Expressions of Femme Power: Never being wrong

HopeandGlory said:
but in nearly every single country in the world, the rules; legal, political, financial, religious, any damned thing you like . . . are dictated by and enforced by men!

There's a reason for that - As a whole, "men" make MUCH better leaders.

:)

rtwngAvngr said:
...merely because they are of the hated gender.

*insert jet fumes*

No. I was actually referring to your personal experiences with women, and their reactions to you.

Just entertaining the possibility that your questioning their reaction to men as a gender isn't how they really act to men in general, but just how they react to you.

HopeandGlory said:
Okay - here it is, I guess. For starters - I don't want 'Power' per se . . .

1. I want the freedom to be treated as equally and fairly as possible within the dictates of my sex. IE - I accept I'm not as physically strong (pound per pound) as a lot of men - but I am physically strong in other ways . . . I have a better pain threshold than most men, I am more resistant to disease then my male counterparts, I will live longer and be less likely to commit suicide etc. If I do the same job as a man, I expect to be paid the same wage. Equally, if a man wants to work as a midwife - he's just as entitled as I am to do it. Why not?

2. I want the freedom to be respected for my differences. Just as I respect men (bless 'em ;) ) for their's. I do not object to being treated with courtesy and in my opinion, good manners are good manners and should be proffered whatever the sex, age, race, politics of the person concerned. I do not want the fact I have periods or am able to bear children or breast-feed to be used as a means of discriminating against me. Obviously, a pregnant woman cannot break rocks in a quarry or work as a taster of soft cheeses . . . < :happy2: > but differences should be celebrated and not treated with ignorance or disdain.

3. I want the freedom to be safe. To be able to wear what I want, when I want, without being thought of as available, or 'asking for it!'
I want to be able to walk the streets late at night without the fear of being attacked - this right shouldn't be restricted to women either - it should be the right of EITHER sex!!

4. I want the right to enjoy being a woman - just as men should enjoy being a man, without being stereo-typed or pigeon-holed. I like girlie things, make-up, perfume, pretty clothes, I also like my favourite pair of desert cami combat pants (worn with a belt !!!) nicked off my hubby after the first Gulf war. I feel just as feminine in either!

5. I want my voice to be heard just as loudly as a man's voice may be heard. There are more of us girls on the planet - but in nearly every single country in the world, the rules; legal, political, financial, religious, any damned thing you like . . . are dictated by and enforced by men!

I might think up some more later- but that'll do for starters! <G>

THis is all pretty reasonable. Do you think they should lower the physical
standards for cops and stuff so women qualify?

The ClayTaurus said:
The bolded portion, you retard. No play dates today? That why you're in here acting all unrighteously indignant?

It'll be ok. The horomones feel weird at first, but soon enough you'll be sashaying through TJMaxx with the girls.

HopeandGlory said:
1. ...I have a better pain threshold than most men, I am more resistant to disease then my male counterparts, I will live longer and be less likely to commit suicide etc.

Speculation. Why are men more likely to commit suicide? chances are they'd rather kill themselves than live with a woman who has the power to RUIN his life.

2. .... do not want the fact I have periods or am able to bear children or breast-feed to be used as a means of discriminating against me.

If women didn't try to use their period as an EXCUSE for craziness or otherwise bitchiness, then we'd have no problem. :) Breast-feeding in public? Go for it. Realize there's a good chance I do NOT want to see your tits. Use common-courtesy and attempt, at least, to cover yourself. ANYONE who takes issue with breast-feeding INFANTS in public probably has issues. If your child can WALK then please don't breast-feed in public, cuz that's just gross. :)

but differences should be celebrated and not treated with ignorance or disdain.

Indeed.

3. I want the freedom to be safe. To be able to wear what I want, when I want, without being thought of as available, or 'asking for it!'
I want to be able to walk the streets late at night without the fear of being attacked - this right shouldn't be restricted to women either - it should be the right of EITHER sex!!

If women dress slutty, expect to be thought/called a slut. I wish Common Sense was a 'right'. If a woman doesn't have sense enough to NOT dress like a slut, then go walking down a dark alley late at night all the rights in the world won't help her.

4. I want the right to enjoy being a woman - just as men should enjoy being a man, without being stereo-typed or pigeon-holed. I like girlie things, make-up, perfume, pretty clothes, I also like my favourite pair of desert cami combat pants (worn with a belt !!!) nicked off my hubby after the first Gulf war. I feel just as feminine in either!

You have that right already.

