Fairness Docrine Coming Back?

PS. Ed Schultz is back on Washington DC radio. He got a few callers from the new territory yesterday, and they were conservatives. Typical ones too. All of them were suggesting that the government should not bail out home owners.

And they were using the same old tired arguments. "No one cut me a break, I did the right thing, why are people being rewarded, blabla waaaa waaaaa!!!"

and ed schultz gets dominated by the conservative station ever day in DC

funny how that works

and what eas schultz response to that?

Because its your duty to use your money to people who fucked up their lives?

Let's just focus on Radio.

Here are the top 250. Way too many are Conservative. These numbers do not represent fair and balanced. Now we don't want to bring back the fairness doctrine, but the new Obama FCC is going to even these numbers out a bit.

You telling me

Rush, Hannity, Savage, Shlessenger, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingram, Dave Ramsey, Lou Dobbs, Mancow make up the top 9? Bullshit. Not if you gave any of our people a shot, we would at least have someone in the top 5. So you are suggesting that there is no market out there for even one or two liberals? Instead, you have 2 conservatives sharing the same audience, etc. Talk about a missed opportunity. There's a whole untapped market out there waiting! What a huge audience! So the FCC needs to take a good licence away from Rupert Murdoc and give it to Soros or some other rich liberal. Given an equal opportunity, and a bit of the truth, and we will beat Rush out for #1.

You're telling me that not one liberal is in the top 9? Not Thom Hartmann, Ed Schultz, Stephanie Miller, Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, etc?

Maybe if we give them a good station and let them try. Ok?

Damn Sealy what's the matter with you. Did you not just read what I wrote above. Obama 1260 was smack in the middle of liberal heaven. Maryland hasn't voted Republican since Christ was a corporal and Moses was running road guard. And in DC it was before that. They had a perfectly good signal. It could be heard all over DC. Before the election, it had decent listenership. They advertised the hell out of it. They even advertised on the conservative stations. After the election, all your fellow left wingers went back to listening to Alternative music stations.

Face it, the people that vote like you are just looking to be entertained. They aren't interested in understanding issues. You can see that on here. Look at all the lefties quoting something off the John Stewart show as if it has any relevance in serious political discussion. Now, if you could program 12 hours of John Stewart type shows on the radio, you would get your fellow lefties to support a station and make it popular. But you aren't going to get lefties to sit and listen to 12 hours of mind bendingly boring policy wonk shit from Bill Press or Rachel Maddow or whomever.

You find more truth on the Daily Show than you do Rush or Fox or Hannity or O'Reilly.

But some of what you say is true. Liberals just don't care as much as rabid right wingers do. That's most likely true.

Just look at how you guys convinced us that you were the moral majority and you ended up only being the moral minority.

You sure scream loud enough that people listen.

For example, a very small percentage of right wingers complained and they got Howard Stern booted off the air.

Perfect example of how the right doesn't care about profits. If you speak out against them, they'll choose to lose the market share, just so the message doesn't get out.

Howard was bashing Bush every day before they took him off the air.

And he didn't discuss anything any worse than what Oprah has said, yet he got fined???

Liberal media my ass.

Well, now you are into the culture wars and I'm just as often, or maybe most often, on the opposite side as the "cultural conservatives." As far as I can tell, that's the kind of "conservative" Bush was.

I'm more from the "fiscal conservative" build a big bad military but don't use it much and shrink government branch of the right wing.

Socially, I'm left of center except I part with the Dems where they want me to pay for a bunch of shit. As far as I'm concerned, you can have all the abortions you want, but don't expect me to pay for them. I liked Howard. Listened to him every day. I didn't follow him to Sirius though. Maybe I would have, but we have a viable alternative here.

As far as the Daily show vs. the other three.....I wouldn't know about Hannity or O'Reilly, can't stand to listen to more than 5 minutes of either. I hardly ever get to hear Rush anymore. Nothing I had to say about him would be of current value. You know how Jackie Mason used to say the Jews knock on him was the he was "too Jewish?" That's kinda how I feel about Stewart.....too Liberal. His jokes and points are a little too obvious. Not saying it isn't funny sometimes...but really it's a bit over the top.

PS. Ed Schultz is back on Washington DC radio. He got a few callers from the new territory yesterday, and they were conservatives. Typical ones too. All of them were suggesting that the government should not bail out home owners.

