a hate crime, if the intent is to demean or cause fear.

Or a cross on a black family's yard.

Or a Koran on the property of a mosque.

Or an orange wig on the lawn of the White House.

I was just thinking the thing.

If this had been a bible burned on the steps of a church, would people have a different opinion?

The hypocrites would think different, but I don't. I think you and I agree both acts are forms of intimidation in violation hate crime statutes.

It's is certainly an act of hate.

-Geaux
Cite the law, please.
but you dont have to?
I'm going with the article about the local city making the charges. What do you want me to prove? That the charges were being investigated or that Lauren Kirk-Coehlo was sentenced to five years of probation? Here let me help you catch up:

-Geaux
=====

no - just point out the law please. not all this distracting shit that has nothing to do with you lippin off looking for what you're not providing int his discussion.
Translation: I got nothing, so I want you to tell me the laws which Kirk-Coehlo was convicted and sentenced.

Go ahead and burn a Koran at a Mosque, a Bible at a church or a Torah at a Synagogue and let me know what laws you are charged with violating.

Burning is an act of purification....the Koran needs a wooden stake driven though it.

Or sprinkled with Holy water.....or piss
So no problem with "piss Christ"?
Piss_Christ_by_Serrano_Andres_%281987%29.jpg

-Geaux
Cite the law, please.
but you dont have to?

-Geaux
=====

Translation: I got nothing, so I want you to tell me the laws which Kirk-Coehlo was convicted and sentenced.

Go ahead and burn a Koran at a Mosque, a Bible at a church or a Torah at a Synagogue and let me know what laws you are charged with violating.
who's the snotlicker out there asking other people for laws - now come on, it wasn't that long ago when YOU did that.

that's right you silly goose - YOU DID!!!!

can't abide by your own rules?

didn't think so.

Forum List

Back