‘Explosive documents’ connect Christie, bridge scandal

Ya know... I just noticed something.

You know what that something is? It's the fact that "Bridgegate" is slowly fading as an issue. I've come to the conclusion that this entire thing will be an afterthought come 2016. I've noticed that how so far, nothing has come to light implicating Christie in this scandal.

I agree that it will have faded by mid-2016 because by then there will be someone else as the front runner for the GOP nomination. I actually liked Christie for the Republican ticket myself but with this albatross he is never going to make it through the primaries. He is in a no win situation because even if he is not implicated his judgment on picking staff has taken a massive walloping. There is simply no way for him to win over the primary voters with a track record of hiring people who are going end up being criminally indicted. Too many alternatives out there without the baggage.

I am not entirely sure of that.

However, if you take the Conservative vitriol being hurled at Christie just from within USMB as a sign of how things could be in the real world, then I would say that Christie is in a world of trouble.

Wait and see.

You know what that something is? It's the fact that "Bridgegate" is slowly fading as an issue. I've come to the conclusion that this entire thing will be an afterthought come 2016. I've noticed that how so far, nothing has come to light implicating Christie in this scandal.

I agree that it will have faded by mid-2016 because by then there will be someone else as the front runner for the GOP nomination. I actually liked Christie for the Republican ticket myself but with this albatross he is never going to make it through the primaries. He is in a no win situation because even if he is not implicated his judgment on picking staff has taken a massive walloping. There is simply no way for him to win over the primary voters with a track record of hiring people who are going end up being criminally indicted. Too many alternatives out there without the baggage.

Actually, Derideo, he should win over people with his willingness to correct mistakes, even if that means firing people, which he did. Have you seen Obama fire anyone over the slew of scandals swirling around him?

However, if you take the Conservative vitriol being hurled at Christie just from within USMB as a sign of how things could be in the real world, then I would say that Christie is in a world of trouble.

Wait and see.

I was sticking with TK's presumption of innocence premise. The 2nd shoe is waiting in the wings and once Wildstein's lawyer manages to cut a deal with the authorities on immunity all bets are off in my opinion.

Wait and see.

I was sticking with TK's presumption of innocence premise. The 2nd shoe is waiting in the wings and once Wildstein's lawyer manages to cut a deal with the authorities on immunity all bets are off in my opinion.

I am a very strong believer in innocent until proven guilty.

The fact that a number of high-powered DEMS in NJ are still very quiet tells me that something bigger is going on here.

By wait and see, I really do mean wait and see.

I bet that this is about big money, big, big money.

Actually, Derideo, he should win over people with his willingness to correct mistakes, even if that means firing people, which he did. Have you seen Obama fire anyone over the slew of scandals swirling around him?

I would concur with you, were they scandals, but not a single one of them is.

Christie's problem is not that he fired anyone but that he hired them in the first place. That will be the sticking point in my opinion.

NO...just re-assigned...

He fired General McChrystal for getting him laughed at.

Wait and see.

I am a very strong believer in innocent until proven guilty.

The fact that a number of high-powered DEMS in NJ are still very quiet tells me that something bigger is going on here.

By wait and see, I really do mean wait and see.

I bet that this is about big money, big, big money.

Having the pleasure of being governed by Christie I have a good read on him. His personality flip-flop is a giveaway that he is playing defense as opposed to his usual mode of offense. Changing his story is another. The lies in his press conferences are coming home to roost. (He alleged to have had no contact with Wildstein but there is a photo with him and Christie on 9/11/13 together with Gen Samson right in the middle of the GW bridge shutdown.)

So I am not claiming that he is guilty because the presumption of innocence still applies. But plausible deniability means that it must be plausible to begin with. That isn't happening.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

He fired General McChrystal for getting him laughed at.

Actually, he fired McChrystal for a lot of batshit crazy comments in the Rolling Stones interview, or better put, McChrystal resigned. Had McChrystal done that with any other President, he would have been fired as well.

But instead of losing his fouth stripe, which US military code requires that a General have for three years before leaving the service in order to keep the stripe, and the corresponding pay-level, Obama allowed him to keep his fourth stripe.

Okay, I don't care who y'all are. That right there (the pink) was funny.