And they were using the same old tired arguments. "No one cut me a break, I did the right thing, why are people being rewarded, blabla waaaa waaaaa!!!"

funny how that works

What station is Shultz on in DC? I think I heard a rumble someplace that they were thinking of putting him on WTNT, but he isn't there yet. I wonder who they would pull from that line up. Hopefully Mancow. That's a dreadful show. Practically unlistenable.

I'm starting to like Monica Crowley except for her voice. Certainly better than Hannity. I like how she refers to the stimulus as the Trillion dollar crap sandwich every time. Makes me smile.

think thats the point....Conservative radio is entairtainment while liberal radio is boring and a travesty to listen too hence they get no ratings.

That's your interpretation, and I know you have been wrong from past posts.

Let's say that conservative talk radio is entertainment that requires little thought so the right likes it. Liberal radio is more insightful and makes you think so liberals like it. As to the ratings you also wrong. In any market where Randy Rhodes went against Rush, she had higher ratings. Now he won't let his show be played at the same time.

This is more of the right trying to hide from other opinions.

To say it's boring and a travesty because you don't like it is self centered arrogance.

Rush is more than entertainment. He has brainwashed a generation of his ditto heads to hate the left and believe that the only real patriots are right wingers. That isn't entertainment, that's more what the boys in Germany did. Rush is an effective propagandist for the right. As Bush said if you catapult the propaganda -------

and once again...just like ALL of yours posts you are wrong.

It's not interpetation...its fucking fact...want to know why? Cause lib stations are dropping faster then your daughters skirt on prom night.

DC just lost their Liberal station in Washington D.C of all fucking places.

In NYC...the conservative talk dominated the air waves in ratings.

also, dick head, Rush and Rhodes never went head to head so shows how much you know.

Rush is on from 12-3 and rhodes was on from 3-7 I believe....It's 2 totally different markets because she also gets the drive home crowd

Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of 2006[update], Arbitron ratings indicated that The Rush Limbaugh Show had a minimum weekly audience of 13.5 million listeners, making it the largest radio talk show audience in the United States

Also Air America pulled Rhodes fo rher comments...rush had nothing to do with it.

And conservative talk is entairtainment which is why it gets ratings...and the drivel you are crying for goes on the air and is off 30 days later cause no one wants to listen to it...not even the fucking liberals

Listen dipshit. You don't know when Randi is on. She's on at different times in different parts of the country.
You act like you know all the facts when you can't possibly, so stfu.

All things weren't fair for the liberal shows. Maybe those liberal shows weren't given as much of a chance as the conservative shows.

You accept the rights reason why the lefty shows were cancelled. We know they are lying. We'll get to prove it too, now that we control the airwaves, not Bush.

Remember it was Powell's asshole son they put in charge of the FCC? He's the cock sucker who got Howard Stern thrown off the air.

One things for sure, you right wingers love to hear hate speech about the left as much as I love to listen to lefty talk discuss how you guys ruined the fucking country.

Progressives like Randi Rhodes helped Obama win. They helped him beat Hillary and for sure helped him with McCain.

McCain was putting out a lie per day, and only my liberal shows were calling him out on it.

Liberal media my ass.

funny how that works

What station is Shultz on in DC? I think I heard a rumble someplace that they were thinking of putting him on WTNT, but he isn't there yet. I wonder who they would pull from that line up. Hopefully Mancow. That's a dreadful show. Practically unlistenable.

I'm starting to like Monica Crowley except for her voice. Certainly better than Hannity. I like how she refers to the stimulus as the Trillion dollar crap sandwich every time. Makes me smile.

Yes, I think it is Freedom 570 TNT. He isn't my favorite, but he's pretty good. He used to be a conservative by the way.

My point was about leftie talk radio. If you think Bill Press is as entertaining as Rush, THAT'S fucking hilarious. I wasn't saying that conservative talk was wonkish but righties would listen to it, I was saying that leftie talk is wonkish and lefties won't listen to it.

Big difference.

if thats your standard then I guess we see why Fox's silly little Daily Show rip off didn't get very far, eh?

Righties would listen to a skipping CD as long as they heard "blame liberals". I don't think thats really saying much.

You guys are always so quick to play the victim.

