Fairness Docrine Coming Back?

We're just going to find a rich liberal and take one or two stations away from Rupert Murdoc and let the rich liberal buy it from Rupert. No one will be harmed. You are a worry wart.

We don't want to bring back the fairness doctrine. We just want to break up the monopoly on talk radio.

Boy, you guys sure do defend the liberal media. Me thinks you guys were lying the entire time. :eusa_liar: Calling it the liberal media.

Busted!!!

Bobo, your thoughts are as deep as a parking lot puddle.

Which in a way at least makes them entertaining in a Something About Mary kind of way. Do you happen to have an attractive blonde sister?

TheresSomethingAboutMary.jpg

Perfect example of when I take a right winger to the wood shed and they come out with a red ass, but defiant as ever.

I just proved that you can no longer call it the liberal media. Isnt' that great? It's like I discoved something for the first time, only I discovered it FOR YOU. Don't you appreciate it? Now you can stop sounding stupid when you call it a liberal media.

Because if it was liberal, you guys would be fighting to put more conservatives on. Instead you argue that your guys are just more popular. At least you have stopped lying. Now you are just wrong. But that's better than being wrong on purpose. That's lying. Now you are not lying anymore.

Now we just need to prove to you that conservatives also own the tv and papers.

But make no mistake, radio is conservative media.

1 down, 2 to go.

It does not matter who owns the media, asshat. It matters what they report and what they don't

You morons can keep trying to prove the media is not biased to the left all you want. The American People agree by a large majority that you are wrong.

D.C. Station Dumps Its Failing Liberal 'Obama 1260' Talk Format | NewsBusters.org

Liberals may want to insist on the "Fairness Doctrine" as a business strategy, since liberal talk is barely moving the ratings needle. The Washington Post’s Howard Kurtz reported Monday that "President Obama may be riding high in Washington, but OBAMA 1260 is not. The area's only progressive talk station is changing formats, dropping such syndicated liberal hosts as Ed Schultz, Stephanie Miller and Bill Press in favor of financial news, starting next week."

Program Director Greg Tantum says he thought the station could work because of enthusiasm over Obama, but that ratings collapsed to a level that could not be measured after the election. But ratings nearly doubled, he says, at...conservative station, WTNT, which features Laura Ingraham and Bill Bennett. Tantum said he will move Schultz to WTNT to give him another shot.

BAD EXAMPLE THO...WASHINGTON D.C IS QUITE THE CONSERVATIVE HOTSPOT

Bullshit! So they gave the station less than 30 days? BULLSHIT! What a fucking joke.

But you make a good point. Liberals are too busy working to be sitting around listening to am bullshit talk radio all day. It's the rich good old boys that sit around listening to rush spew his bs.

Face it, nobody likes libs. They suck. Somehow people get conned into voting for them, but the last thing anyone would do is listen to their arrogant bullshit.

Can't argue with that. :lol:

Well,, I dunno,, Fox News just reported that the WH has issued a statement that the obamalama does Not does not does not support the return of the fairness doctrine... time will tell if he speaks the troof! :cool:

He doesn't need to "support" it. The Dems in congress support it. I'll bet his lack of support won't make him veto the bill.

Ok fine. The Libs can have the "the Fairness Doctrine" but we get the "Mayflower Doctrine" as long as we're digging up old FCC shit to implement, let's go all the way. You want the "good ole days" back? Let's do it!

In the Mayflower Broadcasting decision, the FCC rules that stations could never editorialize.

Remarkable that someone with the intelligence to boot a computer is attempting to deny liberal bias in the media! Oh bobo....

Larry Elder: Media votes for Obama | percent, obama, mccain, coverage, stories - Opinion - OCRegister.com

http://www.mrc.org/biasbasics/pdf/BiasBasics.pdf

Now bobo, if you need help understanding what we call "words", let us know and we will try and help you out, mmmkay?

who-wants-to-be-a-dumbass.jpg

Poor bobo has always struggled with the concept of size...

Let's just focus on Radio.

Here are the top 250. Way too many are Conservative. These numbers do not represent fair and balanced. Now we don't want to bring back the fairness doctrine, but the new Obama FCC is going to even these numbers out a bit.

You telling me

Rush, Hannity, Savage, Shlessenger, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingram, Dave Ramsey, Lou Dobbs, Mancow make up the top 9? Bullshit. Not if you gave any of our people a shot, we would at least have someone in the top 5. So you are suggesting that there is no market out there for even one or two liberals? Instead, you have 2 conservatives sharing the same audience, etc. Talk about a missed opportunity. There's a whole untapped market out there waiting! What a huge audience! So the FCC needs to take a good licence away from Rupert Murdoc and give it to Soros or some other rich liberal. Given an equal opportunity, and a bit of the truth, and we will beat Rush out for #1.

