Explanation of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict

Well let's get our facts straight- what You see is what You choose to look for.
The same is true for you.

And the info You get is from....wait for it....wait for it...THE INTERNET AND TV
That doesn't automatically make the claims false.

How many Israeli-arabs do You know actually?
Zero.

You see where I'm going?
Yeah, towards an invalid rebuttal.

In reality those Holocaust survivors and orthodox jews are 2nd class civilians who
have to be pushed and are used as pawns.
Where's your proof they've been "pushed" or used as "pawns"?

While the arabs are well paid doctors, lawyers etc..
who pay no tax on the land, have tremendous discounts in water and electricity, get extra benefits from social-security and are allowed to build without any check-ups.
Can they live in "Jew only" communities or drive down "Jew only" roads?

Arabic is the national language in Israel beside Hebrew. They have representatives in the parliament
Can they be PM?

who for years call for the destruction of Israel and cooperate with Hamas and Hizballa freely.
Where's your proof of this?

A regular jew has to struggle financially while young arabs get inheritance and new houses for nothing.
That's bullshit! Where's your proof of that?

balestianians get water,electricity and money from Israeli taxpayers even during those conflicts in spite of all.
They're treated for free in Israeli hospitals. Given lands with infrastructure and working-businesses...have a full freedom of religion...while the zionist push harder on the average jew to end the month...not to mention those poor orthodox with 4-7 kids who have to be excused for getting their rightfull benefits.
More bullshit. Where's your proof of those?

Arabs don't have to serve in the IDF if they choose.
THAT'S THE REALITY
Wrong. The reality is, they're barred from serving.

Well You don't look for truth so why should I bother to continue.
How convenient.

*Show me the exact violations, the treaties and the place and time of the crime. Then as a decent human being You can place those accusations. Until then it's Your OPINION.
I already have, you refused to comment on them.

And YES those balestinian terrorist who dance to the deaths of others,
send children with bomb-vests and hide behind civilians in guerrilla "wars" and break every ceasefire-
That's bullshit. Israel has broken every cease-fire they've ever entered. You show me one cease-fire they didn't break and I'll show you their actions that did.

THEY"RE LOW LIVES and they use Your uninformed opinion in their justification to murder.
My opinion is not uninformed and you can take that condescending attitude and shove it up your ass.

NOTHING OBJECTIVE ABOUT A HALF BAKED OPINION based on THEIR SAY-SO YOU TRY TO ENDORSE.
Who is "they"?

*In Russia they'd be "Hunted down and if needed killed in restrooms they hid in" and You'd be silent as a mouse.
Again, who is "they"?

Nothing religious or ethnic about that, would say the same about any american who behaves in this manner
WTF are you talking about?

And the info You get is from....wait for it....wait for it...THE INTERNET AND TV

Zero.

You see where I'm going?

In reality those Holocaust survivors and orthodox jews are 2nd class civilians who

who pay no tax on the land, have tremendous discounts in water and electricity, get extra benefits from social-security and are allowed to build without any check-ups.

Arabic is the national language in Israel beside Hebrew. They have representatives in the parliament
Can they be PM?

who for years call for the destruction of Israel and cooperate with Hamas and Hizballa freely.

A regular jew has to struggle financially while young arabs get inheritance and new houses for nothing.

balestianians get water,electricity and money from Israeli taxpayers even during those conflicts in spite of all.
They're treated for free in Israeli hospitals. Given lands with infrastructure and working-businesses...have a full freedom of religion...while the zionist push harder on the average jew to end the month...not to mention those poor orthodox with 4-7 kids who have to be excused for getting their rightfull benefits.

THAT'S THE REALITY

How convenient.

*Show me the exact violations, the treaties and the place and time of the crime. Then as a decent human being You can place those accusations. Until then it's Your OPINION.

send children with bomb-vests and hide behind civilians in guerrilla "wars" and break every ceasefire-
That's bullshit. Israel has broken every cease-fire they've ever entered. You show me one cease-fire they didn't break and I'll show you their actions that did.