You won. You control everything. Will you not be satisfied until no one can say anything against your side? Perhaps you would be happier with every right winger in a gulag?

Is that your offering for the Ironic Post of the Year award? I tellya, nothing says GULAG quite like keeping right wingers from hogging a national resource! Hey, i bet if you stomp your foot louder you can create a whole new radio frequency spectrum!

:cuckoo:

if thats your standard then I guess we see why Fox's silly little Daily Show rip off didn't get very far, eh?

Righties would listen to a skipping CD as long as they heard "blame liberals". I don't think thats really saying much.

You won. You control everything. Will you not be satisfied until no one can say anything against your side? Perhaps you would be happier with every right winger in a gulag?

Is that your offering for the Ironic Post of the Year award? I tellya, nothing says GULAG quite like keeping right wingers from hogging a national resource! Hey, i bet if you stomp your foot louder you can create a whole new radio frequency spectrum!

I love how the right wingers are conflicted on this issue too.

It is hard to stick with their argument that the media is liberal and at the same time argue against the fairness doctrine.

Because wouldn't the fairness doctrine help the right if the media was truly overwhelmingly liberal?

That's your interpretation, and I know you have been wrong from past posts.

Let's say that conservative talk radio is entertainment that requires little thought so the right likes it. Liberal radio is more insightful and makes you think so liberals like it. As to the ratings you also wrong. In any market where Randy Rhodes went against Rush, she had higher ratings. Now he won't let his show be played at the same time.

This is more of the right trying to hide from other opinions.

To say it's boring and a travesty because you don't like it is self centered arrogance.

Rush is more than entertainment. He has brainwashed a generation of his ditto heads to hate the left and believe that the only real patriots are right wingers. That isn't entertainment, that's more what the boys in Germany did. Rush is an effective propagandist for the right. As Bush said if you catapult the propaganda -------

It's not interpetation...its fucking fact...want to know why? Cause lib stations are dropping faster then your daughters skirt on prom night.

also, dick head, Rush and Rhodes never went head to head so shows how much you know.

Rush is on from 12-3 and rhodes was on from 3-7 I believe....It's 2 totally different markets because she also gets the drive home crowd

As of 2006[update], Arbitron ratings indicated that The Rush Limbaugh Show had a minimum weekly audience of 13.5 million listeners, making it the largest radio talk show audience in the United States

Also Air America pulled Rhodes fo rher comments...rush had nothing to do with it.

And conservative talk is entairtainment which is why it gets ratings...and the drivel you are crying for goes on the air and is off 30 days later cause no one wants to listen to it...not even the fucking liberals

Listen dipshit. You don't know when Randi is on. She's on at different times in different parts of the country.

All things weren't fair for the liberal shows. Maybe those liberal shows weren't given as much of a chance as the conservative shows.

You accept the rights reason why the lefty shows were cancelled. We know they are lying. We'll get to prove it too, now that we control the airwaves, not Bush.

Remember it was Powell's asshole son they put in charge of the FCC? He's the cock sucker who got Howard Stern thrown off the air.

One things for sure, you right wingers love to hear hate speech about the left as much as I love to listen to lefty talk discuss how you guys ruined the fucking country.

Progressives like Randi Rhodes helped Obama win. They helped him beat Hillary and for sure helped him with McCain.

McCain was putting out a lie per day, and only my liberal shows were calling him out on it.

Liberal media my ass.

Randi Rhodes did the 3pm-6pm time slow you fucking dunce, in fact I am pretty sure she did it out of West Palm beach...

Rush does the 12-3

so no, 2 different time slots you fucking imbicle....obviously she is on at different parts of the country at different times cause its not the same time everhwere you idiot.

However, the east coast is by far the dominant coast because of population and money and that is where they set their flagshhip stations too. Randi rhodes got the best time slot cause she got the drivber home people on the east coast and lunch people on the west coast.

They weren't given much of a chance...HEY JACKASS, MORON, IDIOT

It's BUSINESS...you don't get a chance...you either produce or you don't....why should a manager continue tolose money on the HOPE that one day you will turn it around and get ratings....thats not how the real world works.

