‘Explosive documents’ connect Christie, bridge scandal

I agree that it will have faded by mid-2016 because by then there will be someone else as the front runner for the GOP nomination. I actually liked Christie for the Republican ticket myself but with this albatross he is never going to make it through the primaries. He is in a no win situation because even if he is not implicated his judgment on picking staff has taken a massive walloping. There is simply no way for him to win over the primary voters with a track record of hiring people who are going end up being criminally indicted. Too many alternatives out there without the baggage.

Actually, Derideo, he should win over people with his willingness to correct mistakes, even if that means firing people, which he did. Have you seen Obama fire anyone over the slew of scandals swirling around him?

I would concur with you, were they scandals, but not a single one of them is.

Lets review.

On September 11, 2012 the consulate in Benghazi was attacked, four men were killed in the attack. The Obama administration refused to acknowledge that this attack was indeed perpetrated by terrorists for fear of being damaged politically by this revelation. Obama, Hillary, and Susan Rice all told the American public that Benghazi was the result of a video, nothing but a spontaneous protest, not a terrorist attack. However in the past few days, revelations have come to light that a) It was a terrorist attack, b) Obama, Hillary and co. ignored military officials from AFRICOM telling them that this was a terrorist attack, c) it was not a spontaneous protest, d) they knew it was a terrorist attack, and e) that AQAP and the Mohamed Jamal Network took part in the September 11, 2012 attacks. Scandal number 1.

Next Obama introduced, campaigned on, and got passed the PPACA ("Obamacare"). Before and after it's signage, Obama repeatedly promised (36 times in fact) that people could keep their doctors and their plans after Obamacare took effect. When October 1st rolled around, 6.4 million people lost their insurance and subsequently their doctors. He also insisted that premiums would decrease by as much as $2,500, but as the plan took effect, the opposite came true. Scandal number 2.

Then, it came to light that the IRS was intentionally targeting Tea Party groups for unnecessary audits during the past two election cycles. Lies abounded, nobody took responsibility, until it was discovered that Lois Lerner was the mastermind behind the targeting. In a congressional interview, she pleaded the 5th and refused to answer any questions, she abruptly retired, and nobody was noticeably disciplined for their actions. As of today, the Department of Justice concluded in a so-called "investigation" that there was no evidence of criminal wrongdoing in the targeting. Tea Party Partriots and the ACLJ responded that they were not contacted by the FBI concerning said investigation. Scandal number 3.

In the same year, it came to light that the NSA had raided the offices of the Associated Press and went after Fox News anchor James Rosen for his report on North Korea's nuclear program. The uproar over this issue continues. Scandal number 4.

Also in that same year, it was revealed by former NSA agent Edward Snowden that the NSA itself had been collecting the cell phone data of nearly 300 million American citizens, on top of spying on world leaders such as German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Scandal number 5.

In 2012, Border Agent Brian Terry was killed in the line of duty by a member of a Mexican drug cartel. The weapon used was sold as part of a drug running ring dubbed "Fast and Furious." Further facts indicate that nearly 2,000 weapons were sold and sent across the border in the 2 year operation for almost $1.5 million. Scandal number 6.

In hindsight, these are scandals. To say otherwise is foolish and naive.

Last edited:
Yeah, because Obama never disrupts Los Angeles, does he Comrade?

{ BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- President Barack Obama landed in Los Angeles Monday evening, which meant some traffic backups for commuters.

The president arrived in Los Angeles behind schedule around 5:30 p.m., just in time for the evening commute.

The president's motorcade rolled through the streets of Beverly Hills. Several of the Westside's busiest streets came to complete standstills.

"Love the president, but does he really have to close down all the intersections at 6 p.m. at night when everyone has to come home from work?" said Linda Spiegel of Beverly Hills.}

President Obama's arrival ties up Westside traffic | abc7.com

7 visits to LA in 2013 - 7 major disruptions.

But you fucknut whackjobs don't care - party above all....

Published: September 27, 1988

President Reagan's visit to the United Nations yesterday seriously disrupted traffic along a 30-block stretch of the East Side of Manhattan.