THEY"RE LOW LIVES and they use Your uninformed opinion in their justification to murder.
My opinion is not uninformed and you can take that condescending attitude and shove it up your ass.

NOTHING OBJECTIVE ABOUT A HALF BAKED OPINION based on THEIR SAY-SO YOU TRY TO ENDORSE.
Who is "they"?

*In Russia they'd be "Hunted down and if needed killed in restrooms they hid in" and You'd be silent as a mouse.
Again, who is "they"?

Nothing religious or ethnic about that, would say the same about any american who behaves in this manner

Some Jew-only roads were established on the West Bank because of snipers who were shooting at Jewish drivers. Also, Billo, you don't differentiate between Israel proper and the West Bank. You should really switch to a topic where you have more real-life experience.

Phoenall, toastman, Tinmore, et al,

We go through this periodically.

Palestine did not have any international borders.​

Who told you that?

Link?
Mandate of Palestine..............................
Can you quote where it says that?
(REFERENCE)

The boundaries are described as follows:-- INTRODUCTORY Position

Palestine lies on the western edge of the continent of Asia between Latitude 30º N. and 33º N., Longitude 34º 30’ E. and 35º 30’ E.

On the North it is bounded by the French Mandated Territories of Syria and Lebanon, on the East by Syria and Trans-Jordan, on the South-west by the Egyptian province of Sinai, on the South-east by the Gulf of Aqaba and on the West by the Mediterranean. The frontier with Syria was laid down by the Anglo-French Convention of the 23rd December, 1920, and its delimitation was ratified in 1923. Briefly stated, the boundaries are as follows:

North.—From Ras en Naqura on the Mediterranean eastwards to a point west of Qadas, thence in a northerly direction to Metulla, thence east to a point west of Banias.

East.—From Banias in a southerly direction east of Lake Hula to Jisr Banat Ya’pub, thence along a line east of the Jordan and the Lake of Tiberias and on to El Hamme station on the Samakh-Deraa railway line, thence along the centre of the river Yarmuq to its confluence with the Jordan, thence along the centres of the Jordan, the Dead Sea and the Wadi Araba to a point on the Gulf of Aqaba two miles west of the town of Aqaba, thence along the shore of the Gulf of Aqaba to Ras Jaba.

South.—From Ras Jaba in a generally north-westerly direction to the junction of the Neki-Aqaba and Gaza-Aqaba Roads, thence to a point west-north-west of Ain Maghara and thence to a point on the Mediterranean coast north-west of Rafa.

West.—The Mediterranean Sea.​

(COMMENT)

The "administration of Palestine, within such boundaries as may be determined by the Principal Allied Powers, was based on the Sykes-Picot Treaty and the Franco-British Boundary Agreement of 1920 (AKA: Paulet–Newcombe Agreement named after the two Military Officers that lead the Survey Team). The boundary between the Mandates of Palestine and Mesopotamia were authored by LTC Newcombe British Surveyor in agreement with the French. The Mandate of Syria and the Lebanon, were authored by LTC Paulet, French Surveyor in agreement with the British. These Survey results were finally established and agreed upon on 7 March 1923; shortly before the British and French took-up Mandatory responsibilities on 29 September 1923.

There was no political subdivision called Palestine prior to the establishment of the territory under which the Mandate for Palestine was applied. What "P F Tinmore" is using and referring to are the boundaries established in the Paulet–Newcombe Agreement of 1923 for the Mandate was named after. It is also why the All Palestine Government (as an example) used the phrase: ""PALESTINE IN ITS ENTIRETY AND WITHIN ITS BOUNDARIES AS ESTABLISHED BEFORE THE TERMINATION OF THE BRITISH MANDATE."" It is because the Arab Palestinian had no other means to identify the territory other than in relationship to --- and by the name the Allied Powers assigned the Mandate.

Most Respectfully,
R
There are some facts that we need to remember.

The Mandates never annexed or otherwise gained possession of the mandated territories. They had no land or borders of their own.

The Mandates were temporally assigned to hold defined territories in trust on behalf of the people.

