I got a call from the Census

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I filled it out and returned it promptly, this time correctly identifying myself as "Hispanic-American" (my mom is Carioca and I found out recently this makes me Hispanic in the all knowing eyes of the US Gubbamint)

So last night I wasted 10 minutes of my life answering questions about "during March and April has anyone in your household ever lived in (fill in the blank)" I could not believe the permutation on where they thought we lived besides our home: in a tree house, on a farm, in a homeless shelter, in a youth hostel, in a tent on the Vilcabamba...etc

Good to know they take it seriously...I guess

They have this new invention called Caller ID. Use it and you'll never have to waste your time on the phone with anyone ever again.

So last night I wasted 10 minutes of my life answering questions about "during March and April has anyone in your household ever lived in (fill in the blank)" I could not believe the permutation on where they thought we lived besides our home: in a tree house, on a farm, in a homeless shelter, in a youth hostel, in a tent on the Vilcabamba...etc

How much of your life do you waste posting here?

I kept trying to cut the call short when it became ridiculously repetitive: I was on Broadway and Astro Place and I held the phone next to a police siren, then I stuck it in the drum of a street musician and the guy still kept asking me, "During March and April did you wife ever eat pistachio nuts while living in a tree house with a southern exposure?"

I lol'ed out loud

They have this new invention called Caller ID. Use it and you'll never have to waste your time on the phone with anyone ever again.

But that would mean I know the identity of those who call me Liberally! :eek:

Frank was (as usual) confused. He was contacted by the Sensus, an agency doing research on the amount of sense in the U.S. population. The longer one listens, the less sense they have. Frank must be on the bottom of the up-hill slope on the bell curve.

I filled it out and returned it promptly, this time correctly identifying myself as "Hispanic-American" (my mom is Carioca and I found out recently this makes me Hispanic in the all knowing eyes of the US Gubbamint)

Serves you right for being a smart ass....

You have also added to the political clout of Hispanic Americans

Frank was (as usual) confused. He was contacted by the Sensus, an agency doing research on the amount of sense in the U.S. population. The longer one listens, the less sense they have. Frank must be on the bottom of the up-hill slope on the bell curve.

As soon as you find out I'm Hispanic your racism burst forth Alien-like

I kept trying to cut the call short when it became ridiculously repetitive: I was on Broadway and Astro Place and I held the phone next to a police siren, then I stuck it in the drum of a street musician and the guy still kept asking me, "During March and April did you wife ever eat pistachio nuts while living in a tree house with a southern exposure?"

:eusa_hand:

You can afford pistachio nuts?

Clearly, you haven't been paying your taxes.

Serves you right for being a smart ass....

You have also added to the political clout of Hispanic Americans

Yes, I'm looking to become a spokesperson for my people

Aw, poor baby. And you just wasted another 10 minutes posting about it.

Sorry you had to spend 10 minutes fulfilling your civic duty. It sounds like such a harsh burden for you to bare. Hopefully next time your country needs you, it will be for something less burdensome, like jury duty - or military service.

Thank you for this great sacrifice! We're all so proud of you!

Last edited:

Boy, you ain't kiddin' about THAT. The two-week diet I was on called for pistachios, and they wanted almost ten bucks for that little container. Pffft. I stuck with pecans and almonds.

Boy, you ain't kiddin' about THAT. The two-week diet I was on called for pistachios, and they wanted almost ten bucks for that little container. Pffft. I stuck with pecans and almonds.

How much weight did you lose?

none of yer damn business morgue monkey

Dunno. I don't own a scale, and refuse to ever be weighed except at the doctor's office. I go by whether or not my clothes fit comfortably, and at the end of the two weeks, I was able to wear my skinny jeans again, so I was happy.

Dunno. I don't own a scale, and refuse to ever be weighed except at the doctor's office. I go by whether or not my clothes fit comfortably, and at the end of the two weeks, I was able to wear my skinny jeans again, so I was happy.

i really just wanted to know if the diet worked sans pistachios.

i really just wanted to know if the diet worked sans pistachios.

Sure. All nuts, except peanuts, are high in antioxidants. They were just trying to switch it up and keep the menu interesting, instead of serving the same food for two weeks. I appreciate that, but I'd rather be bored than spend ten dollars on a small container of pistachios.

Actually, as with a lot of diets, I had to substitute food several times, either because something was out of season, or because I hate it.

Forum List

Back