I hope libsget their own stations in every market to compete against conservative radio...its happened b4 and they all fucking fold. Just like TV

Even today in your "LIBERAL UNITED STATES" fox news dominates MSNBC day in and day out.

explain that one to me genius

Project much? Just because we couldn't question bush for 2 years beyond 9-11, does not mean you can't question us.

PS. Obama has only been president from 1-20 to 2-20. I guess the honeymoon is over? That was quick. LOL.

So, what you are trying to say is that the fact that implementing a policy that will have the effect of shutting down some, if not all, right wing media on the radio is coincidental and not ACTUALLY intended to prevent debate from the right?

Yeah....and spaghetti grows on trees.

Yes, we can question you, softly to ourselves as long as no one is listening.

I love how the right wingers are conflicted on this issue too.

It is hard to stick with their argument that the media is liberal and at the same time argue against the fairness doctrine.

Because wouldn't the fairness doctrine help the right if the media was truly overwhelmingly liberal?

Not if it is limited to radio fool. Now, if you want to offer the fairness doctrine to apply to ALL media including TV, let's go! But, nobody is offering that. This is specifically geared to do one thing, shut down the voice from the right.

Hogging a resource?????? What planet are you from???

In this world you have to compete and win. If you fail, you don't get rewarded. You can't force people to listen to left wing radio. You may succeed in forcing it to be on the air (I mean more on the air than NPR), but you can't make anyone listen to it.

People like right wing radio. Just suck it up and let it be. You can win all the time. Unless you use government force to do it. It sounds like that's what you want to do....Chavez much????

Liberal media my ass.

Randi Rhodes did the 3pm-6pm time slow you fucking dunce, in fact I am pretty sure she did it out of West Palm beach...

Rush does the 12-3

so no, 2 different time slots you fucking imbicle....obviously she is on at different parts of the country at different times cause its not the same time everhwere you idiot.

However, the east coast is by far the dominant coast because of population and money and that is where they set their flagshhip stations too. Randi rhodes got the best time slot cause she got the drivber home people on the east coast and lunch people on the west coast.

They weren't given much of a chance...HEY JACKASS, MORON, IDIOT

It's BUSINESS...you don't get a chance...you either produce or you don't....why should a manager continue tolose money on the HOPE that one day you will turn it around and get ratings....thats not how the real world works.

I hope libsget their own stations in every market to compete against conservative radio...its happened b4 and they all fucking fold. Just like TV

Even today in your "LIBERAL UNITED STATES" fox news dominates MSNBC day in and day out.

explain that one to me genius

Listen up fool. Randi Rhodes was on out of Dearborn Mi from 3-6 but she was on at a different time on NOVA M Radio out of Ann Arbor.

And neither channel is strong. If it were good all over Michigan, she would kick Rush's ass.

And so would Thom Hartmann.

And as for Fox News vs MSNBC, bfd. MSNBC isn't a left wing station. It has left wing on it, but it also puts on your view too. So yes you hear the truth on MSNBC Rachel Maddow's show, but you also hear Pat Buchanan tell her/us why we are wrong.

He sounds just like you.

So you even get represented on MSNBC. But we don't get represented on Fox? Unfair.

The station owners tell Rachel Maddow what she can and can not talk about. They don't let her say things like, "the oil companies are gouging us", because the oil companies are advertisers.

Anyways, we know that the way the media is set up, the right's message is getting out there and the left's is not. And that doesn't serve the publics interest.

So it is time to break up the monopoly.

PS. I already admitted that right wingers are more into political talk than lefties are. That doesn't mean there isn't a huge market that isn't being ignored for political reasons.

Rachel Maddow is new. Give her time.

And yes, they did give Rush a hell of a lot of time. O'Reilly too. Hannity also. Savage too. All of them.

Time to bring back the Fairness Doctrine.

In this world you have to compete and win. If you fail, you don't get rewarded. You can't force people to listen to left wing radio. You may succeed in forcing it to be on the air (I mean more on the air than NPR), but you can't make anyone listen to it.

People like right wing radio. Just suck it up and let it be. You can win all the time. Unless you use government force to do it. It sounds like that's what you want to do....Chavez much????

They are the public's airwaves. Just like the roads. You can't tell us that only Toyota's can run on roads in Alabama, can you? Well that's what you are doing with radio.

What planet are you from? Of course our government will step in and break up the monopoly.