"The people" were defined by international law and reiterated by the Treaty of Lausanne. In the defined territory of Palestine that would be the Palestinians. "The People" have the inherent, inalienable right to self determination, independence and sovereignty, and territorial integrity.

The mandates had procedures, goals, and end times specified in the LoN Covenant.

Link from the LoN itself saying this

Try again using the correct terms as in the mandated powers and not the actual mandate

No Palestine before the Mandate so the people where Jews, Christians and muslims. Each granted the same rights to declare independence on their own section of land. A pity the arab muslims chose the wrong route to self determination

LINK from the LoN saying that the mandates had an end time, show the date of the end time ?
The Mandates never annexed or otherwise gained possession of the mandated territories. They had no land or borders of their own.​

"The demise of the Ottoman Empire, in fact, 'resolved' the Eastern question. Yet while Britain and France inherited the political controls they significantly did not annex Near and Middle East territory outright. Mandates and preferential alliances were no more than provisional arrangements, and the presence of the Western Powers in various guises stimulated the growth of local nationalism dedicated to the early realization of full sovereignty." - See more at: The Origins and Evolution of the Palestine Problem - CEIRPP DPR study part I 1917-1947 30 June 1978

Palestine did not have any international borders.​

Who told you that?

Link?
(REFERENCE)

Palestine lies on the western edge of the continent of Asia between Latitude 30º N. and 33º N., Longitude 34º 30’ E. and 35º 30’ E.

On the North it is bounded by the French Mandated Territories of Syria and Lebanon, on the East by Syria and Trans-Jordan, on the South-west by the Egyptian province of Sinai, on the South-east by the Gulf of Aqaba and on the West by the Mediterranean. The frontier with Syria was laid down by the Anglo-French Convention of the 23rd December, 1920, and its delimitation was ratified in 1923. Briefly stated, the boundaries are as follows:

North.—From Ras en Naqura on the Mediterranean eastwards to a point west of Qadas, thence in a northerly direction to Metulla, thence east to a point west of Banias.

East.—From Banias in a southerly direction east of Lake Hula to Jisr Banat Ya’pub, thence along a line east of the Jordan and the Lake of Tiberias and on to El Hamme station on the Samakh-Deraa railway line, thence along the centre of the river Yarmuq to its confluence with the Jordan, thence along the centres of the Jordan, the Dead Sea and the Wadi Araba to a point on the Gulf of Aqaba two miles west of the town of Aqaba, thence along the shore of the Gulf of Aqaba to Ras Jaba.

South.—From Ras Jaba in a generally north-westerly direction to the junction of the Neki-Aqaba and Gaza-Aqaba Roads, thence to a point west-north-west of Ain Maghara and thence to a point on the Mediterranean coast north-west of Rafa.

(COMMENT)

The "administration of Palestine, within such boundaries as may be determined by the Principal Allied Powers, was based on the Sykes-Picot Treaty and the Franco-British Boundary Agreement of 1920 (AKA: Paulet–Newcombe Agreement named after the two Military Officers that lead the Survey Team). The boundary between the Mandates of Palestine and Mesopotamia were authored by LTC Newcombe British Surveyor in agreement with the French. The Mandate of Syria and the Lebanon, were authored by LTC Paulet, French Surveyor in agreement with the British. These Survey results were finally established and agreed upon on 7 March 1923; shortly before the British and French took-up Mandatory responsibilities on 29 September 1923.

There was no political subdivision called Palestine prior to the establishment of the territory under which the Mandate for Palestine was applied. What "P F Tinmore" is using and referring to are the boundaries established in the Paulet–Newcombe Agreement of 1923 for the Mandate was named after. It is also why the All Palestine Government (as an example) used the phrase: ""PALESTINE IN ITS ENTIRETY AND WITHIN ITS BOUNDARIES AS ESTABLISHED BEFORE THE TERMINATION OF THE BRITISH MANDATE."" It is because the Arab Palestinian had no other means to identify the territory other than in relationship to --- and by the name the Allied Powers assigned the Mandate.

Most Respectfully,
R

The Mandates never annexed or otherwise gained possession of the mandated territories. They had no land or borders of their own.