:D

GotZoom said:
*insert jet fumes*

No. I was actually referring to your personal experiences with women, and their reactions to you.

Just entertaining the possibility that your questioning their reaction to men as a gender isn't how they really act to men in general, but just how they react to you.

No. I have the ability to monitor interactions between two or more parties, both of which are not me. Man hate is ubiquitous.

rtwngAvngr said:
It'll be ok. The horomones feel weird at first, but soon enough you'll be sashaying through TJMaxx with the girls.
And you'll be jerking it off to it in your basement. And the circle of life continues.

The ClayTaurus said:
And you'll be jerking it off to it in your basement. And the circle of life continues.

Yes. A feminized version of you really turns me on! LOL.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. A feminized version of you really turns me on! LOL.
It's ok. It's a lovely defense mechanism. You can't get any ass, or at least keep any ass for more than the coyote ugly phase, and so you demonize anyone who can as being feminized. Replace "getting ass" with "nationalism" and note the similarities.

rtwngAvngr said:
THis is all pretty reasonable. Do you think they should lower the physical
standards for cops and stuff so women qualify?

No - I don't. A standard should be just that. A standard. I know several women who are pretty strong in their own right.

What I do think, however, is that more women should be admitted in areas where they can use their particular strengths and abilities. For instance, during WWII, SOE and some of the various resistance agencies working under-cover in occupied Europe, found that women made more effective operatives. They were more observant on the whole, gave more useful and detailed reports, were better at following orders and remaining incognito, sneakier, and often more ruthless on a one to one basis.

Perhaps it isn't a case of lowering standards, but altering parameters?

HopeandGlory said:
No - I don't. A standard should be just that. A standard. I know several women who are pretty strong in their own right.

What I do think, however, is that more women should be admitted in areas where they can use their particular strengths and abilities. For instance, during WWII, SOE and some of the various resistance agencies working under-cover in occupied Europe, found that women made more effective operatives. They were more observant on the whole, gave more useful and detailed reports, were better at following orders and remaining incognito, sneakier, and often more ruthless on a one to one basis.

Perhaps it isn't a case of lowering standards, but altering parameters?

Sure, as long as men get all the jobs where no crying is allowed.

The ClayTaurus said:
It's ok. It's a lovely defense mechanism. You can't get any ass, or at least keep any ass for more than the coyote ugly phase, and so you demonize anyone who can as being feminized. Replace "getting ass" with "nationalism" and note the similarities.

No. I demonize little brown nosing cowards as feminized. :dance:

dmp said:
Speculation. Why are men more likely to commit suicide? chances are they'd rather kill themselves than live with a woman who has the power to RUIN his life.

If women didn't try to use their period as an EXCUSE for craziness or otherwise bitchiness, then we'd have no problem. :)

Breast-feeding in public? Go for it. Realize there's a good chance I do NOT want to see your tits. Use common-courtesy and attempt, at least, to cover yourself. ANYONE who takes issue with breast-feeding INFANTS in public probably has issues. If your child can WALK then please don't breast-feed in public, cuz that's just gross. :)

If women dress slutty, expect to be thought/called a slut. I wish Common Sense was a 'right'. If a woman doesn't have sense enough to NOT dress like a slut, then go walking down a dark alley late at night all the rights in the world won't help her.

You have that right already.

It's a statistical fact. More men top themselves than women. Perhaps because we feel more responsible for our children, parents and partners?

Okay - PMS is used as an excuse by some - I stress some, women - but you ought to try it for a day . . . :) . . . it truly isn't fun.

Just, I guess, as SOME men use the 'male menopause' as an excuse to bunk-off and leave their families, while they drive off into the sunset with some woman half their age. Oh, and they're usually in some red, phallic sports-car, as they do it! ;)

Who mentioned breast-feeding in public? I didn't!

It must be similar or in actual fact, much worse, to see men adjusting themselves in public or scratching their nuts at the table in restaurants!

So, define slutty - one man - or woman's slutty is another man/woman's respectable. To an Amish, buttons are slutty!

Does a tight sweater or pair of tight jeans = slutty?

Do high heels? They do if you're a foot fetishist!

As for the right to enjoy being a woman . . . do we really have that right?

If I wear make-up, I'm a slut or a bimbo. If I don't, I'm a dyke. If I'm a blonde, I'm an airhead, if I'm a redhead (I am) then I'm a fiery shrew. Sorry, any woman knows we're more likely to have our characters judged on the strength of physical appearance than a man ever is!