And this is why Clinton shouldn't have signed the MEdia Deregulations Act in 1996. The GOP suckered him into signing that. Why did they deregulate it? It was better before. Now 5 companies own all the media. You don't see a problem with that? You would if it were dems that owned it all.

Leftwing Nova M Radio Folds; Randi Rhodes MIA | NewsBusters.org
Alert Bill Press and the other liberals who want to re-institute the "Fairness Doctrine." The free market continues to be at work weeding out shows that most folks don't want to listen to. The latest casualty is Nova M radio which syndicated such shows as Randi Rhodes and Mike Malloy. The reports are now coming in fast and furious about the demise of Nova M so here is the latest from Brian Maloney of The Radio Equalizer:

Libtalk network Nova M Radio has been shut down, according to the attorney for Randi Rhodes, Robert V Gaulin of New York. This also brings Mike Malloy's syndicated program to an abrupt end as well, at least for now (update below: Malloy's camp is denying this will affect his show, All Access reports a new firm may assume this role).

Moments ago, Gaulin sent this letter to your Radio Equalizer:

Randi Rhodes’ on-air home for less than a year will shut its doors. In an email message of February 17th from counsel for Nova M Radio, Inc. to Randi’s entertainment attorney, Robert V. Gaulin, the company is said to have been advised to file for bankruptcy protection next week. All payroll deposits were reversed on Tuesday, leaving Nova’s employees unpaid for the past two weeks.

On Sunday, Nova received a letter from Mr. Gaulin asserting that the contract with Ms. Rhodes was terminated due to material breaches and other reasons. Ms. Rhodes had not broadcast for over a week prior to this time, a situation which was diplomatically referred to as a “problem” that was solely within Nova’s control to solve. A few days earlier, Sheldon Drobny, founder of Nova M, and a co-founder of Air America Radio, attempted suicide and is hospitalized in Chicago.

Mr. Gaulin indicated on Randi’s behalf that “We saw this coming, but are most saddened by the tragic news regarding Sheldon Drobny. Randi is devastated by the impact of these events upon her fiercely loyal audience, affiliates and sponsors. Discussions are already being conducted for Randi’s swift return to the air. Stay tuned…”

Wow! Double WOW!!! Meanwhile Randi Rhodes remains missing. The closest thing to a sighting is this message Randi Rhodes posted on her website:

TO ALL:

NOVA M RADIO HAS NOT YET CORRECTED THE PROBLEM THAT HAS KEPT ME OFF THE AIR DESPITE MY STRONG DESIRE AND READINESS TO BROADCAST MY SHOW. RESPECTING THE EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP THAT HAS EXISTED BETWEEN NOVA M AND ME, AND EXPECTING THE SOLUTION TO BE QUICKLY ACHIEVED, DETAILS OF THE TRIGGERING EVENT WERE WITHHELD IN GOOD FAITH. BUT I CAN TELL YOU THIS MUCH: ANY STATEMENT IMPLICATING ME AS BEING IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISRUPTION IN THE RANDI RHODES SHOW IS PATENTLY FALSE. THIS ENTIRE SITUATION IS SOLELY WITHIN THE CONTROL OF NOVA M.

IN LIGHT OF MOST RECENT DEVELOPMENTS, MY SHOW WILL BE SEEKING A NEW HOME. I WOULD ASK FOR YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE AND INDULGENCE IN RESPECTING MY RIGHTS DURING THIS TIME. YOUR UNWAVERING SUPPORT IS CHERISHED. THANK YOU.

RANDI RHODES

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.

Oops! Sorry. I accidentally channeled the movie "2010: Odyssey Two" but can you blame me? These bizarre radio events are happening so quickly that I almost feel like I am entering another space/time continuum.

So where in the world is Randi Rhodes? Is it time to place her photo on milk cartons or, perhaps, Ketel One bottles? Your humble correspondent is deeply concerned about Randi's future. You see, I was in large part responsible for kicking off the national radio career of Randi Rhodes. Back in 2003 Randi was unknown outside of South Florida. At the time I was "typing" up a movie review series called "Al Gore at the Movies," in which "Al Gore" would review different films. In July 2003 I, uh, I mean "Al Gore" wrote a review of "The Italian Job." Here are the comments about Randi Rhodes, then completely unknown nationally:

...I am happy to announce that I will soon be forming a Liberal News Network on cable. Right now I am in the process of shaking down, err, encouraging investors in this enterprise. Already I have Anita "Oreo Cookie" Drobny and her hubby committed to sink BUKU BUCKS into my media scheme.