More traffic problems were expected today as Mr. Reagan, who stayed overnight in New York City after his speech to the General Assembly, was scheduled for a series of talks with foreign officials. Traffic officials urged motorists to avoid the East Side today until after the President's scheduled departure in midafternoon.

This proves how asinine people are being about this issue. Somehow we think causing a traffic jam is now akin to committing a mortal sin. Sigh. Grow up the lot of you.
Indeed. How many jams did Obama create? Bush? ANY other POTUS?

It's asinine.

President Reagan's visit to the United Nations yesterday seriously disrupted traffic along a 30-block stretch of the East Side of Manhattan.

More traffic problems were expected today as Mr. Reagan, who stayed overnight in New York City after his speech to the General Assembly, was scheduled for a series of talks with foreign officials. Traffic officials urged motorists to avoid the East Side today until after the President's scheduled departure in midafternoon.

This proves how asinine people are being about this issue. Somehow we think causing a traffic jam is now akin to committing a mortal sin. Sigh. Grow up the lot of you.

It's asinine.

1503316_10152173098046178_1081095173_n.jpg

Richard Nixon committed a small fraction of the Crimes that Obama and Clinton have perpetrated - Look what happenned to him. Clinton should have been shot ! Obama should be deported back to his own country - Kenya !

It's asinine.

1503316_10152173098046178_1081095173_n.jpg

Richard Nixon committed a small fraction of the Crimes that Obama and Clinton have perpetrated - Look what happenned to him. Clinton should have been shot ! Obama should be deported back to his own country - Kenya !
Goes to show too many are simple minded and easily distracted. Good form. This Christie issue isn't an issue at all.

I am a republican. Christie is more moderate on some issues than I personally support- but anyone who would basically give a democrat a vote by abstaining because he, Christie, gets the RNC nomination deserves the democrat they get.

The idea that you completely ignore the primary season being there for your vote of conscience is absurd- that is where we duke it out amongst ourselves- at the end of the day we pull together and get the consensus guy/gal in! That's the system and if that had been in play the last election cycle we'd not be under the progressive oppressive regime we now suffer!

I understand your point, but I am not a Republican. I don't vote in GOP primaries and am crossing party lines if I do vote GOP.

I left the GOP when they decided to become the DNC lite, and nominated George HW Bush. I've only voted for one Republican presidential nominee since, Mitt Romney, and only because Barack Obama is the worst president in a hundred years and perhaps the most corrupt president in history. A pile of dog shit on the rug of the oval office would lead the country more effectively and intelligently than Obama has. So anyone, including Romney, was an improvement.

I don't view Hillary or even Biden (the more likely candidate) with as much disdain as I have for the Chicago criminal, the flouncing fairy of 1600 Penn.

I maintain that you don't get traditional conservative ideas (lower taxes smaller government) by EVER allowing a democrat to get elected to the presidency. GHWB may have been an unsatisfactory president, but it would seem by your analysis of Obama, he was better than him? And Hillary is a two-faced conniving biatch "what difference does it make" sums her up pretty well.

I know this- I will use the system as the system allows me to use it. I will work hard to keep out these arm chair liberal theorists who can't lead the way out of a soggy paper-bag.

Say all you want about Christie's moderate positions- the man can make decisions and is not afraid to own his crap and lead towards prosperity- and at the end of the day we all want the freedom to prosper.

It's asinine.

One is too many.

Okay, I don't care who y'all are. That right there (the pink) was funny.

Tell me BD, when was the last time a leftist campaigned on an actual issue?

They went after Herman Cain on sexual questions - demagoguery

They went after Romney on a 47% remark - demagoguery

They went after Rand Paul on a quote in a speech - demagoguery

They go after Christie for a traffic jam - you guessed it, more demagoguery.

So you tell me, what do the shameful piles of shit known as democrats have to offer America OTHER than demagoguery? :dunno:

I'm curious who you think this "They" are.

frankly, most of these things sound like pretty legitimate issues about the integrity and attitudes of candidates.

