Explosion in Downtown Kansas City

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police responded to an explosion downtown Thursday afternoon, near an alley at 17th and Grand Avenue. Officers responded to the call at 1:00 p.m.

According to police reports, witnesses stated they observed a man put an unknown item in the metal yellow clothing donation box in the parking lot of the Valero station. The man walked away and shortly after a large explosion was heard.

KCPD Bomb and Arson and KCFD are on scene investigating, and Grand is closed between 16th and 18th Streets.No injuries have been reported as of 2:30 p.m.

Police investigating explosion in downtown alley, Grand closed from 16th to 18th - NBCActionNews.com - Kansas City

A scumbag in general, even more so for putting it in the donation box.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-2-picture831-dramatic-gopher.gif

AMANDA!!!

KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police responded to an explosion downtown Thursday afternoon, near an alley at 17th and Grand Avenue. Officers responded to the call at 1:00 p.m.

According to police reports, witnesses stated they observed a man put an unknown item in the metal yellow clothing donation box in the parking lot of the Valero station. The man walked away and shortly after a large explosion was heard.

KCPD Bomb and Arson and KCFD are on scene investigating, and Grand is closed between 16th and 18th Streets.No injuries have been reported as of 2:30 p.m.

Police investigating explosion in downtown alley, Grand closed from 16th to 18th - NBCActionNews.com - Kansas City

I told this to a friend of mine who lives in Kansas City. She says the area is predominately strip clubs but that government buildings and businesses are not at all far away. No news as to whether the police suspect a domestic terror attack?

Last edited:
Why on earth do people randomly bomb places? It makes no sense.

Mostly because some people are just idiots. Look at the moron from times square. he had the location right, but not the bomb making skills. This guy seems to have gotten the device right, but not the location (maybe, to early to see what the perp was doing).

Once upon a time, 17th and Grand was where the Kansas City Star had its newsroom and printing press, way down underneath the city. I worked there as a copy boy when I was a teenager.

I think it will turn out this was a bomb. There just are not many reasons for a clothing donation box to explode. My guess is, someone was either testing the device to see if he had made it correctly, or lost his nerve whilst transporting it where he wanted it to go.

I think bombing is an especially cowardly form of arson/murder.

Possibly just a fashion humanitarian? I mean giving the poor LAST year's fashion? Ewwww.

Forum List

Back