WATCH OUT, RUSH LIMBAUGH! You're as good as off the air. No way you can stand up to our Liberal Talk Radio Host . . . whoever it may be.

Oops! Maybe I better not gloat like Terry McAuliffe until AFTER we destroy Rush in the ratings. But WHO can we get to defeat Rush? Al Franken's name has been bandied about the most but the only reason is that he added Rush's name to a book he wrote to get it noticed.

For some strange reason there just doesn't seem to be a popular liberal radio talk show host out there. Maybe the answer is to go for shock value and have people tune in a talk freak show for laughs. There actually is somebody qualified to be a freak talk radio host—Randi Rhodes of WJNO Radio in Palm Beach County, home of the infamous Butterfly Ballots where liberal Condo Commandos were so clueless that they ended up mistakenly taking votes away from me and casting them for the last person on earth they would support—Pat Buchanan.

Anyway, I have visited that county a few times since those Butterfly Ballots cost me the election and tuned in the Randi Rhodes show to check her out. One problem with her show is that WJNO has such low power that their signal sputters out and dies before it even gets near the Palm Beach County line.

If you can catch Randi Rhodes before the WJNO signal fades away, it is a truly amazing experience. We are talking about a FULL MOONER here. Randi has a conspiracy theory about almost everything including why she is not syndicated nationally (a right-wing conspiracy led by Rush Limbaugh is targeting her). To listen to Randi is like driving by a big car wreck. Horrible to look at but it definitely draws your attention such as Randi's assertion that her biggest fantasy in life is to give a "Lewinsky" to Bill Clinton aboard Air Force One. Even when Randi goes off the topic of politics, she still sounds NUTS. Randi is probably the last person on the planet to actually believe that OJ Simpson is searching the golf courses of the world in order to track down his ex-wife's killers.

Right now Randi's big topic is how she wants to be syndicated nationally. She knows that Anita Drobny of Anshell and myself are looking for a liberal radio talk show alternative to Rush Limbaugh. As a result, Randi is shamelessly promoting herself for this slot on the air to the extent of asking her listeners to call up the radio syndication services and plead her case.

Randi's desperation is really quite entertaining. The problem is that if I did hire Randi Rhodes for a national radio broadcast, she might mellow out and lose that nutty edge.

Therefore I plan to just string Randi along. I'll pretend that I am interested in her but that I also have to investigate the possibilities of other liberal talk show hosts. This is sure to make Randi even more desperate on the air. Then I will take the taped shows of Randi Rhodes begging to be syndicated and syndicate that nationally. It would be the radio equivalent of Jackass, The Movie. Folks will tune in to those taped Randi Rhodes shows for laughs. Although that shtick will wear out after a few weeks, it is sure to attract a big audience in the short term and allow me to declare victory over Rush Limbaugh.

Months after this excerpt appeared Randi Rhodes was hired by Air America, so you see I feel as if I have a proprietary interest in her career since I, or "Al Gore," helped to kick it off nationally. Hopefully Randi will soon reappear in public (and we hope that Sheldon Drobny will get better) but one wonders if she will use herself as an example of why we need the "Fairness Doctrine" in order to save liberal talk radio from the evil free market that does not reward programs with few listeners.

For those of you who have not yet had the "pleasure" of hearing Randi, check out this audio blast from the past that she probably doesn't want to be reminded about. It is a December 2004 interview with Bev Harris who claimed that she had voting machine information (Black Box Voting) that could overturn the results of the 2004 presidential election. An excited Randi had been excitedly plugging Harris for weeks to the extent of encouraging her listeners to donate money to BBV. However, after weeks of Bev Harris doing basically nothing, it finally dawned on Randi that she had been conned. This angry (but hilarious) interview, is the result.

They are the public's airwaves. Just like the roads. You can't tell us that only Toyota's can run on roads in Alabama, can you? Well that's what you are doing with radio.

What planet are you from? Of course our government will step in and break up the monopoly.