The Mandates were temporally assigned to hold defined territories in trust on behalf of the people.

"The people" were defined by international law and reiterated by the Treaty of Lausanne. In the defined territory of Palestine that would be the Palestinians. "The People" have the inherent, inalienable right to self determination, independence and sovereignty, and territorial integrity.

The mandates had procedures, goals, and end times specified in the LoN Covenant.

Try again using the correct terms as in the mandated powers and not the actual mandate

No Palestine before the Mandate so the people where Jews, Christians and muslims. Each granted the same rights to declare independence on their own section of land. A pity the arab muslims chose the wrong route to self determination

LINK from the LoN saying that the mandates had an end time, show the date of the end time ?
The Mandates were temporally assigned to hold defined territories in trust on behalf of the people.​

Several authorities, basing their views on the wording of Article 22 of the Covenant, and stressing that the League was founded on the principle of non-annexation of territories and that the mandates prohibited the alienation of territory (article 5 of the Palestine Mandate), have ruled that sovereignty rested with the people of a Mandated Territory, albeit in suspense since they could not exercise it.

To all intents and purposes, these Territories belong to the indigenous inhabitants and communities, which the League has set out to defend and on whose behalf it acts as a kind of family council". - See more at: The Origins and Evolution of the Palestine Problem - CEIRPP DPR study part I 1917-1947 30 June 1978

rights....as I showed earlier Arabs in Israel are a privileged community with more social and financial benefits
than the average jew.

But that still doesn't change the fact that You get in the middle of a centuries old war/argument
trying to measure it using Your native standards and telling what is "right' for them.

Imagine Syrians going to Russia telling them what to do in Kazan or how to relocate their capital
to S Petersburg...or even how to deal with Ukraine's nazis.

Your difficult to realize th importance of religion and culture in this region show how
disconnected You are from the realities there.
YOU ARE A MERELY PASSING BY PUSHING YOUR NOSE INTO MATTERS
THAT HAVE LITTLE CONNECTION TO YOU EXCEPT FOR OIL PRICES- AND YOU'RE
USED JUST FOR THAT. A DELUDED "WHITE MAN" WHO DWELLS IN SELF-IMPORTANCE
You're right about one thing, this issue has nothing to do with me. It doesn't affect my daily life in any way, shape or form. And because I don't have a stake in this, I'm the most objective, non-partisan voice you'll have on this subject. And what I see is this:

Israeli-Arabs are treated like 2nd class citizens
There are apartheid laws (Nakba Law) that discriminate against them.
Palestinian's in general, are treated like they're subhuman.
There are over 100 UN resolutions on Israeli human rights violations.
It is illegal to hold onto land seized in a war.​

There is nothing delusional about that. There's nothing religious about that.

That's reality! Not some made up BS you're pushing.

You see where I'm going?

have to be pushed and are used as pawns. While the arabs are well paid doctors, lawyers etc..

THAT'S THE REALITY

Arabs don't have to serve in the IDF - however service in the IDF is leads to greater promotions and career choices. Not serving limits.

Your opinion sounds pretty half baked as well.

How many Jewish homes are bulldozed?
How many Arab homes?
How many permits are granted for Jewish projects?
How many permits are granted for Arab projects?
How many new Jewish settlements have been approved? Can Arabs live in them? How many new Arab settlements have been approved?
How does the amount of money given to Jewish schools compare with Arab schools?
Why do illegal Arab settlements get bull dozed while most illegal Jewish settlements get infrastructure?
Why are Arabs being pushed out of Jeruselum through a complicated system of denied "residency" permits and absentee confiscations?

rights....as I showed earlier Arabs in Israel are a privileged community with more social and financial benefits
than the average jew.

But that still doesn't change the fact that You get in the middle of a centuries old war/argument
trying to measure it using Your native standards and telling what is "right' for them.

Imagine Syrians going to Russia telling them what to do in Kazan or how to relocate their capital

Your difficult to realize th importance of religion and culture in this region show how
You're right about one thing, this issue has nothing to do with me. It doesn't affect my daily life in any way, shape or form. And because I don't have a stake in this, I'm the most objective, non-partisan voice you'll have on this subject. And what I see is this:

You see where I'm going?

have to be pushed and are used as pawns. While the arabs are well paid doctors, lawyers etc..