If Romney really has nothing but contempt for 47% of Americans (and falsely believes they don't pay taxes or work) that's kind of an important thing to find out. And if he really believed that, why did he only say that kind of stuff to his fellow rich people?

So you tell me, what do the shameful piles of shit known as democrats have to offer America OTHER than demagoguery? :dunno:

I'm curious who you think this "They" are.

frankly, most of these things sound like pretty legitimate issues about the integrity and attitudes of candidates.

If Romney really has nothing but contempt for 47% of Americans (and falsely believes they don't pay taxes or work) that's kind of an important thing to find out. And if he really believed that, why did he only say that kind of stuff to his fellow rich people?

And, of course, there is the delicious irony of fate that Mitt Romney himself landed at:

47.15%.

Ahhh, kismet....

:D

hes your asshole not ours

You've been gone a long time, TM. Leftwingers are the ones who have been making happy sighs about him.

He is the best the GOP has right now, particularly with the Battle Grande that is occurring between the TP and Rove. Will Karl keep the crazies out of the Primaries this time?

I DOUBT IT!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure that 2014 is the place to fight that battle.

More than likely the GOP will make some gains, with or without teabaggers.

The real question is, will they still have steam going into the 2016 election.

More irony!

hes your asshole not ours

You've been gone a long time, TM. Leftwingers are the ones who have been making happy sighs about him.

He is the best the GOP has right now, particularly with the Battle Grande that is occurring between the TP and Rove. Will Karl keep the crazies out of the Primaries this time?

I DOUBT IT!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Christie was Rove's protege and needless to say Christie would have been heavily supported by Rove's devious money shenanigans to purchase the primary and the election. Right now that plan might not play out as intended.

I DOUBT IT!

I'm not sure that 2014 is the place to fight that battle.

More than likely the GOP will make some gains, with or without teabaggers.

The real question is, will they still have steam going into the 2016 election.

2014 is the pivot election. If the GOP does well the TP will claim the credit and demand that their candidate must be at the top of the ticket in 2016. On the other hand if the GOP does poorly the establishment Republicans will use that as a lever to regain control of the party.

Of those 2 scenarios the likelihood of the GOP doing well in 2014 has a long historical precedent to back up that expectation. If the economy stagnates and/or the ACA runs into trouble again the GOP will have a good election.

The odds of failure for the GOP are much lower. The Dems would have to out fund raise the GOP and mobilize voter turnout on an unprecedented scale and not have any economic woes in the next 9 months. That trifecta is unlikely in my opinion.

Christie blew it. Simple and done. Let's move on to the hilarity ( take out the 't' ) of the clown car. Santorum: thinks chastity belts are in the female future. Cruz: can't stop grinning the pure and upright into imbecility. Bachmann from some Women's Correctional Institute will run. Naughty Nicky from the next state to secede shant miss this opportunity. Scott Walker looks too stoned to be a serious contender. I see several more. Mr. Personhood hisownself Paul Ryan, might get some southern votes even though he's "catlick." Rand Paul can't keep his hair from leaking into his brain. He's out. Marco Polo never had a shot. Jeb's wife may be that hated illegal. Y'all got problems.

John F. Kennedy’s first run for Congress in 1946, his father, Joe Kennedy, to help his son’s chances in the Democratic primary, allegedly paid a man named Joseph Russo to run — greatly reducing the chances of the other Joseph Russo who was already running in the primary.

1960, when the Kennedy campaign spread word that Vice President Nixon had secretly pocketed money from billionaire Howard Hughes. Soon after, a break-in occurred at the Nixon accountant's old office - and the Kennedys suddenly acquired a thick file filled with secret records documenting Nixon's shady deal. A burglary report with the police was filed, but the crime was never solved. The scandal that brought down President Richard Nixon and led to the conviction of 43 people began on June 17, 1972, when five people broke into the Democratic National Committee headquarters in the Watergate office complex. To this day he is regarded as the most devious President in History, yet all he did was to use tactics that had been used against him.