And this is why Clinton shouldn't have signed the MEdia Deregulations Act in 1996. The GOP suckered him into signing that. Why did they deregulate it? It was better before. Now 5 companies own all the media. You don't see a problem with that? You would if it were dems that owned it all.

ITS NOT A MONOPOLY YOU FUCKING DOLT

The stations have the right to broadcast whatever they want, and they broadcast what gives them rating....are you that simple minded to think that a station woul dgive a shit what it put on the air as long as it was ok by the fcc and brought in ratings.

If liberal talk did that they would air it....however time and time again liberal station shave folded....happened in the past, present and will in the future.

You are absolutely fucking wrong about being able to play what they want. Ask Howard Stern about that. Rating are not the last criteria for deciding what is allowed on the air. Thats just stupid as hell.

Local Radio Ownership Limit - The Commission retained the local radio ownership rule. That rule embodies the numerical caps set by Congress in 1996. The caps are based on a sliding scale that increases with the size of the local market. As a general rule, one entity may own (a) up to five commercial radio stations, not more than three of which are in the same service (i.e., AM or FM), in a market with 14 or fewer radio stations; (b) up to six commercial radio stations, not more than four of which are in the same service, in a market with between 15 and 29 radio stations; (c) up to seven commercial radio stations, not more than four of which are in the same service, in a radio market with between 30 and 44 radio stations; and (d) up to eight commercial radio stations, not more than five of which are in the same service, in a radio market with 45 or more radio stations.
2006 Review of the Media Ownership Rules

And, it's fucking hilarious to see you bitches IGNORE why frequencies are LICENSED instead of SOLD in the first fucking place.

Listen, dude.. if you find yourself running to NEWSBUSTERS then you have clearly failed this one.

ITS NOT A MONOPOLY YOU FUCKING DOLT

The stations have the right to broadcast whatever they want, and they broadcast what gives them rating....are you that simple minded to think that a station woul dgive a shit what it put on the air as long as it was ok by the fcc and brought in ratings.

If liberal talk did that they would air it....however time and time again liberal station shave folded....happened in the past, present and will in the future.

We already understand your opinion on this subject. I was trying to explain why you are wrong.

But instead, we are just going to have to show you.

I was wondering why Randi hasn't been on all week. I miss her. She is the best.

Then there's Thom Hartmann.

Anyways, it is obvious the airwaves are deluted with right wing talk. Most of the names, I don't even know who they are.

And it is silly for you to assume/think/suggest that there is room for O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, Rush, Savage and that there isn't enough room for one progressive to come in and be at least as popular as one or two of those people.

It's a lie, and you know it.

But I'd much rather the FCC and Reed/pelosi/Obama prove it to you by breaking up the monopoly. (no it isn't a monopoly, but close enough that it doesn't serve the publics interest to have the conversation be so one sided.

AND WRONG!!!! If your side was right, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The election proves that this country isn't what you guys suggested it was.

You are absolutely fucking wrong about being able to play what they want. Ask Howard Stern about that. Rating are not the last criteria for deciding what is allowed on the air. Thats just stupid as hell.

Local Radio Ownership Limit - The Commission retained the local radio ownership rule. That rule embodies the numerical caps set by Congress in 1996. The caps are based on a sliding scale that increases with the size of the local market. As a general rule, one entity may own (a) up to five commercial radio stations, not more than three of which are in the same service (i.e., AM or FM), in a market with 14 or fewer radio stations; (b) up to six commercial radio stations, not more than four of which are in the same service, in a market with between 15 and 29 radio stations; (c) up to seven commercial radio stations, not more than four of which are in the same service, in a radio market with between 30 and 44 radio stations; and (d) up to eight commercial radio stations, not more than five of which are in the same service, in a radio market with 45 or more radio stations.
2006 Review of the Media Ownership Rules

And, it's fucking hilarious to see you bitches IGNORE why frequencies are LICENSED instead of SOLD in the first fucking place.

Stop using all those facts dude. It's getting annoying. :lol:

I said as long as the show complies with FCC regulations and get ratings the program will always stay on the air...Stern kept breaking FCC regulations was his problem I guess....I don't even know cause I stopped listenting to him many years ago.

And as far as newsbusters...its not an opinion piece its a story of what happened...would you like an article from the NY times instead? I linked one in another thread

Forum List

Back