THAT'S THE REALITY

Arabs don't have to serve in the IDF - however service in the IDF is leads to greater promotions and career choices. Not serving limits.

How many Arab homes?
How many new Jewish settlements have been approved? Can Arabs live in them? How many new Arab settlements have been approved?
Why do illegal Arab settlements get bull dozed while most illegal Jewish settlements get infrastructure?
Why are Arabs being pushed out of Jeruselum through a complicated system of denied "residency" permits and absentee confiscations?

half of those with infractions have charges filed against them and less than 10% are bulldozed.
the number has raised gradually over the years.

Egypt has also bulldozed homes in the sinai.

more than 14,000 settler homes in the WB have been bulldozed

than the average jew.

You see where I'm going?

THAT'S THE REALITY

How many Arab homes?

half of those with infractions have charges filed against them and less than 10% are bulldozed.

You are the king/queen of apologists for Israel. If penguins in Antarctica bulldozed homes you would bring it up.

than the average jew.

You see where I'm going?

THAT'S THE REALITY

How many Arab homes?

Egypt is bulldozing homes for to create a buffer - not part of an ongoing thing.

Do you have sources to support your claim of less than 10% and more than 14,000?

UN Israel demolished homes of 1 177 Palestinians in Jerusalem and West Bank in 2014 - Diplomacy and Defense - Haaretz Daily Newspaper Israel News

Israel’s planning policies very much limit the ability of Palestinians to build in East Jerusalem, discriminating against them compared to Jews. In Area C — the majority of the West Bank — except in certain exceptional cases, Israel does not allow Palestinians additional construction relative to the natural population growth, and does not allow connecting hundreds of communities with some 300,000 Palestinian residents to infrastructure (according to OCHA figures). Therefore, the three options facing people are living in crowded housing and difficult conditions, moving to the Palestinian enclaves in Areas A and B or building without permits, and out of a lack of choice repeated building with no permits.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Yes, must of us in my era, were familiar with Professor Jacob Hurewitz's (Columbia University) work on a number of different issues; unaffiliated with either the UN or USG. He wrote the passage you cite below.

Yet --- there is another passage that is just as important.

The Mandates never annexed or otherwise gained possession of the mandated territories. They had no land or borders of their own.​

"The demise of the Ottoman Empire, in fact, 'resolved' the Eastern question. Yet while Britain and France inherited the political controls they significantly did not annex Near and Middle East territory outright. Mandates and preferential alliances were no more than provisional arrangements, and the presence of the Western Powers in various guises stimulated the growth of local nationalism dedicated to the early realization of full sovereignty." - See more at: The Origins and Evolution of the Palestine Problem - CEIRPP DPR study part I 1917-1947 30 June 1978
(ADDITIONAL PASSAGE) All from your same source:

First:

The allocation of Arab territories

Article 22 laid down no rules for the selection of the Mandatory Powers or for the distribution of mandates between them. Turkey and Germany were simply made to renounce their claims to sovereignty over the territories whose distribution was to be decided by the Allied Powers. Germany's divestiture of titles was codified in the Treaty of Versailles (article 119). In the case of Turkey, such renunciation was provided for in the Treaty of Sevres of 1920 (article 132) but, since that treaty never came into force, the renunciation of Turkish claims over non-Turkish territories was formalized in the Treaty of Lausanne. The treaties of Versailles and of Lausanne contained explicit provisions empowering the Allied Powers to apportion the "freed" territories as their mandates.

The former German territories were allotted by a decision of the Supreme Council of the Allied Powers on 7 May 1919, shortly after the signing of the Treaty of Versailles. The former Turkish territories, however, were divided at the Conference of San Remo on 25 April 1920, while a legal state of war with Turkey still existed, three years before the signing of the Treaty of Lausanne. The administration of Syria and Lebanon was awarded to France, and that of Palestine and Transjordan and of Mesopotamia (Iraq) to Great Britain.