HopeandGlory said:
It's a statistical fact. More men top themselves than women. Perhaps because we feel more responsible for our children, parents and partners?

Right - But did you know that women are more likely to ATTEMPT suicide??? it's just that men are more successfull. :)

Okay - PMS is used as an excuse by some - I stress some, women - but you ought to try it for a day . . . :) . . . it truly isn't fun.

I'm not really sure PMS exists...no more than the moods I happen to get into on occasion. :)

Just, I guess, as SOME men use the 'male menopause' as an excuse to bunk-off and leave their families, while they drive off into the sunset with some woman half their age. Oh, and they're usually in some red, phallic sports-car, as they do it! ;)

Women do that shit too, luv.

So, define slutty - one man - or woman's slutty is another man/woman's respectable. To an Amish, buttons are slutty!

Does a tight sweater or pair of tight jeans = slutty?

Do high heels? They do if you're a foot fetishist!

Don't play that game - you know very well what is or isn't slutty.

As for the right to enjoy being a woman . . . do we really have that right?

If I wear make-up, I'm a slut or a bimbo. If I don't, I'm a dyke. If I'm a blonde, I'm an airhead, if I'm a redhead (I am) then I'm a fiery shrew. Sorry, any woman knows we're more likely to have our characters judged on the strength of physical appearance than a ever man is!

See? You're doing it again. None of what you said is true - you are taking extremist viewpoints. Nobody calls 'make-up-wearing' slutty...But one can surely 'wear slutty make-up'. And you're fooling yourself Love. You (women) are NOT oppressed. Women are NOT judged more strongly than men; it's about even. Stop the playing/relishing the role of victim. You know what they say, Women have half the money, but all the pu_sy.

I <3 women...I REALLY do. I'd harp just as much upon ANYONE claiming their group is oppressed...except Native Americans...no OTHER group, besides christians MAYBE, in the history of the world has gotten SO screwed-over.

The ClayTaurus said:

'Getting ass' is not necessarily intertwined with ethnic homogeneity, racial homogeniety, cultural homogeniety, or perceived common history. It can crystalize around new positive values, around democratic institutions, tolerance, and individual rights. --RWA

w00t!!!1 :D

dmp said:
I <3 women...I REALLY do. I'd harp just as much upon ANYONE claiming their group is oppressed...except Native Americans...no OTHER group, besides christians MAYBE, in the history of the world has gotten SO screwed-over.

Warning: Attempted Threadjack

Native Americans haven't gotten screwed. They (we- I'm part Cherokee and Choctaw) lost. And the federal government still gives various Indian tribes their own land and special rights.

(I'm expecting DK to jump from the shadows now! :) )

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm just wondering how much femme power is actually just pent up hatred towards specific individuals being projected on an entire gender.
I think that may be part of it. If a woman gets hurt by a particular man, especially her father or her lover, she may turn against all men. But I don't necessarily think all feminists are feminists/feminazis bc of this.

mom4 said:
I think that may be part of it. If a woman gets hurt by a particular man, especially her father or her lover, she may turn against all men. But I don't necessarily think all feminists are feminists/feminazis bc of this.

I agree.

dmp said:
Right - But did you know that women are more likely to ATTEMPT suicide??? it's just that men are more successfull. :)

I'm not really sure PMS exists...no more than the moods I happen to get into on occasion. :)

Women do that shit too, luv.

Don't play that game - you know very well what is or isn't slutty.

See? You're doing it again. None of what you said is true - you are taking extremist viewpoints. Nobody calls 'make-up-wearing' slutty...But one can surely 'wear slutty make-up'. And you're fooling yourself Love. You (women) are NOT oppressed. Women are NOT judged more strongly than men; it's about even. Stop the playing/relishing the role of victim. You know what they say, Women have half the money, but all the pu_sy.

I know women make more cry-for-help attempts than men do - it wasn't ever about being in a contest! I was just using the suicide example as one of the reasons women live longer then men! Sheesh!

I have NEVER claimed I'm oppressed. I live in the UK - we're about as free as you like over here. Have been for quite a while. I don't think of western women as victims nor do I relish the role of victim - who does?

Men and women ARE different, though. Physically, mentally, emotionally. Recognising that does not make me a victim. And historically, women have been oppressed. Fact - not feminazi-ism or over-emotionalisation!

As for your last statement - surely Christians have done a bit of victimisation of their own down through the centuries?

A rough estimate of 10 million people killed during the Witch-hunts and the Inquisition . . . and that's before we even start on the Crusades . . . .

Forum List

Back