Expressions of Femme Power: Never being wrong

GotZoom said:
Looks like a personal experience to me. Notice the use of the words, "I" (twice) and "my."

As to being "nongeneralizable" - that is for you to decide.

You made a statement. I answered based on my experience.

If you are being this anal and argumentitve about this, I can see why certain women may react in a way that you could interpet as "pent up anger."

I never said it wasn't a personal experience.

I'm saying your experience doesn't necessarily refute my generalization.

Who's being argumentative?

rtwngAvngr said:
I never said it wasn't a personal experience.

I'm saying your experience doesn't necessarily refute my generalization.

Who's being argumentative?

Profound.

You have your opinions based on experience, I have mine based on my experiences.

Anyone could differ with what you are saying and you could say they are wrong.

That is why it's called an opinion.

Which, speaking of anal...is why they say opinions are like assholes.

Everyone has one.

GotZoom said:
Profound.

You have your opinions based on experience, I have mine based on my experiences.

Anyone could differ with what you are saying and you could say they are wrong.

That is why it's called an opinion.

Which, speaking of anal...is why they say opinions are like assholes.

Everyone has one.

So it's your opinion that only less than 5 women have projected their hate of a specific individual onto an entire gender?

rtwngAvngr said:
So it's your opinion that only less than 5 women have projected their hate of a specific individual onto an entire gender?

Here's where you are off - You made a generalization, yet you counter GZ's generalization beccause of his sample group? There's NO way you've experienced enough woman, free of charge, to come up with your conclusions.
:)

dmp said:
Here's where you are off - You made a generalization, yet you counter GZ's generalization beccause of his sample group? There's NO way you've experienced enough woman, free of charge, to come up with your conclusions.
:rotflmao:

dmp said:

Right, and I would expect argument to be of a similar speculative vein, not based on hard numbers. I will entertain objections such as these.

rtwngAvngr said:

English 101. Ok, here we go. You said:

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm just wondering how much femme power is actually just pent up hatred towards specific individuals being projected on an entire gender.

To which I responded:

Gotzoom said:
I can count on one hand the number of women I have met in my entire life that would fit into that description.

You wondered how many women fit a specific category.

I responded that I have personally met 5 women who did.

I didn't say you were wrong. I did not disagree with your statement. I simply said that I have personally met 5 that fit the category you defined.

rtwngAvngr said:
Right, and I would expect argument to be of a similar speculative vein, not based on hard numbers. I will entertain objections such as these.

Now who is exhibiting femme power?

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
GotZoom said:
English 101. Ok, here we go. You said:

To which I responded:

You wondered how many women fit a specific category.

I responded that I have personally met 5 women who did.

I didn't say you were wrong. I did not disagree with your statement. I simply said that I have personally met 5 that fit the category you defined.

I guess I interpreted your interpretation of your heavy handed study to indicate a general disagreement with my hypothesis. I didn't realize it was a data only transaction, free from interpretation of any kind.

rwa said:
I guess I interpreted your interpretation of your heavy-handed study to indicate a general disagreement with my hypothesis. I didn't realize it was a data-only transaction, free from interpretation of any kind.

You're getting on him (figuratively) because he repsonded (interpreted) YOUR assertation about women, based on HIS perspective?

Am I on Crazy Pills?

rtwngAvngr said:
I guess I interpreted your interpretation of your heavy handed study to indicate a general disagreement with my hypothesis. I didn't realize it was a data only transaction, free from interpretation of any kind.

In other words.....you assumed.

Which brings me back to one of my initial statements. I wonder how many women who are displaying this "femme power" (as misguided hatred) aren't really projecting it to a gender, but just a specific person they may be dealing with at that specific time.

GotZoom said:
In other words.....you assumed.
Yes. I assumed. But I'm glad to know you basically agree.
Which brings me back to one of my initial statements. I wonder how many women who are displaying this "femme power" (as misguided hatred) aren't really projecting it to a gender, but just a specific person they may be dealing with at that specific time.
...merely because they are of the hated gender.

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm sorry Shattered, but a woman's interpretation of what Femme Power means to her is of vital interest to me.

Okay - here it is, I guess. For starters - I don't want 'Power' per se . . .

1. I want the freedom to be treated as equally and fairly as possible within the dictates of my sex. IE - I accept I'm not as physically strong (pound per pound) as a lot of men - but I am physically strong in other ways . . . I have a better pain threshold than most men, I am more resistant to disease then my male counterparts, I will live longer and be less likely to commit suicide etc. If I do the same job as a man, I expect to be paid the same wage. Equally, if a man wants to work as a midwife - he's just as entitled as I am to do it. Why not?

2. I want the freedom to be respected for my differences. Just as I respect men (bless 'em ;) ) for their's. I do not object to being treated with courtesy and in my opinion, good manners are good manners and should be proffered whatever the sex, age, race, politics of the person concerned. I do not want the fact I have periods or am able to bear children or breast-feed to be used as a means of discriminating against me. Obviously, a pregnant woman cannot break rocks in a quarry or work as a taster of soft cheeses . . . < :happy2: > but differences should be celebrated and not treated with ignorance or disdain.

3. I want the freedom to be safe. To be able to wear what I want, when I want, without being thought of as available, or 'asking for it!'
I want to be able to walk the streets late at night without the fear of being attacked - this right shouldn't be restricted to women either - it should be the right of EITHER sex!!

4. I want the right to enjoy being a woman - just as men should enjoy being a man, without being stereo-typed or pigeon-holed. I like girlie things, make-up, perfume, pretty clothes, I also like my favourite pair of desert cami combat pants (worn with a belt !!!) nicked off my hubby after the first Gulf war. I feel just as feminine in either!

5. I want my voice to be heard just as loudly as a man's voice may be heard. There are more of us girls on the planet - but in nearly every single country in the world, the rules; legal, political, financial, religious, any damned thing you like . . . are dictated by and enforced by men!

I might think up some more later- but that'll do for starters! <G>

Forum List

Back