Second:

The Covenant of the League of Nations

The League of Nations was a body sui generis, established by an unprecedented agreement by the victorious States of the post-war world to establish their concept of order in international relations. The place of the colonies ruled by the victorious States and the territories detached from the defeated States was a special problem in this order.

Colonialism then was still part of the international system, although President Wilson's programme, a liberal landmark in the development of anti-colonialism, acknowledged that the concept of the right of self-determination applied equally to the non-Western part of humanity:

• "A free, open-minded and absolutely impartial adjustment of all colonial claims, based upon a strict observance of the principle that in determining all such questions of sovereignty the interests of the populations concerned must have equal weight with the equitable claims of the Government whose title is to be determined."
The League of Nations, designed to respond to the prevailing order, adopted the mandates concept, an innovation in the international system, as a way to accommodate the demands of the colonial age with the moral and political need to acknowledge the rights of the colonized.

Article 22 (full text at annex IV) of the Covenant established the Mandates System, founded on the concept of the development of such territories under the "tutelage ... of advanced nations" formed "a sacred trust of civilization". The degree of tutelage was to depend on the extent of political maturity of the territory concerned. The most developed would be classified as 'A' Mandates, the less developed as 'B', and the least developed as 'C'.

The character of the Arab peoples, themselves inheritors of an ancient and advanced civilization, could not but be recognized, and the clauses directly applied to Arab lands as class 'A' Mandates read:

• "Certain communities formerly belonging to the Turkish Empire have reached a stage of development where their existence as independent nations can be provisionally recognized subject to the rendering of administrative advice and assistance by a Mandatory until such time as they are able to stand alone. The wishes of these communities must be a principal consideration in the selection of the Mandatory."
Palestine was in no manner excluded from these provisions.

(COMMENT)

In the first and second decades of the 20th Century, when many of the critical decisions were made, the League of Nations did not have the advantage of the resolutions on self-determination, rights of the indigenous population and the relationship between states on the issue of sovereign integrity. The Universal realization of the right of peoples to self-determination did not actually become a non-binding resolution until 1994 (A/RES/49/148). While it is true that the non-binding Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples, Adopted by General Assembly resolution 1514 (XV) of 14 December 1960, in which the self-determination is addressed, it comes a half century after the adoption of the mandates, the Balfour Declaration, and the consensus of the Allied Powers at San Remo.
  • The Arab Palestinian reject the Article 22 "tutelage."
  • The treaty gave the freedom to the Allied Powers the right to apportion as they determined was necessary.
  • The idea of self-determination was still in the concept form with President Wilson's work-in-progress.
Whether or not you are sympathetic to the outcomes relative to the establishment of Israel (the Jewish National Home), the fact of the matter is, Israel is a reality.
  • Israel has become a hi-tech economy in the past 60 years.
  • Israel is a parliamentary democracy.
  • Israel vary tolerant in terms of Religion and is multi-cultural: Israel proper is approximately 76.4 percent Jewish, 16 percent Muslim (mostly Sunni), 1.6 percent Druze, 2 percent mostly-Arab Christian and 4 percent unspecified.
In terms of its Arab neighbors, Israel is the most stable country of all the adjacent Arab countries. It is an example of a developing nation that we need more of in the world.

Most Respectfully,
R​

than the average jew.

You see where I'm going?

THAT'S THE REALITY

How many Arab homes?

Egypt is bulldozing homes for to create a buffer - not part of an ongoing thing.

Do you have sources to support your claim of less than 10% and more than 14,000?

apologies

1,700 palestinian homes demolished and 1,400 settlement homes

Most the settlements demolished contained about 250 families in a dozen to fifty buildings. Some were mobile homes, tin building to almost finished cinder block apartment buildings.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Yes, must of us in my era, were familiar with Professor Jacob Hurewitz's (Columbia University) work on a number of different issues; unaffiliated with either the UN or USG. He wrote the passage you cite below.

Yet --- there is another passage that is just as important.