Tell me BD, when was the last time a leftist campaigned on an actual issue?

They went after Herman Cain on sexual questions - demagoguery

They went after Romney on a 47% remark - demagoguery

They went after Rand Paul on a quote in a speech - demagoguery

They go after Christie for a traffic jam - you guessed it, more demagoguery.

So you tell me, what do the shameful piles of shit known as democrats have to offer America OTHER than demagoguery? :dunno:

So you tell me, what do the shameful piles of shit known as democrats have to offer America OTHER than demagoguery? :dunno:

Dude? It was funny. Nobody put my hand on the Bible and told me to tell you the whole truth. If you feel like cross-examining someone, go to the next name on your list. :thup:

It's the ONLY way they win with the unthinking Dumbasses that are allowed to vote...'Cult Of Personality'

Dare I? YOU BET...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0"]Living Colour - Cult Of Personality - YouTube[/ame]

Some libs DO campaign on actual issues. Themes. High sounding prose.

What they lack is any kind of dedication to principle.

So, instead of addressing (and attempting to refute) the IDEAS of guys like Herman Cain or Justice Thomas, they take cheap shots at them on the personal level.

I for one think Christie represents an easy target for the lefties. They first WANT him to be the opposition to Shrillary (their presumed selection), but then they want to make sure he is taken down a goodly number of notches. So, they go after this bridgegate shit. Do they require actual evidence that he even so much as knew what they were doing ahead of time? Nope.

I don't much care for Christie. I sure don't want him to be the GOP standard bearer in the months yet to come. But even though my political itch is satisfied by seeing his present troubles, i still recognize a left-wing hatchet job when THEY commit it. And I don't applaud them for it.

They are hackish.

This GOP scripted lie gets more exaggerated every time the Radical Right-wing idiots tell it! :eusa_liar:

Yeah, because Obama never disrupts Los Angeles, does he Comrade?

{ BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- President Barack Obama landed in Los Angeles Monday evening, which meant some traffic backups for commuters.

The president arrived in Los Angeles behind schedule around 5:30 p.m., just in time for the evening commute.

The president's motorcade rolled through the streets of Beverly Hills. Several of the Westside's busiest streets came to complete standstills.

"Love the president, but does he really have to close down all the intersections at 6 p.m. at night when everyone has to come home from work?" said Linda Spiegel of Beverly Hills.}

President Obama's arrival ties up Westside traffic | abc7.com

7 visits to LA in 2013 - 7 major disruptions.

But you fucknut whackjobs don't care - party above all....

Do you know the security protocol for ANY president, from EITHER party?

Didn't think so...

I would concur with you, were they scandals, but not a single one of them is.

I would like for you to prove otherwise then.

This GOP scripted lie gets more exaggerated every time the Radical Right-wing idiots tell it! :eusa_liar:

{ BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- President Barack Obama landed in Los Angeles Monday evening, which meant some traffic backups for commuters.

The president arrived in Los Angeles behind schedule around 5:30 p.m., just in time for the evening commute.

The president's motorcade rolled through the streets of Beverly Hills. Several of the Westside's busiest streets came to complete standstills.

"Love the president, but does he really have to close down all the intersections at 6 p.m. at night when everyone has to come home from work?" said Linda Spiegel of Beverly Hills.}

Published: September 27, 1988

President Reagan's visit to the United Nations yesterday seriously disrupted traffic along a 30-block stretch of the East Side of Manhattan.

More traffic problems were expected today as Mr. Reagan, who stayed overnight in New York City after his speech to the General Assembly, was scheduled for a series of talks with foreign officials. Traffic officials urged motorists to avoid the East Side today until after the President's scheduled departure in midafternoon.

Published: September 27, 1988

President Reagan's visit to the United Nations yesterday seriously disrupted traffic along a 30-block stretch of the East Side of Manhattan.

More traffic problems were expected today as Mr. Reagan, who stayed overnight in New York City after his speech to the General Assembly, was scheduled for a series of talks with foreign officials. Traffic officials urged motorists to avoid the East Side today until after the President's scheduled departure in midafternoon.

This proves how asinine people are being about this issue. Somehow we think causing a traffic jam is now akin to committing a mortal sin. Sigh. Grow up the lot of you.

Forum List

Back