You're telling me that not one liberal is in the top 9? Not Thom Hartmann, Ed Schultz, Stephanie Miller, Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, etc?

Maybe if we give them a good station and let them try. Ok?

I see.

Bobo wants liberal radio to be government sponsored?

Just turn the dial to NPR dear Bobo.

The irony of course, is that you will have to turn the dial to the right...

Remarkable that someone with the intelligence to boot a computer is attempting to deny liberal bias in the media! Oh bobo....

Larry Elder: Media votes for Obama | percent, obama, mccain, coverage, stories - Opinion - OCRegister.com

Now bobo, if you need help understanding what we call "words", let us know and we will try and help you out, mmmkay?

Here are the top 250. Way too many are Conservative. These numbers do not represent fair and balanced. Now we don't want to bring back the fairness doctrine, but the new Obama FCC is going to even these numbers out a bit.

You telling me

Rush, Hannity, Savage, Shlessenger, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingram, Dave Ramsey, Lou Dobbs, Mancow make up the top 9? Bullshit. Not if you gave any of our people a shot, we would at least have someone in the top 5. So you are suggesting that there is no market out there for even one or two liberals? Instead, you have 2 conservatives sharing the same audience, etc. Talk about a missed opportunity. There's a whole untapped market out there waiting! What a huge audience! So the FCC needs to take a good licence away from Rupert Murdoc and give it to Soros or some other rich liberal. Given an equal opportunity, and a bit of the truth, and we will beat Rush out for #1.

You're telling me that not one liberal is in the top 9? Not Thom Hartmann, Ed Schultz, Stephanie Miller, Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, etc?

Damn Sealy what's the matter with you. Did you not just read what I wrote above. Obama 1260 was smack in the middle of liberal heaven. Maryland hasn't voted Republican since Christ was a corporal and Moses was running road guard. And in DC it was before that. They had a perfectly good signal. It could be heard all over DC. Before the election, it had decent listenership. They advertised the hell out of it. They even advertised on the conservative stations. After the election, all your fellow left wingers went back to listening to Alternative music stations.

Face it, the people that vote like you are just looking to be entertained. They aren't interested in understanding issues. You can see that on here. Look at all the lefties quoting something off the John Stewart show as if it has any relevance in serious political discussion. Now, if you could program 12 hours of John Stewart type shows on the radio, you would get your fellow lefties to support a station and make it popular. But you aren't going to get lefties to sit and listen to 12 hours of mind bendingly boring policy wonk shit from Bill Press or Rachel Maddow or whomever.

Are you fucking kidding me? You think conservative talk radio ISNT mere entertainment?

:lol:

thats fucking hilarious.

Are you fucking kidding me? You think conservative talk radio ISNT mere entertainment?

thats fucking hilarious.

My point was about leftie talk radio. If you think Bill Press is as entertaining as Rush, THAT'S fucking hilarious. I wasn't saying that conservative talk was wonkish but righties would listen to it, I was saying that leftie talk is wonkish and lefties won't listen to it.

Big difference.

I think thats the point....Conservative radio is entairtainment while liberal radio is boring and a travesty to listen too hence they get no ratings.

I like to be entairtained and laugh while on the road

think thats the point....Conservative radio is entairtainment while liberal radio is boring and a travesty to listen too hence they get no ratings.

That's your interpretation, and I know you have been wrong from past posts.

Let's say that conservative talk radio is entertainment that requires little thought so the right likes it. Liberal radio is more insightful and makes you think so liberals like it. As to the ratings you also wrong. In any market where Randy Rhodes went against Rush, she had higher ratings. Now he won't let his show be played at the same time.

This is more of the right trying to hide from other opinions.

To say it's boring and a travesty because you don't like it is self centered arrogance.

Rush is more than entertainment. He has brainwashed a generation of his ditto heads to hate the left and believe that the only real patriots are right wingers. That isn't entertainment, that's more what the boys in Germany did. Rush is an effective propagandist for the right. As Bush said if you catapult the propaganda -------

thats fucking hilarious.

My point was about leftie talk radio. If you think Bill Press is as entertaining as Rush, THAT'S fucking hilarious. I wasn't saying that conservative talk was wonkish but righties would listen to it, I was saying that leftie talk is wonkish and lefties won't listen to it.

Big difference.

if thats your standard then I guess we see why Fox's silly little Daily Show rip off didn't get very far, eh?

Righties would listen to a skipping CD as long as they heard "blame liberals". I don't think thats really saying much.