(ADDITIONAL PASSAGE) All from your same source:

First:

The allocation of Arab territories

Article 22 laid down no rules for the selection of the Mandatory Powers or for the distribution of mandates between them. Turkey and Germany were simply made to renounce their claims to sovereignty over the territories whose distribution was to be decided by the Allied Powers. Germany's divestiture of titles was codified in the Treaty of Versailles (article 119). In the case of Turkey, such renunciation was provided for in the Treaty of Sevres of 1920 (article 132) but, since that treaty never came into force, the renunciation of Turkish claims over non-Turkish territories was formalized in the Treaty of Lausanne. The treaties of Versailles and of Lausanne contained explicit provisions empowering the Allied Powers to apportion the "freed" territories as their mandates.

The former German territories were allotted by a decision of the Supreme Council of the Allied Powers on 7 May 1919, shortly after the signing of the Treaty of Versailles. The former Turkish territories, however, were divided at the Conference of San Remo on 25 April 1920, while a legal state of war with Turkey still existed, three years before the signing of the Treaty of Lausanne. The administration of Syria and Lebanon was awarded to France, and that of Palestine and Transjordan and of Mesopotamia (Iraq) to Great Britain.

Second:

The Covenant of the League of Nations

The League of Nations was a body sui generis, established by an unprecedented agreement by the victorious States of the post-war world to establish their concept of order in international relations. The place of the colonies ruled by the victorious States and the territories detached from the defeated States was a special problem in this order.

Colonialism then was still part of the international system, although President Wilson's programme, a liberal landmark in the development of anti-colonialism, acknowledged that the concept of the right of self-determination applied equally to the non-Western part of humanity:

• "A free, open-minded and absolutely impartial adjustment of all colonial claims, based upon a strict observance of the principle that in determining all such questions of sovereignty the interests of the populations concerned must have equal weight with the equitable claims of the Government whose title is to be determined."
The League of Nations, designed to respond to the prevailing order, adopted the mandates concept, an innovation in the international system, as a way to accommodate the demands of the colonial age with the moral and political need to acknowledge the rights of the colonized.

Article 22 (full text at annex IV) of the Covenant established the Mandates System, founded on the concept of the development of such territories under the "tutelage ... of advanced nations" formed "a sacred trust of civilization". The degree of tutelage was to depend on the extent of political maturity of the territory concerned. The most developed would be classified as 'A' Mandates, the less developed as 'B', and the least developed as 'C'.

The character of the Arab peoples, themselves inheritors of an ancient and advanced civilization, could not but be recognized, and the clauses directly applied to Arab lands as class 'A' Mandates read:

• "Certain communities formerly belonging to the Turkish Empire have reached a stage of development where their existence as independent nations can be provisionally recognized subject to the rendering of administrative advice and assistance by a Mandatory until such time as they are able to stand alone. The wishes of these communities must be a principal consideration in the selection of the Mandatory."
Palestine was in no manner excluded from these provisions.

(COMMENT)

In the first and second decades of the 20th Century, when many of the critical decisions were made, the League of Nations did not have the advantage of the resolutions on self-determination, rights of the indigenous population and the relationship between states on the issue of sovereign integrity. The Universal realization of the right of peoples to self-determination did not actually become a non-binding resolution until 1994 (A/RES/49/148). While it is true that the non-binding Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples, Adopted by General Assembly resolution 1514 (XV) of 14 December 1960, in which the self-determination is addressed, it comes a half century after the adoption of the mandates, the Balfour Declaration, and the consensus of the Allied Powers at San Remo.
  • The Arab Palestinian reject the Article 22 "tutelage."
  • The treaty gave the freedom to the Allied Powers the right to apportion as they determined was necessary.
  • The idea of self-determination was still in the concept form with President Wilson's work-in-progress.
Whether or not you are sympathetic to the outcomes relative to the establishment of Israel (the Jewish National Home), the fact of the matter is, Israel is a reality.
  • Israel has become a hi-tech economy in the past 60 years.
  • Israel is a parliamentary democracy.
  • Israel vary tolerant in terms of Religion and is multi-cultural: Israel proper is approximately 76.4 percent Jewish, 16 percent Muslim (mostly Sunni), 1.6 percent Druze, 2 percent mostly-Arab Christian and 4 percent unspecified.
In terms of its Arab neighbors, Israel is the most stable country of all the adjacent Arab countries. It is an example of a developing nation that we need more of in the world.

