EVs Were More Popular Than Gas Cars a Century Ago, But They Couldn’t Avoid This Big Problem

Renewables produce more energy than coal and nuclear in the US.

According to figures from the US Energy Information Administration (EIA), 22% of all electricity by the end of 2022 came from hydro, wind and solar. That is higher than coal at 20 per cent and nuclear at 19 per cent.

Since 2019, solar and wind power have grown by 58 per cent in the US. Renewable sources provided 22 per cent of US electricity generation in 2022 and 24 per cent in 2023 as generation from natural gas declined from 38 per cent in 2022 to 36 per cent in 2023.

After peaking around a decade ago, coal has seen a gradual decline in its share of energy production. This is set to drop from 20 to 19 per cent, according to the EIA.
Your attempt at obfuscation is pathetic. The only reason renewable sources reached 22% was artificial government subsidies and suppression of fossil fuel production.

Your attempt at obfuscation is pathetic. The only reason renewable sources reached 22% was artificial government subsidies and suppression of fossil fuel production.

Fossil fuels have not been suppressed (facts have been posted many times) and oil and gas has been subsidized for decades.

Renewables produce more energy than coal and nuclear in the US.

According to figures from the US Energy Information Administration (EIA), 22% of all electricity by the end of 2022 came from hydro, wind and solar. That is higher than coal at 20 per cent and nuclear at 19 per cent.

Coal AND nuclear produce 39%, according to your source.
Natural gas 36%.
Renewables only 22%.

Steam is the primary source of energy in the gigantic U.S. Navy fleets. It's generated by nuclear power.
Only aircraft carriers run on nuclear power. The modern classes of destroyers and frigates are run by gas turbine engines.

We are decades & major leaps in technology plus massive infrastructure away from making this EV fantasy come to life.
It took decades to build the infrastructure for gasoline vehicles, too. Hell, we didn't even have usable roads, much less gas stations.

But we didn't let that stop us.

As for the electric cars in Ye Olden Times, the batteries we have today are far more efficient.

Explain the subsidies you feel they received.
I'll be happy to point out your errors.

How about the Inland Waters Transport for Petroleum Subsidy. Other shippers have to pay a fee to use the waterways, not the oil companies.

You have a link to the law?

I thought you were aware of whatever I was talking about and were going to straigten me out?

How about things like the war in Iraq and Syria which were nothing more than wars to protect the oil industries interests?

Forum List

Back