In 2000, false rumors were spread in South Carolina that John McCain’s adopted Bangladeshi daughter was his illegitimate offspring. In 2013 Newscasters ridiculed Republican Mit Romneys adopted Black Grand Child.

In his first election to the Senate, Lyndon Baines Johnson overcame a 20,000-vote deficit in a primary runoff election thanks to votes that, as biographer Robert A. Caro and others have argued, were manufactured. Most famously, 202 Mexican-American voters, some already deceased, cast ballots in alphabetical order at the last minute on election day in Jim Wells County.

Two Democratic Party officials in Michigan’s Oakland County admitted to putting fake Tea Party candidates on the ballot without those candidates’ knowledge — in an attempt to split the Republican vote.

On the eve of the 2000 presidential election, the Republican National Committee’s website was hacked to display an anti-Bush message and a link to Al Gore’s campaign website.

Dirty Tricks and political thuggery are the accepted norm within the Sociofacist Democratic Party - But let a rightwinger engage in them and the Media is on it like flies on Sh*it.

Last edited:
John F. Kennedy’s first run for Congress in 1946, his father, Joe Kennedy, to help his son’s chances in the Democratic primary, allegedly paid a man named Joseph Russo to run — greatly reducing the chances of the other Joseph Russo who was already running in the primary.

1960, when the Kennedy campaign spread word that Vice President Nixon had secretly pocketed money from billionaire Howard Hughes. Soon after, a break-in occurred at the Nixon accountant's old office - and the Kennedys suddenly acquired a thick file filled with secret records documenting Nixon's shady deal. A burglary report with the police was filed, but the crime was never solved. The scandal that brought down President Richard Nixon and led to the conviction of 43 people began on June 17, 1972, when five people broke into the Democratic National Committee headquarters in the Watergate office complex. To this day he is regarded as the most devious President in History, yet all he did was to use tactics that had been used against him.

In 2000, false rumors were spread in South Carolina that John McCain’s adopted Bangladeshi daughter was his illegitimate offspring. In 2013 Newscasters ridiculed Republican Mit Romneys adopted Black Grand Child.

In his first election to the Senate, Lyndon Baines Johnson overcame a 20,000-vote deficit in a primary runoff election thanks to votes that, as biographer Robert A. Caro and others have argued, were manufactured. Most famously, 202 Mexican-American voters, some already deceased, cast ballots in alphabetical order at the last minute on election day in Jim Wells County.

Two Democratic Party officials in Michigan’s Oakland County admitted to putting fake Tea Party candidates on the ballot without those candidates’ knowledge — in an attempt to split the Republican vote.

On the eve of the 2000 presidential election, the Republican National Committee’s website was hacked to display an anti-Bush message and a link to Al Gore’s campaign website.

Dirty Tricks and political thuggery are the accepted norm within the Sociofacist Democratic Party - But let a rightwinger engage in them and the Media is on it like flies on Sh*it.

In 2000, false rumors were spread in South Carolina that John McCain’s adopted Bangladeshi daughter was his illegitimate offspring.

By the George W. Bush campaign

Yeah, because Obama never disrupts Los Angeles, does he Comrade?

{ BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- President Barack Obama landed in Los Angeles Monday evening, which meant some traffic backups for commuters.

The president arrived in Los Angeles behind schedule around 5:30 p.m., just in time for the evening commute.

The president's motorcade rolled through the streets of Beverly Hills. Several of the Westside's busiest streets came to complete standstills.

"Love the president, but does he really have to close down all the intersections at 6 p.m. at night when everyone has to come home from work?" said Linda Spiegel of Beverly Hills.}

President Obama's arrival ties up Westside traffic | abc7.com

7 visits to LA in 2013 - 7 major disruptions.

But you fucknut whackjobs don't care - party above all....

This is about the abuse of power, TK. A traffic jam caused by the secret service to ensure the safety of the POTUS is a legitimate part of their job. Deliberately and maliciously snarling up traffic on the busiest bridge in the world for petty partisan politics is a criminal act. It is disingenuous to equate them in my opinion.

Forum List

Back