Most Respectfully,
R​

In terms of its African neighbors, Apartheid South Africa was the most stable country of all the adjacent African countries. It was an example of a developing nation that we needed more of.

The non-white citizens of the occupied territories, the Bantustans, were not treated so well.

Zero.

You see where I'm going?

Can they be PM?

THAT'S THE REALITY

How convenient.

Who is "they"?

Again, who is "they"?

Not quite as you go looking on anti Jew sites for your information.

It does if they come from anti Jew sources.

So you cant comment then can you

Why not a valid one ?

The Internet and TV

Yes as there are none of those in Israel

YES if they can get enough votes, just as the KKK could put forward a Grand Wizard to be President.

Internet and TV

Living in Israel and seeing what happens. Just as you are now seeing gangs getting treatment for injuries before those who pay for the treatment.

First hand experience, you don't live there to see it

No they are not and they beg to join in some cases

Its true you don't unless it meets with your NAZI POV

No you copied a list from an anti Jew site

Of course you can when you alter the timeline and remove the hamas violations

But it is as you only see one side, and that is the NAZI JEW HATRED side

(REFERENCE)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

They did not need to as the LoN had done that through treaty in 1917. Again you try and use 2014 legalities retrospectively to alter 1923 treaties, it wont work as the laws were not in existence. By the way Britain and France did not have the power to annexe the land they where just mandated powers and nor sovereign land owners.

Your link is just islamonazi propaganda and as such invalid as evidenced

(REFERENCE)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

The Mandates were temporally assigned to hold defined territories in trust on behalf of the people.​

Several authorities, basing their views on the wording of Article 22 of the Covenant, and stressing that the League was founded on the principle of non-annexation of territories and that the mandates prohibited the alienation of territory (article 5 of the Palestine Mandate), have ruled that sovereignty rested with the people of a Mandated Territory, albeit in suspense since they could not exercise it.

To all intents and purposes, these Territories belong to the indigenous inhabitants and communities, which the League has set out to defend and on whose behalf it acts as a kind of family council". - See more at: The Origins and Evolution of the Palestine Problem - CEIRPP DPR study part I 1917-1947 30 June 1978

So where is the date of the end of the mandatory power, seeing as the mandate for Palestine is still in existence until Palestine becomes a full nation

than the average jew.

You see where I'm going?

THAT'S THE REALITY

How many Arab homes?

How many Jews can live safely in arab areas ?

How many Jews are terrorists ?

The children get the same amount spent on schooling, it is the arabs that split the amount allocated and try to claim they are given less.

Prove they are illegal Jewish settlements

Because they are living in property stolen from the Jews.

than the average jew.

You see where I'm going?

THAT'S THE REALITY

How many Arab homes?

WRONG ....................Egypt is bulldozing homes under the same clause of the Geneva conventions that Israel is. That of Military necessity and it is an ongoing thing. Remember Rachel Corrie who was protesting against Egypt bulldzoing tunnels in gaza and committed suicide, still bulldozing the same areas today.

You see where I'm going?

THAT'S THE REALITY

How many Arab homes?

WRONG ....................Egypt is bulldozing homes under the same clause of the Geneva conventions that Israel is. That of Military necessity and it is an ongoing thing. Remember Rachel Corrie who was protesting against Egypt bulldzoing tunnels in gaza and committed suicide, still bulldozing the same areas today.

Rachel Corrie wasn't protesting against the Egyptians. The best way to do public relations for Israel is to get all of our facts straight.

You see where I'm going?

THAT'S THE REALITY

How many Arab homes?

Rachel Corrie wasn't protesting against the Egyptians. The best way to do public relations for Israel is to get all of our facts straight.

She was protesting in Rafah which is the Egyptian side of gaza. The Egyptian army are bulldozing homes and collapsing tunnels the same as Israel . My point is that none of the islamonazi's are making any noises about what Egypt are doing.

Forum List

Back