You telling me

Damn Sealy what's the matter with you. Did you not just read what I wrote above. Obama 1260 was smack in the middle of liberal heaven. Maryland hasn't voted Republican since Christ was a corporal and Moses was running road guard. And in DC it was before that. They had a perfectly good signal. It could be heard all over DC. Before the election, it had decent listenership. They advertised the hell out of it. They even advertised on the conservative stations. After the election, all your fellow left wingers went back to listening to Alternative music stations.

Face it, the people that vote like you are just looking to be entertained. They aren't interested in understanding issues. You can see that on here. Look at all the lefties quoting something off the John Stewart show as if it has any relevance in serious political discussion. Now, if you could program 12 hours of John Stewart type shows on the radio, you would get your fellow lefties to support a station and make it popular. But you aren't going to get lefties to sit and listen to 12 hours of mind bendingly boring policy wonk shit from Bill Press or Rachel Maddow or whomever.

You find more truth on the Daily Show than you do Rush or Fox or Hannity or O'Reilly.

But some of what you say is true. Liberals just don't care as much as rabid right wingers do. That's most likely true.

Just look at how you guys convinced us that you were the moral majority and you ended up only being the moral minority.

You sure scream loud enough that people listen.

For example, a very small percentage of right wingers complained and they got Howard Stern booted off the air.

Perfect example of how the right doesn't care about profits. If you speak out against them, they'll choose to lose the market share, just so the message doesn't get out.

Howard was bashing Bush every day before they took him off the air.

And he didn't discuss anything any worse than what Oprah has said, yet he got fined???

Liberal media my ass.

thats fucking hilarious.

Big difference.

if thats your standard then I guess we see why Fox's silly little Daily Show rip off didn't get very far, eh?

Righties would listen to a skipping CD as long as they heard "blame liberals". I don't think thats really saying much.

You guys are always so quick to play the victim.

You won. You control everything. Will you not be satisfied until no one can say anything against your side? Perhaps you would be happier with every right winger in a gulag?

think thats the point....Conservative radio is entairtainment while liberal radio is boring and a travesty to listen too hence they get no ratings.

Let's say that conservative talk radio is entertainment that requires little thought so the right likes it. Liberal radio is more insightful and makes you think so liberals like it. As to the ratings you also wrong. In any market where Randy Rhodes went against Rush, she had higher ratings. Now he won't let his show be played at the same time.

To say it's boring and a travesty because you don't like it is self centered arrogance.

Rush is more than entertainment. He has brainwashed a generation of his ditto heads to hate the left and believe that the only real patriots are right wingers. That isn't entertainment, that's more what the boys in Germany did. Rush is an effective propagandist for the right. As Bush said if you catapult the propaganda -------

Bingo! Randi Rhodes beats Rush in some markets.

So that, as well as the right kicking Howard Stern off the air, proves that ratings and money are not their only concern.

The right pretends that if they could sell Randi Rhodes, they would.

But then consider how much advertising costs during an election. It is obvious that keeping progressives off the air sometimes trumps profits.

Because there is a huge untapped market being ignored. I guarantee if they syndicated Randi Rhodes, she would be very popular.

PS. Ed Schultz is back on Washington DC radio. He got a few callers from the new territory yesterday, and they were conservatives. Typical ones too. All of them were suggesting that the government should not bail out home owners.

And they were using the same old tired arguments. "No one cut me a break, I did the right thing, why are people being rewarded, blabla waaaa waaaaa!!!"

Big difference.

You guys are always so quick to play the victim.

You won. You control everything. Will you not be satisfied until no one can say anything against your side? Perhaps you would be happier with every right winger in a gulag?

Project much? Just because we couldn't question bush for 2 years beyond 9-11, does not mean you can't question us.

PS. Obama has only been president from 1-20 to 2-20. I guess the honeymoon is over? That was quick. LOL.

and once again...just like ALL of yours posts you are wrong.

It's not interpetation...its fucking fact...want to know why? Cause lib stations are dropping faster then your daughters skirt on prom night.

DC just lost their Liberal station in Washington D.C of all fucking places.

In NYC...the conservative talk dominated the air waves in ratings.

also, dick head, Rush and Rhodes never went head to head so shows how much you know.

Rush is on from 12-3 and rhodes was on from 3-7 I believe....It's 2 totally different markets because she also gets the drive home crowd

Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of 2006[update], Arbitron ratings indicated that The Rush Limbaugh Show had a minimum weekly audience of 13.5 million listeners, making it the largest radio talk show audience in the United States

Also Air America pulled Rhodes fo rher comments...rush had nothing to do with it.

And conservative talk is entairtainment which is why it gets ratings...and the drivel you are crying for goes on the air and is off 30 days later cause no one wants to listen to it...not even the fucking liberals

Forum List

Back